CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 18 September, 3050  (Read 4115 times)

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 18 September, 3050
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 08:31:34 PM »

I have 2 Harassers.  As far as flatbed trucks, I can bring the variety of grey plastic tanks, trucks, ambulance, APC's etc.  I don't know if there are 8 suitable but we will see.  May also have a few micromachines.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 09:59:53 PM »

I have a kit fox and an adder handy.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »

Does anyone have any light armor that can double for Harassars or should one of us make a fast IWM run?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »

I think I have a harasser maybe 2 I'll have to check later today
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2019, 03:46:39 PM »

(Holy hell, I finally got SSW working on one machine - its always fun with the Oracle documentation on the error code is "Lulz we dunno")

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

I have a copy of Heavy Metal if you want to see if that works on your system.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »

I have plenty of hovercraft if need be.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »

I have a couple unpainted scimitars and cant find my harassers
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »

Crapbaskets, I just realized I forgot to roll out the SPAs. 

Deadly, I'll PM you shortly.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »

Crapbaskets, I just realized I forgot to roll out the SPAs. 

Deadly, I'll PM you shortly.
Roger that.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2019, 07:54:07 PM »

Minis packed, including 3x Hephaetsus as proxies if needed. 3x misc truck/apc vehicles and the Kit Fox and Adder.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2019, 10:22:05 PM »

Is there any rulebook that goes further in depth about Zellbringen and the honor codes? TW just does a basic rundown of  it all.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »

Is there any rulebook that goes further in depth about Zellbringen and the honor codes? TW just does a basic rundown of  it all.

Nothing that's currently considered "canon".  Zell's gone through 5 or 6 rewrites, and the problem is always that the core of Zellbringen forces the Clan player to deliberately act in a non-optimal fashion, when the player doesn't really want to.  It then has to figure out how to account for all the rules loopholes and edge cases that the motivated player is going to try and find in the Zell rules to get out of them...a task which is a functional impossibility.

The only way Zell works is when you have a rough guideline of what it's intended to be, a GM to adjucate it, and players who aren't going to try to work around the strictures, and who are comfortable asking the GM "can I do the thing?"  Because here's the problem: not only does the above all make writing rules for Zell impossible...but the way Zell works changes from novel to novel, author to author, and sometimes from chapter to chapter.  It's not, and has never been, consistent, which, again makes writing rules for it literally impossible.  And CGL eventually realized that, and basically gave up.

About the only new way that I can think of to make Zell function as intended in a non-GM'd game is to put portions of the novels into the Zell chapter as guidelines ("you should act about like this"), and give the opposing player full permission to kick the Clan player in the dick, twice, each time the Clan player is clearly gaming the rules.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2019, 12:52:38 AM »

Nothing that's currently considered "canon".  Zell's gone through 5 or 6 rewrites, and the problem is always that the core of Zellbringen forces the Clan player to deliberately act in a non-optimal fashion, when the player doesn't really want to.  It then has to figure out how to account for all the rules loopholes and edge cases that the motivated player is going to try and find in the Zell rules to get out of them...a task which is a functional impossibility.

The only way Zell works is when you have a rough guideline of what it's intended to be, a GM to adjucate it, and players who aren't going to try to work around the strictures, and who are comfortable asking the GM "can I do the thing?"  Because here's the problem: not only does the above all make writing rules for Zell impossible...but the way Zell works changes from novel to novel, author to author, and sometimes from chapter to chapter.  It's not, and has never been, consistent, which, again makes writing rules for it literally impossible.  And CGL eventually realized that, and basically gave up.

About the only new way that I can think of to make Zell function as intended in a non-GM'd game is to put portions of the novels into the Zell chapter as guidelines ("you should act about like this"), and give the opposing player full permission to kick the Clan player in the dick, twice, each time the Clan player is clearly gaming the rules.
And give the clan player a reasonable way to have his force basically just give up on Zell when the opponent just goes on a kite spree. Or to non-consensually and non-exclusively add additional target mechs to the "duel". Se previous battle fluff...

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »

Just wondering is all. TW goes into explaining that Zell, physicals, and retreating all have an honor code when dealing with other groups. On top of the type of Zell used pre and post invasion. Only about 2.5 pages, seemed very informative as to how it worked. Just was asking for RP purposes.

pp.273-275 are the pages in both the revised TW and one prior.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7