CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Terra Rule thread  (Read 2617 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Terra Rule thread
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »

This thread is not for discussion, it is for the posting of rules.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:16:18 PM by agustaaquila »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Rule thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »

Rules for Geneva Campaign
In general, we will be using rules from TW, and selected rules from TO, and SO.
Special rules to follow.

Sides

There are two sides, WoB and Coalition.  Each side is asked to pick a force commander, whose duties are laid out below.  Each side will serve as the OpFor for the other side, with either forces created by a GM or selected by the players.

Force Commander

Each side will pick a force commander.  The force commander is responsible for the following:
1) Post a final list of forces selected for a scenario by the deadline
2) Maintain your force’s Warchest Points
3) Communicate with the GMs as to issues that arise during a campaign

Force Creation

This campaign will be using ‘Mechs, Vees, BA, VTOLs, ASF, and anything else you want to argue to have (you want a surface ship, go ahead.  I have no idea how useful it will be, but you can talk to us about having one).  WarShips and Mobile Structures are not allowed.

The force size is large, and they players will have a substantial influence in what is brought.  Each player may select 6 canon units, posted to your command forum.  The remainder of the forces will be selected by the GMs after player selections.

There are some limits on units.

The totals we are looking for is 36 mechs, 12 vees, 4 BA squads and 4 ASF fighters.

Each individual may select no more than 1 clan mech.  If someone on your force side does not choose a clan mech, you may request permission to select an additional clan mech.

Each side is limited to 4 ASF units.

Each side is limited to 4 squads of BA

Each side is limited to 4 dedicated artillery units (Sniper, Long Tom, etc)

LAMs exist, but ask us before putting more than 1 LAM in your selection.  These are limited to what is printed in 3085.

Pilot skills will be assigned by GM, but pilots will not necessarily be tied to an individual mech.

As a final note, all choices are subject to GM approval.  If you really want something, ask us.

As a true final note, please remember that while you may select units, they are all placed into a pool of units that are selected based on the scenario.  They are not your units.  Other people may drive the units you choose, they might never be used.  If you want to purchase and paint them, go ahead, but please remember that other people may be using them.  They also might never come out on the board.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:22:15 PM by agustaaquila »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »

Warchest Points

The campaign will be run under the chaos campaign rule set, which are attached to this post if you are unfamiliar with them.  All scenario will have a cost in WP, and rewards in WP as well.  There will be optional conditions (weather conditions from Tac Ops for example).

WP will also be used for repair and refitting  of mechs between missions.  If you do not have a copy of the chaos campaign system, you can download it for free from:

http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2162

If you do not wish to download it, PM me and I will get it to you.

We will be using the costs listed for repair and refit, with a couple of modifications.  The first modification is that you can change a c# or c3i network.  It costs the same as changing an onmimech.  The second modification is that one group of 5 bombs costs the same as advanced level ammo.

You will be able to buy new mechs as the campaign progresses, but it will be listed as a possible reward in the scenario writeup.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:43:54 PM by agustaaquila »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »

Semi-Guided

[Coalition supply ship shows up on screen,  a targeting reticule settles over it.]

LAUNCHING MISSILES.  TAG SYSTEM LOCKED ON.

[The screen shows many missiles striking the ship, a small explosion at first.  Then it appears that something internal explodes, and in less than a second nothing is left on the screen.]

TARGET DESTROYED.  SHIP CONTAINED SEMI-GUIDED MISSILES.  LAST OF SUPPLY OF SEMI-GUIDED USED TO DESTROY SHIP.

(So, neither side has access to semi-guided.  Cincinnati ran the IS out of them, and I will nuke any factory that produces them.  The cat doesn't like their existence.]

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »

Additional Rules

Salvage-
You may salvage your own forces after a battle unless the scenario disallows it.
You may not salvage enemy forces unless the scenario allows for this situation.
There is no WP cost for the salvage team to haul a mech away.

Destroyed mech
A mech that has been cored through any means is not able to be repaired. 
Mechs that have taken 3 engine hits, have been headcapped, had their cockpit destroyed, or destroyed through other means may be salvaged and repaired.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »

NOTICE OF RULE CHANGE 1/21/11

C3i Networks

C3i networks can be set before each scenario from any units that have c3i.  This rule superceeds  the previous rule where it cost WP to change units.  It is now to be handled on a scenario by scenario basis.  The same applies to c3 networks.

Rational
One less thing for me to keep track of.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »

Mechwarriors and mechs

MEchwarriors are assigned to the mech they are in.  If a pilot becomes disposssessed, you may assign them to another mech who had its pilot killed.  If there are no pilots available, you may move a 4/5 pilot from a mech of your choice to that pilotless mech.