CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Campaign Rules, Version 3-1 (Final)  (Read 1829 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Rules, Version 3-1 (Final)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »

Per the omnipod rules, is ammo considered weapon or non-weapon?

Non-weapon.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »

Hi Rob. Is there an answer yet on what happens to units which have not completed a factory-level customization and which lose immediate access to a factory facility?  It’d be nice to know especially if it impacts maintenance costs for October.

You don't automatically lose the Mechs.  However, if you don't have enough time to finish them, then you have to cancel the customization.  Which means that you essentially have a naked Mech skeleton (or a mech with everything you removed from it, anyway), a pile of parts, and have to start the "adding things to the Mech" section of the customization from scratch somewhere else.

What that means for the future is that if you want to do the same customization, you'll have to find a factory somewhere else.  If you want to take what you've removed and add everything back in, that's already covered in the existing rules.  If you want to take what you've removed and create a NEW customization which doesn't require a factory, then that's also OK *as long as the removed components aren't going to require a factory to replace*.

In that last case, say your customization was:
1) Remove 3 MLs, DHS swap, add 2.5 tons armor and CASE.  

That's a Factory-level customization (b/c of the CASE).  However, if you have to cancel the customization due to loss of Factory conditions, your Mech is in the following condition:
1) 3 ML's removed
2) SHS removed.

You could find a new factory and recalculate a new customization from that point.  Alternatively, you could decide on a new customization:
1) Install all DHS, add 2.0 tons armor and a TAG unit.

This new customization (which, again, must be recalculated from the point of "installing new things") would only be a Maintenance-level customization, and therefore wouldn't require a Factory.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »

Shall we expect a version update to campaign rules v4 with the BMM and StratOps errata in effect?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

Talked with Rob, he will not have enough time to write up the new rules prior to next game. 3-1 stays in effect until further notice. That is all.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »

Talked with Rob, he will not have enough time to write up the new rules prior to next game. 3-1 stays in effect until further notice. That is all.

im assuming the changes like the dhs per location and one location for engine are still out of play then even though its a simple change
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »

Indeed, still individual and CASE is still Class E

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »

The change to the 4.0 rules are going to be really large, because I have to rewrite large swathes of text and put in entirely new images for reference.

When I am done with the rules packet, the rules will change over to 4.0 *immediately*.  As in, "when the packet is posted".  I'm going to be putting time into it today, and likely tomorrow now that my schedule no longer includes helping Jon move (unless I have to deal with the insurance people), but I cannot say when the new rules will be ready.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »

Update: I think I'll be able to post the new rules revision tomorrow with the new free time I have.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 02:14:44 PM »

Update: I think I'll be able to post the new rules revision tomorrow with the new free time I have.

Is new free time a good thing?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 06:22:33 PM »

Is new free time a good thing?
He was going to be helping me lift some of the heavier crap I'm moving, but the container delivery got snafu'd.
Pages: 1 [2]