CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Iron Painter 2013 Summer  (Read 2732 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Iron Painter 2013 Summer
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »

So, anyone painting up anything for this one? I've got one mini for the Open division that's finally starting to look good to me. I haven't started anything for the graded yet. I'm not a huge fan of 'custom' mechs, so I think I'll opt out of the 3rd division.

The one mini I'm working hardest on, represents the most customizing I've ever done to a mini. Started out as a 4 piece mini, and when I was done cutting it was in 13 pieces. I was extremely happy with the way assembly came out. It wasn't exactly the pose I was going for, but it's close and it's dynamic.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Painter 2013 Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »

I've been working on a lot for GenCon.  I am hoping to finish one or two to IP quality.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »

How are yours going, Bryan?  I'm very happy.  I am entering all 3 categories.  All I have to do is dull coat, gloss the cockpits and lasers, finish one base and photograph.  ;D ;D
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »

Awesome Steve!

My Open entry is where I put all my work this time around. I'm not sure whether it will look good in pics, but I look forward to seeing it on the table. I've started a graded entry, but it's not complete and I'm not sure I'll enter it. I like the paneling, but the finishing touches are defeating me. I may start something else.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

entries sent

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »

Mine are done. He said we've got a 24 hour grace period, so I'm going to bed and sizing the pics tomorrow morning. I look forward to seeing your entries.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »

Bryan, I should have mentioned earlier.  I absolutely LOVED you open division entry.  It is a MASTERWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!  (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b (^_^)b

I can't wait to see it posted for the contest.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

Ah, wow, thanks man. Much appreciated.

I think it was your graded entry that I especially liked, really nice details and fading.

I wish Worktroll would get the threads up, I'm dying to see the entries.