CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Invasion of Terra Campaign Muster  (Read 7535 times)

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Invasion of Terra Campaign Muster
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:44 PM »

17 August 3078, Stone's coalition dropped on to Terra in an attempt to dislodge the Word of Blake from their stronghold on humanity's cradle.  Supported by elements of many nations and clans, it was the largest assault on the planet since Kerensky's assault to remove Amaris the Usurper from the Star League throne.  These invaders were opposed by everything that the Word could throw at them, from TerraSec security forces to elite Shadow Division troops. 

The Cincy campaign will be the fight for Europe, centering on the assault planned on Geneva.

Players will chose from both sides, elements of the Coalition forces under General Redburn vs the Word of Blake's 4th division and its supporting elements.  It will be run using the Chaos Campaign rules, tweaked as needed.  We are hoping to have enough players to do 2 simultaneous related campaigns.  Each force will have dedicated players, and the players of the other force will play opfor for the mission.  Every session will switch between the forces, so one day the Coalition will have their mission and the WoB players will play their OpFor, and next time the WoB will play their units with the Coalition players taking over OpFor.

Both sides will begin with roughly equivalent forces, a Battalion of 'Mechs with supporting aerospace, vehicles and battle armor units for the Coalition, and a Lvl III of mechs and its supporting aerospace, vehicles and battle armor.  These forces represent the entirety of what is at your disposal for this campaign, with limited ability to replace units throughout the campaign.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion of Terra Campaign Muster
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:54 PM »

What we need right now is for everyone to pick teams.  As stated in the previous post, there will be two different teams of players, one for the Coalition, one for WoB.  Go ahead and start figuring out what groups you want to play as.

These are the forces for those who want to paint stuff up or want to decide which group to join based on units involved

Coalition Units
         Fox's Teeth (7th Crusis Lancers)
         Stone's Liberators
         Home Guard (1st Stewart Dragoons)
         Sixth Army (ComGuard)
         5th Lyran Guard
         Other quickly reassigned units(ask and we can figure stuff out)

WoB Units
         4th Division
         TerraSec
         Other quickly reassigned units(ask and we can figure stuff out)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:20:37 PM by Riegien »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »

For those of you without access to JHS: Terra, and wondering about the fluff and other materials. 

The force commander of the Coalition in Geneva is General Andrew Redburn.

The campaign itself is semi-canon, it is based on JHS: Terra but will diverge significantly based on actions of the players.

-------------------------------------------

Here is a running list of what preferences people have stated:

Coalition                                          WoB
Dan                                             Jerrod
Rob (DW)                                      Phil       
John                                             Andy
Bryan                                           Brent
                                                   Bret
                                                Rob Jorden
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:29:40 AM by agustaaquila »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »

Tentative on 1st Stewart Dragoons pending research

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »

We are not doing direct units, the players will be a mishmash group that will be sent on missions.  So all we need is to know who wants to be WoB and who wants to be Coalition at the moment.

maddyfish

• Corporal
  • The sword and hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »

Blakist for me, it's fun being bad. Plus I like c3i
Have Wasp, will travel.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »

Blakist for me, it's fun being bad. Plus I like c3i

Shhhh.  Jarrod, c3i is the Words little secret.   ::); (not like there will not be a ton of ECM on the board) 

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »

I would like to be put into the WOB group.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »

You can sign me up for wherever I'm needed.

Edit:  Also, this sounds awesome!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:36:40 AM by serrate »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »

I'd prefer to be on the coalition side of things, but if the sides end up unbalanced, then I'll hop over to the blakists.  In terms of units, I need to dig out some of my books and do some research on them first, but I'm currently leaning towards the 1st Stewart Dragoons or Stone's Liberators.  I do have a few quick questions about things though:

1.  Does anyone know if Stone's Liberators have a canon paint scheme?
2.  Also, how combined arms will things be?  Are we talking mostly battlemechs with a few lances of conventional vehicles and squads of battle armor thrown in for the combined arms flavor or are we going full combined arms here with conventional vehicles outnumbering mechs and conventional infantry outnumbering conventional vehicles?
3.  Will aerospace fighters be allowed to use bombs?
4.  When playing OpFor, will we use units from our campaign forces or will we be assigned units?
5.  Will a side's forces all be part of one large pool with units assigned to each player for just the scenario or will each player be in charge of their own separate force?
6.  How are forces going to be generated?

I have a set of minor tweaks to the Chaos Campaign rules that pretty much all relate to slightly expanding on the support point costs of various activities, which have worked out decently for my admittedly very small play group in Columbus.  If you guys are interested, then just let me know and I'll be happy to share said alterations.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »

*Protoss in game voice*

Research complete.

I'm up for the coalition side, however if things get too unbalanced I'll be more than happy to go Team Toaster.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 06:16:42 PM »

My vote is a "no preference" for which side I'm on...but I'm still kinda twitchy about running YET MORE Blakists after having done so much with them at GenCon and as OPFOR.  However, GMs, assign me where needed to make forces balance out.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »

1.  Does anyone know if Stone's Liberators have a canon paint scheme?

http://www.camospecs.com/Miniature.asp?ID=5411 .  Please note that there will other things besides the mosquito, things like skulls and birds with the green halo.

Quote from: Death or Glory
2.  Also, how combined arms will things be?  Are we talking mostly battlemechs with a few lances of conventional vehicles and squads of battle armor thrown in for the combined arms flavor or are we going full combined arms here with conventional vehicles outnumbering mechs and conventional infantry outnumbering conventional vehicles? 

The condition will be more of the prior than the later.  There will be lots of mechs.

3.  Will aerospace fighters be allowed to use bombs?

Yes they will be, further rules pending.

4.  When playing OpFor, will we use units from our campaign forces or will we be assigned units? 

Some of each, with the majority being GM generated forces.

5.  Will a side's forces all be part of one large pool with units assigned to each player for just the scenario or will each player be in charge of their own separate force?

There will be a pool, a chaos style assignment will be used to pick units.

Quote from: death or Glory
6.  How are forces going to be generated?
this will be revealed after we split up sides.
I have a set of minor tweaks to the Chaos Campaign rules that pretty much all relate to slightly expanding on the support point costs of various activities, which have worked out decently for my admittedly very small play group in Columbus.  If you guys are interested, then just let me know and I'll be happy to share said alterations.

If you want to PM me, I will look them over.  I (we) reserve the right to change things, but we promise that anything we do change will be published on this forum unless the knowledge is restricted.

Edit: answer bomb question
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:52:50 PM by agustaaquila »

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I'll send that pm sometime in the next day or two.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I'll send that pm sometime in the next day or two.
And I just got around to finally sending off that pm :P.  Better late than never I guess.
Pages: [1] 2 3