CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Terra Rule discussion  (Read 4234 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Terra Rule discussion
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

This is where all discussion about the rules should go.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Rule discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

There are two sides, WoB and Coalition.  Each side is asked to pick a force commander, whose duties are laid out below.  Each side will serve as the OpFor for the other side, with either forces created by a GM or selected by the players.

Force Commander

Each side will pick a force commander.  The force commander is responsible for the following:
1) Post a final list of forces selected for a scenario by the deadline
2) Maintain your force’s Warchest Points
3) Communicate with the GMs as to issues that arise during a campaign

Force Creation

This campaign will be using ‘Mechs, Vees, BA, VTOLs, ASF, and anything else you want to argue to have (you want a surface ship, go ahead.  I have no idea how useful it will be, but you can talk to us about having one).  WarShips and Mobile Structures are not allowed.

The force size is large, and they players will have a substantial influence in what is brought.  Each player may select 6 canon units, posted to your command forum.  The remainder of the forces will be selected by the GMs after player selections.

There are some limits on units.

The totals we are looking for is 36 mechs, 12 vees, 4 BA squads and 4 ASF fighters.

Each individual may select no more than 1 clan mech.  If someone on your force side does not choose a clan mech, you may request permission to select an additional clan mech.

Each side is limited to 4 ASF units.

Each side is limited to 4 squads of BA

Each side is limited to 4 dedicated artillery units (Sniper, Long Tom, etc)

Are we allowed to designate a sub-commander if the Force COmmander is KO'ed due to RL concerns?

Under what allocation table can we choose our Clan 'Mech?  Is it open game (ie: We can get Blood Kites) or will it be determined by what the sides have faced in regards to Clan 'Mechs. (ie: the Marik force for  will have access to Jaguar machines due to their participating in Bulldog)

What defines Dedicated Artillery?  A Patriot can contribute to the line of battle without Arrow's being in play, and a C3/5 Catapult has a laser battery it can contribute as well

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »

Sub-commander would be fine, or even saying 'its week 2, Bob's in charge this week' is fine.  We all know RL comes first, just make sure someone knows to take care of stuff.

As for choosing units, we fairly well trust everyone who's playing to have a decent grasp on who has what.  If you want to have something funky, like a Blood Kite or somesuch, let us know.  Probably will handle it in the same way that it was taken care of in Living Rokugan.  You want it, provide a story to explain it.  Only thing I ask is that if you grab something out of 3085, it has been in production by 3078, or at least heavily prototyped.

Dedicated arty is, for the sake of sanity, anything that carries arty. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:41:43 PM by Riegien »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »

For Omnimechs are we restricted to canon configurations only or can we slap whatever weapons we want into them?

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »

Must be a canon config.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:48 PM »

Must be a canon config.

Do we have the options to change out pods between missions, scenario permitting?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »

Must be a canon config.

Do we have the options to change out pods between missions, scenario permitting?

Yes, but you must pay the WP cost.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »

Must be a canon config.

Yes, but you must pay the WP cost.

For my reference, where is this located?

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »

For my reference, where is this located?
The table you're looking for is located on page 137 of Dawn of the Jihad.  The Chaos Campaign system rules are located on pages 133-138 of Dawn of the Jihad.  If you don't have that book, then the rules are also available in .pdf format on BattleCorps.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

The force size is large, and they players will have a substantial influence in what is brought.  Each player may select 6 canon units, posted to your command forum.  The remainder of the forces will be selected by the GMs after player selections.

Alright, so if I understand this correctly, a WoB player is picking 6 units to add to the pool, but he's not necessarily picking a 6-unit Level II that works well together.  He might decide to grab a scout mech, a couple missile-boats, a tank, a shiny new spectral ASF, and squad of BA?  Once the player pools have been submitted, then the GM's will flesh out the forces with some additional units, create a master list, and then (finally) the commander of the player group would place these units into a functional TO&E?

Very cool, by the way, if I've got that right.  I like the idea of being able to just pick some varied units that I want to work on, and not worry about whether or not they work well together. 

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »

Yup, that's entirely the goal.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »

What will the conversion factor between Warchest Points and Support Points be for this campaign?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »

I need to know the tech levels of the units before I can calculate it out.

Maddog3025

• Private 1st Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »

Hey guys, my family responsibilities are the same so I can't really be counted on (as usual).  But could you use me occasionally for Opfor perhaps?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »

Yes, we can plug you in as you show up.  How can we play a game and not have the option for a person to wander in.
Pages: [1] 2