CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Things to consider for the upcomming run  (Read 3161 times)

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Things to consider for the upcomming run
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »

Ok, a few slight changes to let some people get more cooler stuff:

1) If using mil grade armor, encumbrance starts at body x3 optional rue in arsenal. 

2) Everything in arsenal and war is available, except anything that is fired with exotic ranged weapon (laser skill).  I might say no to specific pieces of gear: For instance, if you want to haul a mortar in I would ask you your objective.

Oh, your objective is to enter the building and recover Euphoria.  Not blow the building up, not kill everything inside, etc.  So post your loadouts here.  IF you want me to stat something over, let me know the book and page # and I will see what I can do.  All questions about gear etc will be handled here.

Good luck chummers

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Things to consider for the upcomming run
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »

Suggested loadouts:

EVERYONE carries:
-Urban Camo load-bearing gear with drop-leg holster for a sidearm
-Rating 6 medkit
-x1 R6 Antidote Patch
-x1 KM-18 Zweihander Directional Mine (Wireless Detonation) (War p. 159; 14P(f); AP+5; Blast -1/meter; 60 degree directional arc)
-x2 Flashbang Grenades
-x2 Thermal Smoke Grenades
-x2 Monofilament Grenade (War p 157; 8P, resist w/Impact, AP-4; blast -3/meter) OR x2 HE Grenade (if monofil is unavailable)
-x1 Endoscope (or a fiber-optic "snake" camera hooked into our image links; I can't find this in SR, but they exist now, so...)
-Ballistic Mask (+2B/+1 I) with built-in R6 respirator
-Helmet (+2B/+2I) with the following sensors built-in: Image Link, Ultrasound Sensor; Spatial Recognizer
-Ballistic goggles with built-in features: Image Link, Thermographic, Low-light, Vision Enhancement 3
-External-mount Mark 74 Smartlinks for each person's primary weapon and sidearm (WAR p 162)
-TranSys Avalon Commlink with Iris Orb OS (Res4/Sig4/FW3/Sys3).  This Commlink is dedicated to running the TacNet.  Installed Programs include: Rating 2 TacNet, Rating 3 Browse (TacNet Info is found in Unwired, 124-127).  Brent will encrypt the shit out of this pre-run.

ONYX is going to requisition the following additional items:
-SoftWeave Urban Camoflague Suit with the following add-ons: Chemical Protection R6; Fire, Cold, & Electrical Resist R4 each (unless we're using Armor Modification Slots from Arsenal.  Which we haven't been, but it's cool if we start.  Mike, please advise).
-Colt M23 Assault Rifle with the following options: Sling, Gas-Vent III; Shock Pad; Barrel Reduction (6P, AP -1, SA/BF/FA, 40(c), -1 Conceal, -5 recoil comp)
=M23 ammo loadout: 3 Mags AP Flechette (+2 DV, use Impact armor), 2 Mags EX-EX (+1 DV, -1 AP, explodes on Crit Glitch), 2 mags Gel
=FN 5-7C ammo loadout: 2 Mags AP Flechette, 1 Mag EX-EX, 1 mag Gel
-x2 R6 Stimulant Patch
-R6 Fake ID with 1 month of DocWagon Platinum remaining
-The largest Banishing and/or Counterspelling focus they can come up with on short notice (bonding foci is now measured in hours, not days (SR4A p 199) )

The only things I'm including from my normal gear are:
-2nd Skin Armor
-FN 5-7C & accessories
-Magical Foci
-Backup commlink

Suggestions or commentary?

For those who are unaware, as long as everyone in the party is linked into the TacNet AND feeding it at least 4 different forms of sensor data (I have 6 to provide some level of redundancy - Ultrasound Sensor; Spatial Recognizer, Thermographic, Low-light, Vision Enhancement, and Smartlink), everyone will get a +2 dice bonus on a BUNCH of relevant combat stuff.  Upgrading to a R3 or higher TacNet won't do us any good, as our group is too small too benefit from it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:37:11 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »

Have we considered DSMO rounds with insecticide as our load out?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »

That's a joke, right?  I didn't think actual insecticide actually affected bug spirits.

Hell, PM Mike and throw a google search at the idea.  If they're vulnerable to it, somebody on the 'trix would have a web page about it by now.  If it works, then sure,. we can include it.

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »

I recall it working at some point. It was an Ares desperation gambit at some point.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 12:06:26 AM »

Ok, to respond in reverse order

That's a joke, right?  I didn't think actual insecticide actually affected bug spirits.

Hell, PM Mike and throw a google search at the idea.  If they're vulnerable to it, somebody on the 'trix would have a web page about it by now.  If it works, then sure,. we can include it.

Rob, you cal your talismonger, who tells you the following:

Well, the Bugs have been known to be effected by insecticide.  They don't like it, and tend to flee its presence.  However, it might not prove to be out and out lethal to the bugs.  I know of nothing about dmso loaded insecticide rounds, but it might be effective.  Might be more effective to just stab them with it.  Siver swords are known to hurt warewolves more. 

-SoftWeave Urban Camoflague Suit with the following add-ons: Chemical Protection R6; Fire, Cold, & Electrical Resist R4 each (unless we're using Armor Modification Slots from Arsenal.  Which we haven't been, but it's cool if we start.  Mike, please advise).

WE have been using slots for weapon mods, and as far as armor I think the system calls for undermods of armor.  However, I can still say as they do in my favorite price is right game.  Rob, THAT'S TOO MUCH!.  Try to reduce it down to the 12ish mod level, with each thing counting as one.

x1 Endoscope (or a fiber-optic "snake" camera hooked into our image links; I can't find this in SR, but they exist now, so...)

The closest thing is mage goggles.

OK, now for some RP

Warden gives you a hard look, and then shrugs.  He walks away for 10 min, and then comes back to the front area carrying a small box.
"You chummers must have some good knowledge about what the mil boys are carrying now, because these don't grow on trees."  He cracks open the box and holds up a small sphere, a grenade of a type you have never seen before.  He places it down, "Thats a mono grenade, as the nickname goes.  Be sure before you pull the pin with those."

"As to your foci, I'm not much into wizkid stuff myself, and don't find any traffic in it, so I don't got any."

(OOC-the contract requires the return of all items at the end of the run.  Don't know if you remembered that.)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »

WE have been using slots for weapon mods, and as far as armor I think the system calls for undermods of armor.  However, I can still say as they do in my favorite price is right game.  Rob, THAT'S TOO MUCH!.  Try to reduce it down to the 12ish mod level, with each thing counting as one.

No problem.  I didn't recall it having been brought up before.  Null perspiration.

Consider then the following: SoftWeave Urban Camoflague Suit with the following add-ons - Chemical Protection 4; Fire & Electrical protection R3 each

x1 Endoscope (or a fiber-optic "snake" camera hooked into our image links; I can't find this in SR, but they exist now, so...)

The closest thing is mage goggles.

All right, then go with the endoscope.  The idea here is just something to be able to recon around corners, that's all.  The fiber-optic camera can just get under door frames while an endoscope can't.

(OOC-the contract requires the return of all items at the end of the run.  Don't know if you remembered that.)

The contract we agreed to said we would return all items if possible, and not be held financially accountable for even non-expendables we didn't return.  Modifications to the written contract were made, please recall.  No foci is fine.  I assume there's no other problems with the rest of the proposed loadout?  You said anything in War!; so I wasn't aware that we were necessarily limited to IC knowledge (this is mainly regarding the MF grenades) - I thought we were getting kind of a Lucius Fox-driven "Batman Begins"-style tour through the various toys they can provide for the run.  This is the reason why I included the HE grenades as an option; having powerful but small-radius grenades will be very useful in a) confined spaces, and b) where there's a hostage.

The foci request was a forlorn hope, and I didn't expect anything by it.  No problem.  There's not a lot of mage toys in the equipment books out there, y'know?

Finally, I thought this thread was mainly to discuss amongst the team what we wanted to bring.  We talk it obver here and finalize in 5-10 minutes Sunday night so we can get started on the run.   I've pointed it out to Rob Jordan, but haven't seen anything back yet.  Brent, Brett?  Anything?  If you wanna do a personalized loadout section in addition to the general "grenades, medicine, armor, and tacnet" loadout, now's probably the time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:32:20 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »

Cannot get you the fake SIN, but everything else is no problem.

Batman begins is a good refrence, the first time I read this I though, "Guns, lots of guns."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »

Cannot get you the fake SIN, but everything else is no problem.

Batman begins is a good refrence, the first time I read this I though, "Guns, lots of guns."

Damn - I was hoping to sneak the ability to get a free DocWagon extraction through.

All right - all good.  I'll go start drawing up my modified sheet.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »

Hey Brent, Can I look at your maps to put together a warehouse when I get there tomorrow?