CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: April Bolt Action  (Read 2321 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
April Bolt Action
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

Is anyone up for a day of group get-together and gaming this month?  April 8th and April 29th look to be free, so anyone willing to make a day of it?

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: April Bolt Action
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »

I think I can swing either day.  What size games have you all been playing?

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »

I think I can do the 8th, but I wouldn't show up until probably after 1:00.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »

Either works for me, although I may be later on the 8th.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »

I'll be down this weekend and I'll pack my BA and Saga if folks want to do things Saturday.  Does GTM work as a place?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:12:08 PM by Riegien »

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »

Check with Karl. They have probably six tables. Several are set up for BA. If he knows in advance, he can make sure one is set-up. I am gaming Monday evening in our escalation league, so won't be able to make it this weekend.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 01:21:30 AM »

I'll be down this weekend and I'll pack my BA and Saga if folks want to do things Saturday.  Does GTM work as a place?

I've been wanting to actually go to that store for a while, and if they've got plenty of play space, then sure.

I'll be there at 11, and I'm unsure if I'll have to leave at 4 or can stay later.  I may or may not have a hockey game at 5:15, depending on the results of the game the previous evening.  I'll have a 500, 750, and 1000-pt Desert Rats list with me plus my Angry-Saxons (my Germans aren't playable yet; the Honomags JUST got here last week when I ordered them in January).  I haven't touched the rules since we were messing around last year, though, so I'm likely to be slow; Mondays cannot and will not ever work for me (Maria works late that night) so I missed out on the Escalation League.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:33:06 AM »

I will be over as soon as my meeting ends.  Should be around noon, but with this being our opening meeting planning pride it could be longer.  Also need to figure out how to transport my fins

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »

As a heads up, I pinged Karl at GTM and they are having a Dust tournament Saturday.  He's going to get back to me today on if they have space and terrain available.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 09:38:30 PM »

They will have one table available for BA, and we will need to bring some 28mm terrain as theirs is all going to be busy on the tournament tables.  We can meet there (I've got a few things im planning to buy there) or figure out if we want to go to Tony's or Dan's house.  I'll also be down the weekend of the 29th if things aren't working for tomorrow.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:44:11 PM by Riegien »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 11:55:42 PM »

I think I'd prefer to go to the store, mostly because I haven't been there before.  If this changes, somebody please text me at 859-630-0228 ASAP.  I'm leaving my house at 9am to drop Maria and Eli off at the Grandparents for the day.

I will 100% be there tomorrow right at 10am.  I'll have SAGA (6 points of Anglo-Saxons) and BA with me, along with some terrain; mostly walls, paper SAGA buildings, and some hills.  Having some forest templates would be nice.  BA lists with me are:

1000 - Generic German (PanzerGren)
500 - British Tunisia
500 - British Op. Lightfoot
750 - British Op. Lightfoot
1000 - British Op. Lightfoot
1250 - British Op. Lightfoot

I have to be walking out of the store NO LATER than 4:15pm.  We managed to get to the championship round for ice hockey (somehow) by beating the team that beat us twice this year (by 10-1 and 10-3 scores), and my game is at 5:15.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 12:45:12 AM »

I will see you there.  I'm leaving from cbus so I may hit the store a bit later but am aiming for 11.  Incidentally they don't open till then so you may not want to show up at 10.

I'll have a box full of medival saga guys and all my battlebox if people want to try different things, and lists made up for 6 pts of Normans and crusaders.  I'll have my Germans with me for BA.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 07:17:38 AM »

How did the games go? Thoughts on the store, if you gamed at GTM?

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »

I got there close to 3:00, and found Rob and Mike in a game of Saga. Travis was there too. Karl had set aside a table for us, since there was a big DUST tourney going on. Rob had to leave after Saga, so Mike and I teamed up against Travis in a 1k BA game (Finns & Americans vs Germans).

Of course, the bad thing about 500 point armies is that they don't generally include any armor, and Travis brought a Tiger.  ;D We made a quick change to include a panzerschreck team in Mike's platoon, and then rolled Scenario 2, which is just a straight-up fight.

It was a good match. Felt like we were losing at first, and then we were close to winning. In the last turn, Travis drops a nasty HE shell on that panzerschreck team which brought him within a victory point of Mike and I, and the game concluded in a draw. Was a lot of fun.

Riegien

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

Planning to be down in Cincy this weekend.  Anyone free for saga or BA?
Pages: [1] 2