CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dragon Character Creation  (Read 4893 times)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Character Creation
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »

I did not even see you message. Yes I do. Everything is set up with Duke, GCWW, and Rumpke. Along with ADT and Cinci Bell (FWIW). I still would rather close later, but it is what it is. As far as I know, everything is now done.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »

Okay, looking at the new ruleset and everyones stats on the google doc, it seems we would be at an issue if Jon relinquishes roles as CO at end of contract (which I am assuming he leaves shortly after unfortunately).
I see that Administration/Bureaucracy affect the amount of lances, with administration affecting the number of admin we can have at one time (assuming the penalty will be a loss of admin if nobodys skill is high enough for all 19 currently.)
Best option to maintain number of lances would be Dancer having a 4 in bureau but a 0 in admin would leave us with 5 total.
Next two would be Ice or Midnight (both having a 2/2) with Ice not wanting to be CO and unsure as to how much XP Midnight can stock up prior to end of contract.
Everyone else has 1/2 or some combination lower than that.

How would we allocate CO if everything stayed constant?

I only offered to be CO since I am pretty much the only person in the group who does virtually nothing on a daily basis.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »

Okay, looking at the new ruleset and everyones stats on the google doc, it seems we would be at an issue if Jon relinquishes roles as CO at end of contract (which I am assuming he leaves shortly after unfortunately).
I see that Administration/Bureaucracy affect the amount of lances, with administration affecting the number of admin we can have at one time (assuming the penalty will be a loss of admin if nobodys skill is high enough for all 19 currently.)
Best option to maintain number of lances would be Dancer having a 4 in bureau but a 0 in admin would leave us with 5 total.
Next two would be Ice or Midnight (both having a 2/2) with Ice not wanting to be CO and unsure as to how much XP Midnight can stock up prior to end of contract.

I only offered to be CO since I am pretty much the only person in the group who does virtually nothing on a daily basis.

my issue is what we have talked about prior...I also do not have as much time as i did with my new job.
Die Clanner!!!!

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »

my issue is what we have talked about prior...I also do not have as much time as i did with my new job.

I believe Rob gives gives bonus points to the person who takes over CO role to help round out charactt for the job. I know this is true for if your lance leader is killed and you promote one of your wingman to leader.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »

I'm still fine to take over as CO if that's what the group wants.  I'm currently saving for bumping up one of the skills to 3 which would cover our current unit size with no room.  Given Jon's intention to leave late next summer, we don't need to cut over until after an additional contract if needed.  That said, let's wait until after tomorrow night when I run my solo mission.  Based on the results I could be anywhere from nearly there to the XP needed, to about the same to rolling up a new character.  ;)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »

We have time so there is that. Just something to think about is all. Just keep in mind it is Administration to 3 to satisfy both lance number and admin number.

I will just set up two character profiles for him then.
1 if CO, 1 if not.
With the units blessing of course. Be easier than me just altering the same one constantly.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »

We have time so there is that. Just something to think about is all. Just keep in mind it is Administration to 3 to satisfy both lance number and admin number.

1 if CO, 1 if not.
With the units blessing of course. Be easier than me just altering the same one constantly.

Honestly, I would figure out what you're going to have fun playing and just stick with it.  The penalty for not having sufficient admin to cover all the lances is a -3 to initiative.  Painful, but not crippling.  Admins would off-set that.  Say for arguments sake that Midnight's CO becomes the unit CO.  You pick the non-commander build.  The first mission you play in, Midnight happens to play in too and the CO dies.  Are you expecting someone to retire their existing character to build a CO?  Again, play what you're going to have fun with.

If you feel it's critical to know who the next CO is sooner rather than later, then post a poll, plan to discuss it with the group on Saturday or however the process works.  Ultimately the goal is for everyone to have fun.  If they are, then it doesn't really matter to me if we've got a -3 initiative penalty for a while as the CO builds up the proper skills.  The challenges just build character.  ;)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »

1 if CO, 1 if not.

Honestly, I would figure out what you're going to have fun playing and just stick with it.  The penalty for not having sufficient admin to cover all the lances is a -3 to initiative.  Painful, but not crippling.  Admins would off-set that.  Say for arguments sake that Midnight's CO becomes the unit CO.  You pick the non-commander build.  The first mission you play in, Midnight happens to play in too and the CO dies.  Are you expecting someone to retire their existing character to build a CO?  Again, play what you're going to have fun with.

If you feel it's critical to know who the next CO is sooner rather than later, then post a poll, plan to discuss it with the group on Saturday or however the process works.  Ultimately the goal is for everyone to have fun.  If they are, then it doesn't really matter to me if we've got a -3 initiative penalty for a while as the CO builds up the proper skills.  The challenges just build character.  ;)
I know I know. Just trying to be considerate to those who are busy with work or life.
I do enjoy everyone's company so no matter what happens I don't care either way.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »

This is just to push this up in the forums so it can be transferred in when ready.
Also Character Name I have decided to go with Herbert Esser

Will have my characters created in an excel sheet that I have been using for some time now.

Backstory as to why Enemy and Edg used for path added here:
How did this character get into the academy without the prerequisites required?
Not realizing that this individual went to the wrong academy, while being reviewed by the board, the social status was well overlooked by some sheer of luck and was able to attend due to a clerical error in my favor. My high stroke of luck after devastation struck at a young age gave me the opportunity needed to become a MW to do good for the Alliance.

I should probably come up with a side story for my Lostech Enemy as well.
Ending my time abroad looking for a grandeur promise of riches, went out into the periphery in search for that amazing find. Although the travel was rough and costly, ended up finding the find of a lifetime, worth every C-bill spent within an area where the Dedrickson's Devils were operating at the time. They ended up catching wind to this and almost got to me, before getting away. I may have made a friend from this find, but also made a few enemies in the process. "Was it worth it? Of course. Would I do it again? Without a second thought."

My Custom:
Longbow LGB-0W-1x

Mass: 85 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/E-F-E-A
Production Year: 0
Cost: 19,956,258 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,924

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 340 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    4  Large Lasers
    4  Medium Pulse Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                     130 points                8.50
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             340                      13.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 4 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 2 LL, 2 RL                                         4.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             18(36)                    8.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 1 RA
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 256                 16.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Tors    27           36       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  15       
                                           L/R Torso    18           25       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  11       
                                             L/R Arm    14           28       
                                             L/R Leg     18           34       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Laser                                  RT        8         2         5.00
Medium Pulse Laser                      RT        4         1         2.00
Large Laser                                  LT        8         2         5.00
Medium Pulse Laser                      LT        4         1         2.00
Large Laser                                  RA        8         2         5.00
Medium Pulse Laser                      RA        4         1         2.00
Large Laser                                  LA        8         2         5.00
Medium Pulse Laser                      LA        4         1         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 14

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      9    Points: 19
4j         5       5       0       0      4     1   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »

With as much crap as I get for my Crusaders, your Longbow should cause a near fatal allergic reaction.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

I wanted to throw in a MASC, but did not want to waste my second SLDF from well equipped for it, since the price between that and the XL I wanted for my cicada is a 1.7m difference. Would be cheaper to buy it then try and stick it in when possible.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2018, 04:26:48 PM »

With as much crap as I get for my Crusaders, your Longbow should cause a near fatal allergic reaction.

XD
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »

This is just to push this up in the forums so it can be transferred in when ready.
Also Character Name I have decided to go with Herbert Esser

Update your Lance Warehouse and send it to Jon so he can update the TO&E.  Update your lance in the Google Doc, and update your post in the customs thread.

Also, hooooly hell that Longbow.  *shrug*  OK, it's your custom/funeral.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »

So what day does he officially join the unit then? On the 1st right?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »

So what day does he officially join the unit then? On the 1st right?

Correct.  But go ahead and update everything to the 1st regardless.

Jon, I'll leave it up to you as to whether you update the Roll of Honor with Freeman's info; I didn't for Sylvie, but you're the CO.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9