CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Post contract plans  (Read 1741 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Post contract plans
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »

I expect we are only 1 or 2 missions away from completing the contract. When we do, we will move from rules version 2.2 to version 3. We will also change up some lances. The unit will also get paid for transportation, which will be a nice size wad of cash.

In preparation for all of this, I would like to survey the lances and get an idea what each lance plans to do. If your plan is just rest and repair, please post saying that. If you will want to perform major customizations, post that. If you will need to uncustomize your mechs, indicate that.  Depending on your lance health and needs, I may make unit funds available.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Post contract plans
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »

Barring major damage, Dunedain lance will simply rest and repair.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »

Going to try and make some major customizations myself. Going to try and put a couple XL into some mechs, along with a MASC for my Longbow when the new lance leader comes in. Depending if Dragon is in next or final mission, def repair then custom.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

I've got a Firestarter that is getting a major overhaul.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:01:06 PM »

I have an XL engine to install in the Tbolt, but don't have the gyro yet (4 Tons, 1.2MM c-bills), so likely just a rest and refit.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »

May end up with some modifications unsure of exactly what yet

the griffin will be heavily modified from ac20 variant to something else but should be good without needing factory

ostsol and phawk  are ones that i would contemplate modding more heavily but are not exactly the most necessary to do so at this time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:30:41 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 09:57:26 PM »

Dancer requires 4 month+ space flight in the maintenance bay to put Marauder back together following the failed customization roll.  Eventually, picking up a light mech for Sgt Wolf would be nice.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 10:38:08 PM »

I have a Grand dragon to custom in a mech bay and if I can get a PHawk I would custom it so new grand dragon would fit in bv cap.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:49 PM »

I should note that it is less likely that we will take a long break this time, given the version 3 rules will put a lot more pressure on us to get on with the next contract.
We are near a number of factory worlds with short transit times, though which should help. We are 12 days from the jump point out of this hell hole and two jumps from New Earth with a 6 day transit to planetfall, so we can land ~25 days after completing the contract. How useful that will be will depend on when in the month we fight our last battle.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 12:12:22 AM »

Unless something interesting happens to Skaraborg, it'll be mostly downtime and resupply.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »

We are near a number of factory worlds with short transit times, though which should help.

Factory or maintenance bay doesn't matter.  Due to my screwup and failed roll, the Marauder has to have 4 months.  Unless, is it possible to leave mech and tech at factory and come back to pick it up later?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 07:25:32 AM »

My changes to mechs only require maintenance bay. No need  to detour for my Lance required.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »

Going to try and make some major customizations myself. Going to try and put a couple XL into some mechs, along with a MASC for my Longbow when the new lance leader comes in. Depending if Dragon is in next or final mission, def repair then custom.
Will you be having your PC come in as a replacement lance, or is he coming in as a replacement lance leader?

the griffin will be heavily modified from ac20 variant to something else but should be good without needing factory

ostsol and phawk  are ones that i would contemplate modding more heavily but are not exactly the most necessary to do so at this time.
May I suggest a gauss rifle in place of the AC/20? It will give you long range and gets rid of the ammo explosion destroys my mech problem. The gauss rifle may explode, but only for 15 instead of 100.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:15:21 AM by Timberwolfd »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »

Replace Lance Leader.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 10:33:01 AM »

I could turn it into gauss with 2 ton ammo and  5 ml. it wont have much for crit padding at all though

I was thinking something more in line with what the other is

erppc hatchet 5 ml

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:37:30 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: [1] 2