CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 4329 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:54 AM »

Bonus points if the VWs can overrun enemy troops death race style!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 01:12:15 PM »

Did we play the whole day using 4+ as our starting to-hit number? I was looking at the rulebook and it shows 3+ as basic to-hit. Don't know why we did that.

Based on that mistake alone, I'd have to reevaluate some of the more disappointing units of the day, such as my Bazooka and Sniper teams, as well as Rob's PDR. My Bazooka firing point-blank at the PDR, with no movement, would've been hitting on a 2+ I think, since rolling a 1 is a miss no matter what.

Pretty sure we also forgot to adjust to-hit difficulty by how many pins were currently on the shooter, but maybe every shooter who passed their order test got rid of their single pin so it didn't matter, I don't remember.

Also forgot to go "Down" with my infantry units that were taking fire. That would've made my sacrificial Vet squad last even longer than it did I think, had I remembered to do this. Or it would've forced Rob's infantry to Assault to end them, which would've been easy considering how many troops were in the area. Those Vets are SO expensive, but the durability difference is pretty noticeable.

Rob, do you get to take the PM-MMG on the Bren when taking it as a transport unit? I saw something on EasyArmy that made me think otherwise, but I honestly haven't looked it up.

And of course, there was the initial mortar placement by both teams, which was less than ideal, lol.

I'm trying to figure out if bringing a more experienced officer is a good thing or a waste of points. My officer didn't do much and then got obliterated (Bren maybe?). Rob's officer was pretty effective at helping those Inf squads pass their order tests, as well as the tank at the end.

Anything else we did wrong?  :D 

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »

If firing, you pass the order roll, remove one pin and figure out to-hit number. Minus 1 per pin.
I believe as transport when the troops dismount, the pintle mg is not available. US half-tracks with 3 mg's transporting has some fire power.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 10:06:20 PM »

Transports can now use any 1 gun after debussing their troops, either the driver switching seats or an assistant is manning the gun.  Page 130.

The Bren carrier gets 1 LMG naturally.  It can remove all its transport capacity to also haul a Vickers MMG around, but its still in a transport slot (so can only shoot 1 gun, flees in terror when approached by Forward observers or medics).

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:52 PM »

Transports can now use any 1 gun after debussing their troops, either the driver switching seats or an assistant is manning the gun.  Page 130.

The Bren carrier gets 1 LMG naturally.  It can remove all its transport capacity to also haul a Vickers MMG around, but its still in a transport slot (so can only shoot 1 gun, flees in terror when approached by Forward observers or medics).

For reference, the Easy Army printout we were using as a reference still listed the Bren carrier as having a forward Bren Gun and a pintile-mount Bren gun available for use as a transport.  Making it a Vickers MMG carrier invalidated the transport option and replaced the pintle mount.  Whether this means that Easy Army cannot be trusted as a source b/c it's not updated for 2e, I'm unaware.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »

Last I read the weapons had been update to 2e but not all the vee stuff.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 11:16:48 PM »

Yea, it also may be an option in one of the non core books for the UK.  Easy Army has all the books included and I only have core for UK.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 07:21:39 AM »

If you use the U/C as a MMG carrier, the only weapon is the MMG. Makes a MMG mobile, not a fixed weapon. It is listed in the Brit book in self propelled arty. section.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

Brandon, looked up some of the things that came up in our game.  I needed to declare at set up if the mmg team was aboard the half track.  Also the orders dice start the game in the bag, they are never kept out.  Also never checked to make sure your airborne were closer than my guys to the half-track.

Were there any other things we weren't sure of?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »

not that I can think of not sure what you mean about the half track I have forgotten already
Die Clanner!!!!

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 03:39:31 PM »

I believe he is stating that a vehicle that can transport, needs to be designated at the beginning of the game.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »

There were 2 misplays by me.  I kept the mmg team and transport in reserve, but didn't say 'the mmg this riding in the transport' or not.  That needs to be said at the beginning.  Also I brought the transport in to attack your guys, but never checked to see if you were closer to it that. My own troops.  A transport that is closer to the enemy than your own troops dies/flees/is removed.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »

If it is still transporting troops, I don't believe that is so. Only after the troops disembark does the transport need to stay farther away from enemy troops than friendly.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

Can a to-hit go below 3? American troops (run-n-gun) move to within 6" of enemy in no cover. Base to-hit=3, -1 for point-blank. To me, it looks like the to-hit should be 2 (1's are always a miss), however, something I read online led me to believe that it's commonly believed that a 3 to-hit is the lowest possible.

Comments?

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »

No, I believe that it can go to 2-to hit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3