CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Escalation league  (Read 1026 times)

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Escalation league
« on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »

For anyone interested, Tom has posted in "Bolt Action in your area" section the escalation league information. Wants to start in January.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Escalation league
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:47:05 PM »

I'm a little confused by some of the rules:

Why no observers at lower points levels? For the cost, are they really unbalanced? And if they're unbalanced, then why allow the free British observer?

"Best new painted unit for the month" - How does this work exactly? Stuff I paint now is ineligible?

----------------------------------------------
o   1 point for a freshly painted unit for that round is fielded. - Same thing.... stuff I'm painting now is ineligible?

----------------------------------------------
Month 1 - XXXXX 2016 - 250pts Army
Must contain mandatory units - 1 x Lieutenant and 2 x Inf. Squads
May contain HQ units other than Artillery and Air Observers (so extra Captain, Major or Medic - Absolutely No Observers)
Free units such as Russian inexperienced rifle squad and British artillery observer are not affected by these limits

So, based on this description and the one for Month 2, it looks like this platoon can consist of only infantry squads, Lt, and possibly HQ units (with the exception of observers). No infantry support stuff like mortars/MMGs/snipers/etc.

However, is it limited to exactly 2 infantry squads?

---------------------------------------------

Just asking in case you knew.  ;D

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »

I will venture a guess on some of your questions. As the escalation league is for learning, he is probably trying to limit to mostly infantry only early on. Then add in things S it moves along. Not sure how the painting thing is going to work out.
I plan on maybe doing British Paras, have a section to paint and some of figs to purchase. PM Tom over on Warlords forums. Was going to call him tonight, will ask.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:21:23 AM »

Just for information, the league will be starting Mon. evening. If you want to stop by and get in a game or enter into the league, email or PM Tom to let him know. Remember these games don't need to be played on that particular day. The two that are paired up can play them anytime during the month.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »

I will be there on the 21st to play some games. For the escalation league I will be using 250 pts. Anyone that wants to play, come on over and we can get a game in.