CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IC: 29 September, 2779  (Read 4964 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: IC: 29 September, 2779
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »

Rules clarifications posted.

Paul: Jumping Jack will not help.  YOU, however, due to the COMBINATION of JJ, and your skills and background, will have a PSR at a flat +2 penalty to shift 1 hex in any direction in that circumstance, should it arise.  Please make a note of it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 04:19:29 PM »

Rob, sweet!  Thanks.  So noted.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 01:26:23 AM »

OOC: Rob, pulling from his standard kit, this is what Yamamori would have with him and be wearing:
If possible, he'll have swapped out his 2 standard grenades (1 flashbang, 1 frag) for 2 HE.  He'll swap out 2 of the stun mini grenades for HE that he keeps in his pack.

Worn:
Coolant suit with combat neurohelmet
IR / ECM / Camo Sneak Suit* No PSR per your response, page 2, thread: http://forums.cincybattletech.com/index.php?topic=429.30
standard side arm with silencer
knife (standard not vibro)
Combat boots (assuming this is standard for all)
1 flashbang, 1 frag grenade

Yamamori's standard kit that he keeps with him in his mech includes:
Mauser 960 with full gear (flash suppressor, grenade launcher, vibroblade, medipack, etc.)
6 mini grenades - 4 high explosive, 2 stun
Jump pack (standard, not emergency - attached to his command couch / ejection system)

Pack (attached to top of jump pack containing)
A few power pack spares for the mauser
An extra couple clips or power packs for the side arm depending on what's standard issue
Ablative flack jacket and pants
6 more HE grenades, 4 smoke, 2 stun (Mini)
Extra rations / water / canteen and water purification
tranq pistol with silencer
Spare medkit

I understand that it will take time to don the jetpack etc, but as there's a chance his mech may be down, but him still alive, better be prepared.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »

I also grabbed a pack full of essentials mostly standard issue things before I left my quarters for the briefing. Agreed better safe then sorry.
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »

"Its falling keep firing!" Moon heard over the constant banter on the coms. He took a second to look at his hud. Amazed by the numbers of friendly IFF still around and the fact one of the monstrosities has already been brought down. Soon after another tumbles to the ground. The happiness of seeing the friends and comrades helped to calm his nerves. He had jumped behind enemy lines with Yamamori, Banzai and Freund only to find that they were the closest to all three of the 200 ton monsters. He had been jumping around harassing them as much as possible to try and help the best he could. Now he can turn his attention from the few units in his area with the 29th on there rear to the Clint that tried to flank behind them. After a few minutes of dancing with the Clint he found himself behind the unit. He managed to hit most of his weapons or all in the last few minutes but it was not enough to bring it down. The unit was severely damaged and in a bad spot however. The battlefield became an eerie silent as the second fell. The Clint hearing this slumped down and the pilot opened the canopy. Moon still ready to fight waited and soon after the rest of the enemy IFF signals just stopped moving and powered down as well. He took a sigh of relief as the battle finally had finally ended. "Your wife relays one message to you Moon." said the tech he talked to just before the drop. "What is that good sir?" He said in reply. "She said your a dad so come home." The words echoed in his ears. He could not believe what he said. "Say that again." he repeated. The tech said "You heard right your a dad." as he laughed over the coms. Moons mech stood there motionless in the palace grounds alone with the Clint. He was speechless but he had a big smile. The order to fall in soon came. The treacherous Amaris lay cowering at the Generals feet. "If I could shoot him myself I would." Moon said just loud enough for his mic to pick up. That fact would be even more true within the next few days. He was still on mop up duty as the war winds down but he was informed of the fate of his family. His brother managed to make it off world before it all went to hell. He had bad news for him even amidst the happiness that they were both okay. His father died trying to get the one remaining Cameron off planet to the drop ship as did his lance. His mother and siblings were hunted down and executed. The only person of his immediate family that survived had been his brother who was off for the pre-holiday trip from the  academy. He had been fighting all along as well seeing some tough battles. they tried to get back to normal life rebuilding over the next couple years but it was hard. Remembering everyday the feelings from the past 15 years. The fateful day came when Kerensky was stripped over his title the world going slowly back into chaos.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:31:01 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

This was it.  The war was coming to a close.  As Echo Company burned hard to come to the Great General’s aid, reality hit home.  One last hill to storm and it should be done.  “I need fast moving, jump capable units for a suicide mission.”  Yamamori naturally volunteered.  The 741st was home and Echo was family.  Their objective was one of the 3 full spectrum jammer, electronic suspension field towers located in one of the heaviest concentrations of enemy units.  Until the towers came down Generals Kerensky and DeChavilier and their troops were in trouble.  The Major led the group including Yamamori, Banzai and Moon.

The situation on the ground was a nightmare.  Mechs twitched and fell under the effects of the suppression fields, sitting ducks for enemy units and artillery.  Arrayed against them were the Fourth Amaris Dragoons including 3 experimental superheavies weighing in at roughly 200 Tons each.  The battle was ugly.  As he took down the tower he was jumped by a Hammerhands and a Victor.  He was already playing cat and mouse with one of the superheavies as another unloaded artillery shells on his position.  He consoled himself with knowing he was tying up forces, buying the others time.  His mech weathered the punishment and held on.  He had hopes of leaving until a Warhammer was brought in to help  eliminate him.  He leaped into the air hoping to crush the cockpit of the Warhammer when his mech was shredded by 4 gauss rifle hits and several pulse lasers.  He managed to punch out as the debris from his Starslayer crashed to the pavement.

Outfitted in his sneak suit, jet pack and mauser he made his way into one of the buildings.  His years spent as a jump infantry scout coming to the fore as the battle waged on.  He made his way up within the hardened structure to a window from which to observe.  He watched as first one and then a second of the superheavies fell.  A majority of the Fourth’s forces already lay immobile on the ground.  As if a signal, the enemy forces surrendered; the path to the palace clear.  As they surrendered he called in out of radio silence – “Major, this is Yamamori.  Present and accounted for, sir!”

He made his way along the ground to join the rest of his unit as an honor guard for the Generals to accept Amaris’ surrender.  It seemed both ironic and fitting that at the end he stood as he did at the beginning of the war – on his own two feet, weapon ready to defend the realm as needed.  He stood in for all the infantry, all the soldiers and in a small way for all the innocents who had died in this terrible war.  He stood as a man among giants – both at the feet of the ‘Mechs of Echo company as well as in the presence of so many august figures.  Kerensky.  DeChavilier.  Truscott.  Hazen.  The list went on.  He watched with his own eyes as Amaris laid the jeweled laser pistol at Kerensky’s feet.  It was a moment that would stay with him the rest of his days.  It was a moment that in a way balanced the one when he first heard of the murder of the First Lord, and the usurper’s declaration of ascendance. 

He wasn’t sure what would come next.  Though bearing many scars from more than a decade of war, he was still young.  He and his wife had talked.  They agreed they would both continue in service, though where they weren’t sure.  She wanted him to join the 77th Special Operations Group, but she knew how much the 741st and especially Echo meant to him.  In any case, there were still likely pockets of resistance to crush and a rebuilding effort to begin.  What was certain was that a brighter day was finally dawning on the Inner Sphere.

Ice

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 04:19:59 AM »

"Looks like we have the same orders Yamamori. Guess we are off again to hunt They just do not get it I guess. Evil may win some battles but never will it win the war." Moon comments on a half thought. It has only been a week since the liberation and the life of a soldier still carries on. New orders have come in for most of echo for temporary duty. Moon was pleased however to see a familiar face going along with him. There are drawbacks to being a echo company memeber. People tend to ask many questions and others get the wrong idea about us. Some think things were exaggerated while others just want the glory we were fated to. Things have been hard trying to get back to normal life as a soldier but every now and then a empty bottle at the bar is all that he and his brother find. Yamamori has been a long on several of these and made transitioning a little easier for them both.
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]