CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Operation HENOUSE Mission 4 - 12/25/3046 (formerly Mission 3)  (Read 4894 times)

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Operation HENOUSE Mission 3 - 11/27/3046
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 04:23:25 AM »

Who is commander for this one, is it Bright Lance?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 06:27:44 AM »

Wolverine is. We were discussing future missions that involved bright and weighed in situation.
Bright is yea. Was thinking this was mission 2 for some reason. Apologies.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:07:08 AM by deadlyfire2345 »

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:16 AM »

Reroll weather please.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 12:44:33 PM »

Reroll weather please.

Weather: Lightning Storm, Blowing Sand
Wind: Moderate Gale
Fog: None

Relevant modifiers
Blowing Sand: apply +1 penalty to direct fire and pule energy weapon attacks
Moderate Gale: Apply +1 penalty to all missile weapon attacks
Lighting Storm (see Jon's post upthread) - DOES NOT INCLUDE RAINFALL (specific planetary effect); only the lightning bolts matter

3 rerolls remaining

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »

This planet's weather really sucks. One minute it's a terrain destroying rainstorm of very biblical proportions and the next its Dune, complete with heat lightning. Tell me again, why do people live here?

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 08:19:21 AM »

That's not any better. Reroll weather again please.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »

This planet's weather really sucks. One minute it's a terrain destroying rainstorm of very biblical proportions and the next its Dune, complete with heat lightning. Tell me again, why do people live here?

It WAS nice.  Then the SLDF bombarded it for what was essentially 3 consecutive months with 100 WarShips.

Incidentally, the Atmostpheric Conditions Table in the program is normally 2, 1d10 rolls.  1-5 is "none", and the rest are Rain, Snowfall, Wind, Storm, and Fog.  This planet rolls THREE d10, and additionally has an extra d10 to roll on the Radioactives and Corrosives Table (which came up in Mission 1, but evidently got "none" in Mission 2).  Thank the SLDF for breaking the planet.

That's not any better. Reroll weather again please.

The reroll included an F5 tornado.  I'm going to just assume that you'll want a reroll on that one too, so here's the re-reroll.

Weather: Hidden
Wind: Light Gale
Fog: None
Special: Patchy Electromagnetic Interference

I don't actually know what that means.  I'm playing through the scenario in MM now to find out what the hell it's doing.

EDIT: 1 reroll remaining.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:32:23 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »

I found Electromagnetic Interference in TO:
Many worlds and settings in the BT universe remain so rich in heavy metals or are inundated with such powerful background radiation that even the well-sheild sensors and communications ger used by battlemechs, ground vehicles and battle armor are overwhelmed by the resulting interference.
Apply a +2 to hit modifier for all ranged weapon attacks and a -2 penalty to rolls on the cluster hits table (regardless of weapon system used) made by all units operating within an affected area. this area of effect may cover the entire playing area, or - if players/GM decide- be confined to select mapsheet-sized regions, to represent a more localized phenomenon.
Additionally, all active probes within an EMI-affected region are rendered useless, while ECM systems double their effective range.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »

OK, I found out what was Hidden.

It's Hidden for a reason.  Sorry.  I will say that it's partially because the onset of said environmental effect is during the game, not at the beginning.

this area of effect may cover the entire playing area, or - if players/GM decide- be confined to select mapsheet-sized regions, to represent a more localized phenomenon.

How Patchy EM Interference works is that there are several clusters of 7-hex (1 hex plus all surrounding hexes) EM interference on the map.  In my game, these drifted in the same direction as the wind by 1-3 hexes each turn.  So essentially these are mobile clusters of heavy woods that move across the map.  Firing through or OUT OF an EM Interference area caused the +2 effect, but if something is inside the EM field and not firing through an EM hex, the field had no effect.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »

It WAS nice.  Then the SLDF bombarded it for what was essentially 3 consecutive months with 100 WarShips.
This IS Seti Alpha V!

Battlemaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »

What is everyone's thoughts. Do we keep the weather or use last reroll? Or is there any other suggestions for reroll or leave as is?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 07:17:01 AM »

Given what Rob said about this planet's weather rolls, this may be the best we can get for weather. It might be worthwhile to roll map size and try for a wider front so that they can't all focus fire.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 07:55:54 AM »

Given what Rob said about this planet's weather rolls, this may be the best we can get for weather. It might be worthwhile to roll map size and try for a wider front so that they can't all focus fire.
Map size has no box next to it?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »

You are correct. Maybe change the map from mountain-lake. I think keeping mountain terrain is good, because it will limit the vehicle's mobility more than our mechs. The problem is mountain-lake will likely limit our available routes and allow them to focus fire more.

I will consider whether we will bring the marksman on board.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »

Certain missions have fixed map dimensions.  All Duels are on a 30x30 (2x2), for example.  Chase missions are always on an 18x80 (which is essentially a 1x5 map).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8