CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dragon Character Creation  (Read 4885 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Character Creation
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »

I have a question I think I made a mistake for the AIT subpath.
For trait when it says "MechWarrior receives Promotion to Sergeant (Rank 6), do I have to have the MW field before to receive this, or is it given automatically when I choose it as a field?

When you take the Mechwarrior AIT you qualify.  So at that point unless promotions before your AIT put you above Rank 6, you're promoted to Rank 6 (Sergeant).  Additional Promotion Traits earned after add to that 6 base.  So, the character earned an additional 2 Promotions after AIT, netting you out at Rank 8 (Sergeant Major).

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »

Okay thanks. It would still be 6 after I sold the two off anyway. Good to know.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 01:31:26 AM »

Noted.

Thank you for checking with me first as to what you're doing.

Your new PC will take effect as per the end of this contract, retiring the old one.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 01:40:08 AM »

Now I just need to figure out how to work well connected (will sell 2 either way, but want to clarify how far 2 points will get me and the best locations for it)
Contact (2) is an interesting one too, on top of good Reputation.

I am still kinda confused on some of the fluff of items and houses, along with the difference in groups within houses.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »

I think I made a mistake at the start of life path 3. It states for that academy that I need well connected in either Skye or laaf, a specific contact or soc 6+, does that mean I need my threshold at 6 or have 6 in the end?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »

I think I made a mistake at the start of life path 3. It states for that academy that I need well connected in either Skye or laaf, a specific contact or soc 6+, does that mean I need my threshold at 6 or have 6 in the end?

The SOC of 6+ refers to the final stat. For the Traits, you need to have it at the end of character creation. FWIW a SOC of 7+ adds 1 to the unit’s Dragoon Rating if the character is the unit’s CO.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »

My spending that last point of edge made it that much more difficult to do so, especially with the changes that are to come. Plus I did not receive any positive quirks at all. If I read the rules a little more and actually added all my fields in the end, this would be avoided. I need to read more.

Just did the math. For my final skills, I lost out on 57 points due to one small thing I skimmed over :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:49:58 AM by deadlyfire2345 »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »

I think I made a mistake at the start of life path 3. It states for that academy that I need well connected in either Skye or laaf, a specific contact or soc 6+,

Looking at your PC, you have plenty of Edge threshold remaining by the end.  I'm fine if you want to retroactively spend a point of Edge Threshold (meaning you'd have a final EDG score of 4, not 5, with the same number of Attribute Points spent) to justify getting into that academy.

There are problems that can necessitate starting over, or going back a LONG way and resetting the process.  This isn't one of them.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:19 PM »

I could just changed the academy I choose and adjust the points as necessary. That way My end result will be the same give or take. I am pretty sure I ended with 4, unless I added one somewhere that should not have gotten it.

I can join all the other Lyran Academies besides Sanglamore and Thorin. Naglelring would require me to have 6+ EDG to join which I would most likely qualify for at that time.
All the special training paths would give me enough Wealth to be able to do my last track.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:17:55 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »

Alright I will just do that and buy an enemy at the end for this EDG spent to compensate the additional point needed for 5 EDG to start. Assuming I am allowed to buy enemy like this for RP reasons.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »

I will Just do an EDG to gain access into Lyran Alliance Academy/Sanglamore (3 remain), sell off 1 extra point of wealth and 2 well-equipped.
the wealth will go into EDG to keep it at 5 (since new value will be 3) and the two well equipped into CHA to make 7. I will add the changes into my final post regarding traits.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 10:04:56 AM »

How did this character get into the academy without the prerequisites required?
Not realizing that this individual (will let Megamek RNG create the characters name and gender) went to the wrong academy, while being reviewed by the board, the social status was well overlooked by some sheer of luck and was able to attend due to a clerical error in my favor. My high stroke of luck after devastation struck at a young age gave me the opportunity needed to become a MW to do good for the Alliance.

I should probably come up with a side story for my Lostech Enemy as well.
Ending my time abroad looking for a grandeur promise of riches, went out into the periphery in search for that amazing find. Although the travel was rough and costly, ended up finding the find of a lifetime, worth every C-bill spent within an area where the Dedrickson's Devils were operating at the time. They ended up catching wind to this and almost got to me, before getting away. I may have made a friend from this find, but also made a few enemies in the process. "Was it worth it? Of course. Would I do it again? Without a second thought."

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »

Ending totals:
Administration (6) +2
Negotiation (6) +2
Scrounge (6) +2
First Aid (6) +2
Rifles (6) +2
Strategy (12) +3
Tactics/Mech (12) +3
Career/Soldier (12) +3
Leadership (12) +3
Gunnery (22) +5
Piloting (15) +4
Traits:
Vehicle (2)
Own Vehicle
Wealth (6)
Well-Connected/LAAF (2)
Well-Equipped (4)
Good Reputation (2) (Lyran Alliance)
Rank (6)
Contact (2) (LAAF 1,Nanking 1)
Stigma/Orphan
Quirk/Honorable
Enemy (1): Dedrickson's Devils
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:17:21 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »

Looks like an interesting character. The one thing that you’ll need to change is the Quirk/Hates the Clans. They’re not around yet and weren’t responsible for you being an Orphan. I’d just pick an appropriate faction that would have been involved in your familiy’s death and use that.

Before you finalize, if you’re looking at this character being a CO candidate I recommend looking at the skill list again. Either Tactics or Strategy limits the number of lances that can be deployed in a scenario as reinforcements. In my limited experience I don’t think we’ve gone above 2, but I don’t think we’d want that as a hard cap. Might be worth talking to Jon to get his perspective. If you dropped Leadership to 3 you’d have the points for the appropriate 2 to become a 3. Just a thought.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »

The quirks/stigmas that are attained (but not available at this time) end up being dormant.
If he is still alive by the time the Clans do come in, the quirk becomes available.
I will have to change Clan orphan to war orphan, as Rob stated in the rules.
in regards to tactics, that is true, was contemplating making my pilot a 3/4 and doing that as well.
The amount of EDG I am forced to start off, I will probably do that and lose 2 excess points I cannot allocate. (Making Leadership a +3 and Strategy plus tactics a +3 as well.)
I have a few months IRL to finalize so I will be looking into items to change.
The way it was set up now was the most optimal of point allocation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9