CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 4330 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:30 PM »

Just a couple for now, no doubt with many more to follow.  ;D

Team weapons:
-Since they only require 2 men to operate at full effectiveness, the option to add additional crew is essentially buying "armor" for the unit, correct? With more than 2 men, they can take casualties and still operate at full efficiency.

-If "exceptional damage" takes out the operator of a non-artillery team weapon, the weapon itself is considered destroyed and the entire team is removed?

-Since individual men can be hit, and the weapon/operator remain, these should be based in such a way that support crew can be removed? For instance, I've already glued down the Bazooka and support man onto a single lozenge base, but now I'm thinking I should remove them and either re-base onto a single base using magnets OR base them separately.

Light Machine Guns: These are "team" weapons allocated to infantry squads, and are part of the squad "unit".
-As such, in the case of a "exceptional damage", can the opponent choose to discard the LMG model/operator?

-In such a case, is this weapon also considered destroyed or can another member of the unit act as the new gunner?

-If the LMG is destroyed (assuming it can be), then the loader just rejoins the squad as a regular trooper?

**Was just watching the Beasts of War BA2 demo game, and this scenario happened with the LMG guy taking exceptional damage and being removed. The "loader" was just fine, so I think my questions regarding LMG's have been answered.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »

As far as the last question for the weapons teams goes, it seems to be however you want to do it.  I've modeled my pak40 with some round slots that fit the infantry bases in what will eventually be the terrain, sort of like a diorama piece.  Each crewman will be based and his own mini, and just slot into the 'hole' in the terrain.  You could just as easily just keep a d10 nearby or something to indicate damage taken if you want to keep everything together.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »

What he said for gun crews. Either way is good. If the lmg gunner is hit( exceptional damage) he and the weapon is removed. The asst. gunner becomes a rifleman.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »

Have question, when the Bolt Action day would take place, I would like to invite a couple of guys from the other group that I game with. Not saying they would attend but if so it would give a couple more players. Tom has various German armies and Russians. Henry has Chinese, US Marines, Japanese.
Let me know if anyone has an issue with this.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »

I would love to meet others, as long as all have an understanding of going for historical rather than competitive play.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 07:00:41 AM »

Have question, when the Bolt Action day would take place, I would like to invite a couple of guys from the other group that I game with. Not saying they would attend but if so it would give a couple more players. Tom has various German armies and Russians. Henry has Chinese, US Marines, Japanese.
Let me know if anyone has an issue with this.

No issue whatsoever.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 07:04:45 AM »

They would be there just to have a good game, they are not meta-gamers.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 11:31:40 PM »

Do we have a feel for when we may want to have a historicals day?  Trying to plot out my availability for the month and to figure out a painting schedule.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »

Rules question.  Not sure if I missed it anywhere.  The list building tends to say 1 transport may be taken per unit.  Are there any clarifications that say that if your squad does not fit into 1 transport, like a full 10 man squad in a Jeep or kubelwagen, that you may purchase more than one transport per unit?  Or would it be 'takes 3 squads, buy 1 Jeep per squad, load as many guys as needed into those 3 forming a transport unit but all the other squads are walking'?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 07:47:01 PM »

I thought most transport units were either halftracks or trucks.  Let me go and research.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »

Check page 115 for transports. One squad per vehicle. This is in V2 rules.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:27 PM »

"Transport vehicles can carry infantry units up to a specified maximum number of men. A single vehicle can
transport any number of entire units so long as the total number of models aboard does not exceed the
vehicle’s carrying capacity. A unit cannot be divided between two or more transports"

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »

Ah ok.  So the multiple transport unit at 255 in the appendix are scenario type rules then.  Had missed the earlier statement.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »

Ah ok.  So the multiple transport unit at 255 in the appendix are scenario type rules then.  Had missed the earlier statement.

Yeah, I had to read that a couple times over myself.  Essentially it means that for some transport types, you are forced to field a smaller squad or use a different transport.  My Commando, for example, are fielded only in a 5-man group so that they can fit in a Bren Gun Carrier, even though I'd prefer to field a more accurate 8-man unit (which would require 2 universal carriers).

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »

Darn. My dreams of swarming across the Tunisian desert in a cloud of VW's is dashed... for now.  Thanks all!
Pages: [1] 2 3