CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Operation KESTREL Mission 1 - 12/22/3048  (Read 3745 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Operation KESTREL Mission 1 - 12/22/3048
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »

Final Scenario

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
MilBase 2.....DropPort 2.......DropPort 2
Seaport.......DropPort 1........MilBase 1
MilBase 1.....DropPort 2.......DropPort 1

THERE ARE NO WALLS ON THE SOUTHWEST MILITARY BASE MAP; THE ELEVATIONS ARE THERE - THE WALLS ARE NOT

Deployment
Base Unit Deployment: Find the map fold lines.  There is a 2x2 map area denoted in the center of the board via these fold lines.  Non-DropShip Base Units must deploy anywhere within this area, on a building hex or not.  DropShips must deploy, as centered as possible, on any crater hex on the center three maps.
Base Turret Deployment: Find the map fold lines.  There is a 2x2 map area denoted in the center of the board via these fold lines.  Turrets must deploy anywhere within this area, on a building hex or not.
Allied Deployment:  Begin on the board anywhere within 10 hexes of the Western Board Edge
PC Deployment: Find the map fold lines.  There is a 2x2 map area denoted in the center of the board via these fold lines.  PC Lances must deploy anywhere within this area AFTER OPFOR Airdrop Mapsheets have been nominated.  Each PC Lance must deploy within 6 hexes of ALL other members of that lance, and no lance may deploy within 10 hexes of another PC Lance.
PC Reinforcement Deployment: Enter along any map edge.

OPFOR Force 1 Deploy:: Enter on the West board edge on their initiative during Turn 1.  Roll 1d6-2; that many units from this lance have each taken 1d6-1 groups of 5 damage from their airdrop.  No member of this lance may enter more than 5 hexes away from where the first member of this lance to move onto the board entered.
OPFOR Force 2 Deploy: Divide the OPFOR Force 2 into lances of 4 Mechs each.  After all PC base unit/turret deployment has completed, each lance must nominate a mapsheet it will airdrop onto.  No more than 1 lance may drop onto any one mapsheet.  OPFOR lances may airdrop onto any game board.  On their initiative counts, each OPFOR unit will airdrop onto the mapsheet it selected, nominating its landing hex before it rolls for landing/scatter.  Airdropped units do not become valid targets for weapons fire until Turn 1 of the game.
OPFOR Reinforcement Deploy: Divide the OPFOR Reinforcements into 4-unit platoons.  Each platoon must enter the board within 3 hexes of all other members of its platoon.  OPFOR Reinforcements enter the board anywhere along the western board edge on their initiative count.

Environmental Effects:
Light Snow Flurries*:  Includes the following environmental conditions:
1) -10 degrees C: no game effect
2) Moderate Snowfall:  +1 modifier to all weapon attacks.  Non-hover Ground Vehicles reduce their Cruising MP by 2.  Apply Thin Snow beginning on Turn 10, Deep Snow beginning on Turn 20.  Apply Ice to all Water Hexes beginning on Turn 20.
3) Light Gale: +1 to all Aerospace Control Rolls, including AirDrop Landing Rolls.  Conventional Foot Infantry outside of a building suffer -1 to all ground MP (units reduced to 0 can either move or attack in a turn, not both).

This isn't in TacOps; only "Snow Flurries" are, so I'm extrapolating.

Battlefield Support
BSP are not used.

Each PC ASF may be assigned to either attack or air defense.
1) if Air defense, it may make up to 2 Light or Heavy Air Defense attempts, as per normal rules.
2) If air Attack, each fighter must be assigned to it's attack "type" (bombing, strafing, etc), and may make up to 2 attacks during the game.

Non-ASF support forces not already assigned to this scenario may not participate.

Pirate forces do have an unknown number of air units available, but no artillery.

PCs Victory Conditions:
1) Destroy or Cripple at least 9 Pirate Mechs
2) Destroy or Cripple at least 6 Reinforcement units
3) Preserve at least 2 Allied Mechs and at least 1 Base Turret

OPFOR Victory Conditions:
1) Destroy or cripple at least 3 Allied Mechs
2) Destroy at least 7 PC Mechs
3) Destroy all base Turrets and at least 4 Base Units

***EXTING THE BATTLEFIELD***
Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environments MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).

***Captured Pirate MechWarriors recieve a -2 TN bonus to recruit.  Until they are recruited, Pirate MechWarriors have a small chance of attempting a breakout each month, which may result in injury or death to Lance Wingmen.  Pirate MechWarriors cannot be ransomed.***

***Pirates will attempt to capture ejected MechWarriors for ransom instead of shooting them..***
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:30:08 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »

I know that Ice and Reaper Lances are the only available for reinforcement, but can both be called in or only 1?

Reaper would deploy the following if called into action:
2 Gladiators GLD-4RDx3  5,8,5 PPC, 3 med lasers, and SRM 4
Griffin GRF-1NDx1 5,8,5 PPC, 2 med lasers, and LRM 10
Either Griffin GRF-1SDx1 5,8,5 Lg laser, 3 med lasers, and LRM 10 or Shadow Hawk 2HD-2HDx 5,8,5 PPC, 2 med lasers, and LRM 10

Arrival turn 3.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »

So the landing roll occurs at the end phase, would damage also factor in?

Not unless you damage in the End Phase.  Damage doesn't transfer from phase to phase.
But if you fall from damage prior to making the landing roll, what happens?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »

How does the Triumph factor in on this?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »

Basically as a destructable terrain piece. Grounded aerodynes can't fire their weapons.
Incidentally, depending on how many of the aerospace rules we play with on the ground, anything that can do more than 12-15 damage in a single group, like the AC/20s on the Saladins and the Highlander, is a real problem. They can do enough damage to get critical rolls because of damage thresholds. Not good.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:17:41 PM by Timberwolfd »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2018, 03:26:39 PM »

Gotcha. Try and keep them from drop ship would be ideal. How many ASF do we have exactly? Since BSP is not in play this time around.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »

Basically as a destructable terrain piece. Grounded aerodynes can't fire their weapons.
Incidentally, depending on how many of the aerospace rules we play with on the ground, anything that can do more than 12-15 damage in a single group, like the AC/20s on the Saladins and the Highlander, is a real problem. They can do enough damage to get critical rolls because of damage thresholds. Not good.

why would they attack a dropship knowing it cant fire?
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »

why would they attack a dropship knowing it cant fire?
OPFOR Victory Conditions:
1) Destroy or cripple at least 3 Allied Mechs
2) Destroy at least 7 PC Mechs
3) Destroy all base Turrets and at least 4 Base Units

Note that the Triumph is a base unit and due to its height and immobility it is very easy to hit....

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 01:31:12 PM »

Okay. I will go with Reaper lance as reinforcements. We will need the reinforcements to come in on same side as FS units to prevent casualties. Turn 3 pref.
Talked with Brandon about it. Executive decision.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:38:59 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »

Okay. I will go with Reaper lance as reinforcements. We will need the reinforcements to come in on same side as FS units to prevent casualties. Turn 3 pref.
Talked with Brandon about it. Executive decision.

My thoughts were for better consistent mobility considering the warhammer doesnt jump, javelin has unbalanced with skidding in play, and the cataphract is only marginally better speed wise because of.masc and jj the ostsol or the griffins wouldn't be so bad though

The medium lance can stay mobile while staying in the fight most turns if the unit co decides otherwise then it can be brought up I felt it a better option though.

Also it is only a LTSG advising his company CO unit CO and unit XO per tactical

Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die.
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »

No, no, no. You make the other poor dumb bastard die for his employer. I don't pay you to die.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »

No, no, no. You make the other poor dumb bastard die for his employer. I don't pay you to die.

so its just do or do not there is no try?
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 08:15:47 PM »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »

I also have a Blackjack (silver) and Griffin (black).
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7