CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Back in the game...  (Read 1388 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Back in the game...
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:27:36 AM »

OK, so we're back to Shadowrun.  I'm having to go back through and fill out my character sheets again because mine have crayon all over them.

Somehow...

Anyway, i wanted to confirm that we were able to keep nothing from our run, and that we recovered no salvage of note.  I'm pretty sure we turned everything we had borrowed from Ares back in, but I couldn't recall if we'd picked anything up during the run.

On my sheet, I'm in the vicinity of 95,000 Nuyen available.  Do we want to start putting cash toward a nicer group flophouse?  For that matter, do we want to say in Denver?  I'm fine with leaving, but if we're staying, Onyx would really prefer to upgrade her lifestyle from Low; what's the point of having cash if you can't use it to live well?  As a further note, I need to know where/how we'll be living so I can purchase a lodge; I can't upgrade any of my magical skills without access to one, and I don't want to set one up only to have us decide to leave Denver the next day.  Essentially, I can't spend Karma until we figure out where we're going to be.

Secondarily, Mike, is there any significant restriction on purchasing gear between games?  I rather liked the Colt M23 I had "borrowed" from Ares, and was interested in purchasing the stripped-down "consumer" M22 version with the same upgrades (External Smartlink, Sling, Gas-Vent III; Shock Pad; Barrel Reduction (6P, AP -1, SA/BF/FA, 40(c), -1 Conceal, -5 recoil comp)).

Last question, Mike, are there any restrictions you have on Initiating?  I "technically" have enough Karma to do it, but I've got other stuff to spend it on too, so if there's a restriction or a reason why I shouldn't yet, I'm OK with that.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
Re: Back in the game...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

Secondarily, Mike, is there any significant restriction on purchasing gear between games?  I rather liked the Colt M23 I had "borrowed" from Ares, and was interested in purchasing the stripped-down "consumer" M22 version with the same upgrades (External Smartlink, Sling, Gas-Vent III; Shock Pad; Barrel Reduction (6P, AP -1, SA/BF/FA, 40(c), -1 Conceal, -5 recoil comp)).

Rules for acquiring gear are in the book.  If there are no mods to availability for all those mods, please tell me and I will arbitrarily come up with a number.

Last question, Mike, are there any restrictions you have on Initiating?  I "technically" have enough Karma to do it, but I've got other stuff to spend it on too, so if there's a restriction or a reason why I shouldn't yet, I'm OK with that.

There are no real restrictions on Initiating, other than it takes some time.  You can choose from the main book or street magic for your metamagics, or choose a power point if applicable.  Stuff from other books is on a case by case basis.