CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fencing  (Read 5021 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Fencing
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »

My list of gear

silver necklace
wicker man (need ID)
circlet with moving symbol (need ID)
red ring of orcharium (sp)
3 gold watches
electronic key to mercury comet (need to retrieve car)
6 microdrones (need ID)
gold and emerald ring
cyberware (cankbomb)
platinum ring
5 silver credstick

Brett, can you confirm.

Also, lets start listing potential contacts to fence this gear.  Rob, to be clear we are not yet contacting anyone, just building a database.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Fencing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »

You WILL be able to ascertain the amounts on the certified credsticks once you have a chance to slot them through commlinks.  I'll get the info out ASAP after work tomorrow (5pm).

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »

If anyone wants anything for personal use, speak up by Monday.  Outside of that, we will be IDing and fencing stuff this week.  Please also post as to the amount of time we should spend in downtime.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »

Alright, I am going to be taking the wicker man and the circlet to Chinook Hunter to have him ID them, and to sell them if they are not immediately useful. 

Brent, can you take the drones to your ID broker for ID, as this strikes me as the best person to sell the drones to unless you want them.

As for the cranial bomb, we should sell it to one of the street docs, as they will know people who would want such a horrid thing.  If anyone has a problem selling this, let me know.

For the comet, mouse, bad luck, fuzz and 8-bit should go to pick it up.  8-bit should use the GPS locator to ascertain its location and have the team go there.  8-bit and bad luck should break in, while mouse and fuzz should check for UB watchers.  Once in the car, 8-Bit should disable grid guide and bring it back to the warehouse for storage.  We should do this in the next couple of days, in case the UB figures out we have the key and knows where the car is located.

So, which street doc, and do you have anything else to ID before sale.  Does anyone want to suggest one of their contacts for fencing one of the items.

Juniantara

• What do you mean my PC died again?
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:44 PM »

This list looks correct to me. I have no contacts that would be useful in this situation.
I am not opposed to two months downtime once all items are fenced.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »

My Antiquities and Oddities dealer deals in ancient electronics from an electronics repair shop, he might be a better choice for IDing the drones.  I'd suggest going through him.

During downtime I'm continuing my searching for a Rating 6 Response chip for my primary commlink and starting to up-code and or source my rating 5 programs to rating 6.  If anyone has a good source for said gear I'm all for it.

I'm willing to grab the Comet ASAP, it should be trivial to disable grid guide.  GPS location can be done via the matrix most likely.

If we will be laying low for a couple of months we will need to get a secure Matrix connection to the safehouse.  I need it to do my thing.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »

OK, so I'm assuming ya'll are on downtime for at least 8 weeks unless I hear different by 4pm Tuesday (1 Feb).  At such time, I'l also resolve Mike's post above about taking stuff to Chinook Hunter (etc) unless somebody says differently.

GETTING THINGS FENCED
Silver necklace - will need appraisal by jeweler or fence/fixer

wicker man (need ID) - needs IDing by someone with assenseing

circlet with moving symbol (need ID) - needs IDing by someone with assenseing

red ring of orcharium (sp) - needs appraisal by fence/fixer or an itemcrafting mage

3 gold watches - needs appraisal by jeweler, fence/fixer, or similar

electronic key to mercury comet (need to retrieve car)

6 microdrones (need ID) - Easy to ID: the ID is on a plate on the underside.  They are MCT Fly-spy microdrones (stock as per SR 25AE).  Retail price on them is about $2,000, and they're easy to get ahold of; demand for them probably won't be especially high unless it's to the right guy at the right time.

gold and emerald ring - will need appraisal by jeweler or fence/fixer

cyberware (cranial  microbomb) - 2 successes on 8-bit's Cybertechnology Knowledge Skill: It's a microbomb, designed to kill the bearer.  You should expect somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000-1,300 for it, possibly toward the lower end due to lack of demand.  Selling it via legal channels is, of course, out of the question.

platinum ring - will need appraisal by jeweler or fence/fixer

5 silver credsticks - They have the following values:
1) 11,000
2) 14,000
3) 36,000
4) 20,000
5) 20,000

To find somebody to sell it to or appraise it, you need to take an item to a contact.  Tell me what's going where, and I'll roll it out.  If you don't have a contact for a given item, then you'll have to spend some time making social rolls to track somebody down.  Your face will be unable to do ALL of these rolls (generally speaking, the person who's contact it is makes the rolls), but the face CAN spend time tracking somebody down to do appraisals or sales.  This will also be ad-hoc'd to take longer than normal because you're trying to be stealthy about this - lying low and all that.  The interval for tests is 24 hours, instead of 6 (SR, pg 312) due to these circumstances.

Otherwise, I'm assuming you're spending your time planning out your warehouse/safehouse, tracking down people to do the work, and having it actually done.  This is going to take the VAST majority of your time (seriously, how many contractors who don't talk and deal in high-tech stuff are going to be willing to work next to a ghoul hangout, in the crappy part of town, or both?).

8-BIT TRACKING DOWN COMPUTER PARTS
-Response 6 Chip (Availability 16, 2 day interval).  It took you 24 days (12 rolls) to track one down, but you finally manage to track a rumor of one to its source.  A young guy, a script kiddy who probably used a trust fund to build himself a decent 'link, is getting out of the game, and he's got a good-sized pile of parts he's looking to unload to pay off some debts.  He's asking 12k for the chip.  You notice (Judge Intent, 4 successes) that's he's pretty nervous about this, and shrewdly guess that there's some heat on him.  Armed with that, you manage to batter him down to $9,000 (Negotiation@+2dice, 3 successes vs no successes), but he'll go no further.  Yes or No?

With the time it took to track this thing down, you're going to need to devote almost all of the remainder of your time helping set up the safehouse's Matrix Security system and layout.  Attempts to track down further programs or equipment will be more difficult.

GETTING THE CAR
Getting to the garage isn't a problem.  None of you notice anything out of the ordinary.  8-bit, I need your character sheet updated on Obsidian Portal with your equipment and current program ratings to finish this.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »

Alright, I can use Sparrow for all this jewelry or to find some jeweler willing to take stuff under the table.  However, i will owe her a huge favor.  So if you have a problem doing a data steal against the main FBI servers for example, we might want to look elsewhere.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »

I'll pay the 9,000 for that chip, it's not far above market.

I'll updated obsidian tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »

Matrix SoP and program ratings are on Obsidian Portal now.

I'm paying up for my low lifestyle for the duration and returning my B&E gear to its storage at that lifestyle.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:47:41 PM »

GETTING THE CAR
As mentioned, nobody notices anything expressly out of the ordinary (Fuzz, perception/hearing: 6 successes.  Fuzz, perception/visual: 5 successes).  The car (neon green) requires both the key and a biometric scan to access.  8-bit immediately proposes hacking the car's node and changing the database to match your voiceprints. 

The car has an encrypted note (rating 3).  8-Bit takes cover near the car and jacks in directly to the diagnostic access port near the gas tank cover that Fuzz points out.  It takes about 30 seconds, but the encryption falls (Electronic Warfare+Decrypt, 6th success on Combat Turn 5).  Once the node is decrypted, he then attempts to hack himself an admin account (which is required to change the access ID information).  He requires 9 successes (rating 3 firewall+admin account modifier).  It requires 18 seconds (3 Combat Turns) to pull off, and it's a near thing.  With his Rating 5 Stealth program, the car notices him on the second Combat Turn and begins a System Reboot.  However, 8-bit beats it to the punch (the car had 5 successes of the 10 required on Combat Turn 3) and with his Admin privileges, cancels the system reboot on Combat Turn 4.  He then goes about making each of you a totally legitimate access ID for the car, based off of your voiceprints, which takes about a minute each.

Fuzz and Bad Luck both know that your team doesn't have the tools needed to install a phony GridGuide chip, and your best bets are to put the vehicle into Hidden Mode so it's not broadcasting an ID, until you can get the car to somebody who can fix it up right with a fake chip, new Access ID, and papers to match.  The lot of you pile into the vehicle and drive carefully - obeying all traffic laws - back to a safe point.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »

I don't think any of my contacts would be particularly useful in this. 

I would not be particularly thrilled with selling the cranial bomb for future use, and would rather keep it for some sort of remote mine type application.  If I'm the only one feeling this way, I'll go along with selling it.  I would think that keeping one or two of the drones would probably be a good idea, flying sensors sound useful. 

One option for fencing the drones would be to track down the hacker who helped us at the bar when we were looking for Bombra, and seeing if he has any rigger buddies who want them.  I vaguely recall we wanted to build up a working relationship with him and this may be a good excuse to.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »

I'm of the opinion that we keep all six drones.  Those are very good surveillance drones, I can in fact think of several situations during our business relationship where they would have been handy.  If only for scouting that UB chapterhouse, think about running those buggers through the HVAC.  We could have known ahead of time what rooms to hit and had general locations for guards.  Bonus in that their on-board programs are smart enough to not need babysitting, much.

It's like having one of them BattleNet systems S-K was running last Desert War, but not quite as awesome.

#8-Bit

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »

OK, guys, I'm gonna be gone from about this time tomorrow until Monday afternoon.  So to get this done, this is, I believe what you guys are coming up with:

GETTING THINGS FENCED
Silver necklace, gold and emerald ring, platinum ring - Sparrow ID this as a necklace of a type commonly sold by Zale's (a high-end jewelry chain).  She figures it goes for about 5 grand retail (Knowledge, Fashion, 2 successes).  The Gold and Emerald ring she doesn't recognize (0 successes) but she estimates it as having a worth of about 9 grand dues to the size of the emerald.  The platinum ring is a make made by a private Tir jeweler that she recognizes as having belonged to a Tir ambassador's aide (they met at a social function six months ago) who has since disappeared.  The aide's female partner has been quite insistent about getting it back, and Sparrow owes her a favor.  The ring's worth about $15,000, but it's "hot", since the woman has been circulating pics trying to get it back.  Since you're bringing her a fair amount of jewelry, she'll give you $7,500 cash in hand (certified credstick) and no favor needed (since she's able to offeset a favor in getting the ring back) for the lot.  Do you accept the offer, reject it, or push for additional compensation?

Wicker man, Circlet with moving symbol[/b] - You take these to Chinook Hunter over near the Sound.  He's had a bad week - you walk in while he's cleaning up the shards of plate glass window shattered by a thrown brick from a go-gang.  There haven't been any sales this week worth mentioning for him and his rent is coming due.  He's willing to ID them, but he's telling you that if he does, he'll expect an offer to buy them off of you for a reduced price.  What say you?

red ring of orichalcum - A few moments on the Matrix gives you a gross value of this item.  It's a ring of solid Orichalcum that weighs about a dozen grams.  That puts its approximate retail value at about $40-50,000.  Calling around, most of your fixers aren't going to have the sort of cash to buy it ready supply - most offers are for around $10-15,000 (20-30%).  "Super Mario" James, the antiquities and oddities dealer 8-bit knows, offers you $12,000 plus a favor for it, while Bad Luck's buddy, 9-toes offers $15,000 minus $2,000; he's got a person who's interested in that sort of item and is willing to pay 15 grand, but 9 Toes has a 2 grand "finder's fee".  Do you take one of the offers, push for additional compensation, or say "screw it" and keep the ring?

3 gold watches - Mouse recognizes one of these watches is a good-condition Rolex T2034, the same kind that Sensei Ugachi used to wear before it broke.  The others are high-end Rolexes with an approximate worth of $1500-2000 each.  You could perhaps get $250 each on the street for them; analog timepieces aren't in especially high demand among anyone but execs.

cyberware (cranial  microbomb) - Patchwerk is willing to offer $1,200 for this item.  He's quite close-mouthed about why he wants it.

You guys are holding on to the microdrones and the car, at a minimum.  John St. Ives can hook you up with everything needed to make the car anonymous for $3,000 (down from $3,500 - the normal fee).  EDIT CLARIFICATION: Turn the car over to St. Ives, and it'll be "clean" in 48 hours, along with a few spare Access IDs and matching paperwork.  It's a service an associate of his offers.

Is there anything else?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:12:20 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »

Well, Sparrow, I know you have to make your cut on everything, but I think that if I throw in these three watches you can up the total compensation to $9,000.  (Negotiation 3 successes)

Well, Chinook Hunter, you should know that we might want the items, and so I will offer you $500 as a fee to ID the things, then we can discuss selling them (Negotiation 4 successes)

My suggestion is we take the money for the cranial bomb, sell the orichalcum to this "jumpman" guy, and that should be all our stuff.
Pages: [1] 2