CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: What we are doing with our downtime  (Read 1900 times)

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
What we are doing with our downtime
« on: February 08, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »

Fuzz helps to make the warehouse a bit more livable, helping 8bit with stringing wires, setting up the few appliances, and setting the clock on the trid recorder. 
While not doing that, he assembles what remains of Bombra's case notes, and attempts to fashion them into some mediocre short stories to put up onto the matrix, changing names to protect the innocent (and us) and trying to make them more exciting than sitting and watching someone in a car.  When asked about them, he responds that "We all remember people in our own way.  I liked these trashy pulp things as a kid, and he definitely seemed the sort who would appreciate something like this."
Fuzz also becomes fairly enamored with the flying drones, grabbing a couple of books off the matrix about their care and feeding.  He practices flying the things around in the warehouse and eventualy buzzing them around outside.

<ooc>  One of the plans for this character was to expand his perceptive monkeyness, with sensors and drones and such.  I'm still a bit shaky on some matrix things, but best way to learn the stuff is to get into it. Intended purchases with karma when I get back to my character sheet and find the costs:  pilot: aircraft 1, pilot ground vee 1, hardware 1, knowledge Drones 1.  That should leave me enough to buy whatever im missing to properly run the suckers. </ooc>

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: What we are doing with our downtime
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »

See my post over in the magic group thread.

Juniantara

• What do you mean my PC died again?
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

Apologies for the short post - RP will follow.

<ooc> I will be initiating at level one, taking multi-tasking, and two additional levels of cloak (taking me to four). I will be taking level one of Arcana (knowledge skill) and raising my perception to level 2. I will also be working with Flick on our magic group and helping set up the facility</ooc>

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »

During downtime 8-Bit mostly focuses on updating the painfully out of date Matrix setup at our safehouse to be closer to SOTA.  He spends his spare time working on sourcing a Renraku Systems R6 Core 6 Quattro chip to update his primary commlink.  While waiting on callbacks from his contacts and while supervising the contractors he spends a large amount of time reading through a series of articles from the 2700 Club, his primary focus being on "Anonymous: A Study in Social Engineering and the Matrix Hive Mind." (Hacking to 6, 12 karma)

During shared downtime he spent some time with Flick and Mouse to learn how to move silently (Infiltration 2, 4 karma).  He also spends some time tweaking his auto-doc and studying trauma medicine how-tos on instructables.mx.  (First Aid 2, 4 karma).

8-bit is also starting to design a proper Matrix security setup for the safehouse, results to follow in later downtime.