CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CAMPAIGN FINALE  (Read 14839 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
CAMPAIGN FINALE
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »

The campaign finale will be held on October 26th, at Sci-fi City. 

Game-on will be at 11am SHARP.  Once I've developed the scenario a bit more, I'll be able to better predict when game-off will be, but expect this to go a bit past 5pm this time.

I will be posting further logistical details in this thread as the need for them develops.  Please, please, put this on your calendars and ensure you'll be there for this one.  I'm giving 2 months notice to ensure that everybody can make it.

There WILL be a need for NPCs.  I will clarify that statement further in a later post.

Finally, no, there will NOT be a replacement PC for the late Lieutenant Hannay.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPAIGN FINALE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »

Rob,

That's move in weekend for my play and it's very likely I'm going to have to miss the 26th. We already had an agreed upon date in October. Why the change?

With a sweep of his...

Hat

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:22 AM »

The campaign finale will be held on October 26th, at Sci-fi City. 

Game-on will be at 11am SHARP.  Once I've developed the scenario a bit more, I'll be able to better predict when game-off will be, but expect this to go a bit past 5pm this time.

I will be posting further logistical details in this thread as the need for them develops.  Please, please, put this on your calendars and ensure you'll be there for this one.  I'm giving 2 months notice to ensure that everybody can make it.

There WILL be a need for NPCs.  I will clarify that statement further in a later post.

Finally, no, there will NOT be a replacement PC for the late Lieutenant Hannay.

Are there any pilots available/not dead from Echo/Foxtrot companies that can be used to fill in the gap or have they all been reassigned already?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:08:43 AM »

Rob,

That's move in weekend for my play and it's very likely I'm going to have to miss the 26th. We already had an agreed upon date in October. Why the change?

Because I was reminded by my wife - brutally - of a pair of obligations I have the weekend of the 5th.  One of which was evidently made for me without my prior knowledge or consent.  The October 26th game has been on the calendar for quite some time anyway.

EDIT: No, I'm not happy about it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:12:14 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:09 AM »

Rob,

I'd missed the fact that the 26th is also a scheduled session.  I may have some additionally flexibility given that it's an existing commitment.  Let me see what I can do.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »

Noted. I've got to check the date with the family but this should work out fine.

Now there aren't any further dates in August, correct? Due to GenCon? But what about September, was a date ever locked in?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »

Noted. I've got to check the date with the family but this should work out fine.

Now there aren't any further dates in August, correct? Due to GenCon? But what about September, was a date ever locked in?

There is a thread stickied at the top of the forum which may prove interesting.  Here, let me Google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22apocalyse+rising+schedule+thread%22

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »

There is a thread stickied at the top of the forum which may prove interesting.  Here, let me Google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22apocalyse+rising+schedule+thread%22

While I'm sure you were entertained by your own comment, my question was based on this post: http://forums.cincybattletech.com/index.php?topic=228.msg4552#msg4552

A post which, to date, has still left open the question of the exact date of a game in September.  :P

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »

While I'm sure you were entertained by your own comment, my question was based on this post: http://forums.cincybattletech.com/index.php?topic=228.msg4552#msg4552

A post which, to date, has still left open the question of the exact date of a game in September.  :P

Because Phil, Dan, and Hat all indicated that September didn't work for them at all, there's not going to be an Apocalypse Rising game in September.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »

A post which, to date, has still left open the question of the exact date of a game in September.  :P

My apologies.  I misinterpreted your question as "was there ever a game scheduled for September?"  Under that interpretation, I defend my response as legitimate.  Given the context of the question is now clear, I'm sorry for the snark.

So at this time, there is a day scheduled for the 7th with Sci-fi City wherein people can get together and play and/or set up stuff for the upcoming campaigns, but as a large portion of the playerbase indicated via post or PM that September was basically a lost cause, it prompted me to move the campaign finale to first the 5th of October, and then the 26th upon pain of divorce threat.

Apologies for the confusion.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »

A post which, to date, has still left open the question of the exact date of a game in September.  :P

My apologies.  I misinterpreted your question as "was there ever a game scheduled for September?"  Under that interpretation, I defend my response as legitimate.  Given the context of the question is now clear, I'm sorry for the snark.

So at this time, there is a day scheduled for the 7th with Sci-fi City wherein people can get together and play and/or set up stuff for the upcoming campaigns, but as a large portion of the playerbase indicated via post or PM that September was basically a lost cause, it prompted me to move the campaign finale to first the 5th of October, and then the 26th upon pain of divorce threat.

Apologies for the confusion.

Hah, please don't apologize for snark. Otherwise we'll all be apologizing all the time. I took pleasure in semi-throwing your snark back at ya.  ;D

That sounds good. Maybe we should grab one of those huge scenarios out of an old source book and play it using Alpha Strike on terrain.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

Ok, I reworked things such that the 26th won't be a problem.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »

Hi guys. 

Thanks for letting my son, brother-in-law and myself join your game in Aug.  We had a great time.  Especially my son.  thanks to all who was patient and helped us.  Thanks for the extra kindness shown to my son.  We would like to be a part of Oct 26 game as well.

Thanks again,
Ad Hoc

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:36 PM »

You're quite welcome and I'd be glad to see you and the others again.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 11:34:57 PM »

Its good to have NPCs who are as enthusiastic as your son and you were.  Hope to see you around again.
Pages: [1] 2 3