CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arrow IV Homing Missile Clarification  (Read 5605 times)

maddyfish

• Corporal
  • The sword and hammer
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow IV Homing Missile Clarification
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 08:46:56 AM »

So which ruling are we using? And does it make a difference to the Awesome/Crab?
Have Wasp, will travel.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 09:02:22 AM »

Well, I was not going to step in, because you all reached a solution that was agreeable to you all, even if not in accord with my reading of the rules.  We will let your agreement, that the pilots live, stand.

This means that the Coalition has a 4/5 mechwarrior, and the WoB have a 3/4 and a 4/5 mechwarrior to be put in other units later.

For the campaign, if anything CT Internal is destroyed, it is totaled and cosigned to the scrapheap.  It does not matter if it comes from a PPC, homing Arrow IV, or a country hick wielding a shotgun.  IF the CT is gone, so is the mech.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »

So which ruling are we using? And does it make a difference to the Awesome/Crab?

As always, we use the ruling the GMs make.  For a home game, their word is law.

I just wanted to point out that it's a different ruling than ones used in "official" games - like using culmulative PSRs or floating crits; they won't be found in play at Origins or GenCon, or during CGL-sponsored events.  It's a clarity thing, that's all.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

Okay, so for the purposes of scenario 1, the two pilots survived.  For the remainder of the campaign, are we going to use the the correct ruling or the ruling we used for scenario 1?

maddyfish

• Corporal
  • The sword and hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »

For the campaign, if anything CT Internal is destroyed, it is totaled and cosigned to the scrapheap.  It does not matter if it comes from a PPC, homing Arrow IV, or a country hick wielding a shotgun.  IF the CT is gone, so is the mech.

This makes sense to me.

As to pilot deaths, headcapped, crit to cockpit, death by ammo explosions=dead pilot

all else=live pilot and we won't be tracking ejected pilots

right?
Have Wasp, will travel.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »

This makes sense to me.

As to pilot deaths, headcapped, crit to cockpit, death by ammo explosions=dead pilot

all else=live pilot and we won't be tracking ejected pilots

right?

The Short Version:

Total Warfare specifically mentions that a pilot is automatically killed if the center torso is destroyed via ammunition explosion or if the center torso is destroyed by an area effect weapon, thus the confusion over whether or not Arrow IVs kill pilots.  The fact that you can't repair a mech that has suffered center torso destruction from any source has never been called into question.  The final GM post was ambiguous (at least for me) as to whether the two pilots surviving was a one time thing or if it will be applied for the remainder of the campaign.

The Long Version:

I'm running late for work, I'll type this up later.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »

It will remain for the remainder of the campaign.  Pilots must make their ejection rolls (I made them for surviving pilots), and then they survive.  You all have good enough doctors, and things are far enough apart, that pilot hits will heal completely. 

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 01:38:11 AM »

It will remain for the remainder of the campaign.  Pilots must make their ejection rolls (I made them for surviving pilots), and then they survive.  You all have good enough doctors, and things are far enough apart, that pilot hits will heal completely. 

Got it, sorry for being such a headache with all of the rules questions.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »

You all have good enough doctors, and things are far enough apart, that pilot hits will heal completely. 

John.  You know what to do.

Zoidberg shirt.

Death or Glory

• Showers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 02:53:30 AM »

You all have good enough doctors, and things are far enough apart, that pilot hits will heal completely. 

John.  You know what to do.

Zoidberg shirt.

I've performed a few mercy killings.
Pages: 1 [2]