CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 18 September, 3050  (Read 4092 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 18 September, 3050
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2019, 02:27:07 AM »

I'm leaving for Origins, well, now, and I'll be back super-early Saturday morning.  I'll have the various questions answered and the next scenario up by end of day Saturday (this scenario took some serious thought as to how to pull off). 

Hi Rob. Is there an answer yet on what happens to my Panther and Deadly’s T-bolt?  It’d be nice to know especially if it impacts maintenance costs for October.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2019, 01:57:10 PM »

Hi Rob. Is there an answer yet on what happens to my Panther and Deadly’s T-bolt?  It’d be nice to know especially if it impacts maintenance costs for October.

posting this in the questions thread as well

You don't automatically lose the Mechs.  However, if you don't have enough time to finish them, then you have to cancel the customization.  Which means that you essentially have a naked Mech skeleton (or a mech with everything you removed from it, anyway), a pile of parts, and have to start the "adding things to the Mech" section of the customization from scratch somewhere else.

What that means for the future is that if you want to do the same customization, you'll have to find a factory somewhere else.  If you want to take what you've removed and add everything back in, that's already covered in the existing rules.  If you want to take what you've removed and create a NEW customization which doesn't require a factory, then that's also OK *as long as the removed components aren't going to require a factory to replace*.

In that last case, say your customization was:
1) Remove 3 MLs, DHS swap, add 2.5 tons armor and CASE. 

That's a Factory-level customization (b/c of the CASE).  However, if you have to cancel the customization due to loss of Factory conditions, your Mech is in the following condition:
1) 3 ML's removed
2) SHS removed.

You could find a new factory and recalculate a new customization from that point.  Alternatively, you could decide on a new customization:
1) Install all DHS, add 2.0 tons armor and a TAG unit.

This new customization (which, again, must be recalculated from the point of "installing new things") would only be a Maintenance-level customization, and therefore wouldn't require a Factory.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »

Okay. I kinda had a feeling that was the case, so I ended up rerolling the Thud custom in the maintenance bay, replacing the 2 CASE with a DHS, starting the same day as the initial customization. I made the roll prior to the 9/15 game. Would that roll stand or do you want me to change the date to after the 18th?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »

Okay. I kinda had a feeling that was the case, so I ended up rerolling the Thud custom in the maintenance bay, replacing the 2 CASE with a DHS, starting the same day as the initial customization. I made the roll prior to the 9/15 game. Would that roll stand or do you want me to change the date to after the 18th?

The new customization would start the same day that you CANCELED the initial customization.  So if you started a customization on 1 September (projected end date September 15th), and decided to cancel the customization on the 14th, then you need to calculate the new customization as starting on September 14th, and not make the roll until the day the NEW customization completes.

So when did you decide to cancel the customization, and when is the new customization scheduled to end (keeping in mind that all normal modifiers to time, such as Class D, still apply)?  As a note, in this case I will not accept an "I decided to cancel" date prior to September 15th.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

The best option would be to cancel on 9/18 then restart the custom on the 19th in the maintenance bay, making adjustments as needed.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »

The best option would be to cancel on 9/18 then restart the custom on the 19th in the maintenance bay, making adjustments as needed.

No problem.  Figure out how long it takes (with the understanding that the unit is leaving the planet on Oct 3rd, so if the initial check takes longer than that you can't even roll).  If you qualify for a roll before October 3rd, I'll let you apply the dice roll you already made to this new customization  That's a 1-time thing - people won't normally get that to happen.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2019, 03:28:32 PM »

Sounds good. Thank you. I will see what I can do.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »

No problem.  Figure out how long it takes (with the understanding that the unit is leaving the planet on Oct 3rd, so if the initial check takes longer than that you can't even roll).  If you qualify for a roll before October 3rd, I'll let you apply the dice roll you already made to this new customization  That's a 1-time thing - people won't normally get that to happen.

With this in mind, since the Archer custom will not finish until mid Oct, will that roll also be affected because of this next mission?

If yes, will the negative quirk still be applied if the roll does end up being inert from the cancellation due to the situation?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

With this in mind, since the Archer custom will not finish until mid Oct, will that roll also be affected because of this next mission?

If yes, will the negative quirk still be applied if the roll does end up being inert from the cancellation due to the situation?

Does the Archer's customization require a Factory?

If it does NOT require a factory, but you were using the Factory Location Modifier, you need to determine whether or not 75% of the minutes spent in the Mech's customization were "at" the Factory.  If they were, then the Factory modifier can apply, and we can run with what you've rolled.  If they were not (because we're leaving), then apply the Maintenance Bay modifier instead, and see if your roll would have still succeeded.  If the situation develops where you would be unable to roll in general (it's a Factory Refit and you can't get 75% of the required minutes at the Factory), then the roll is obviously canceled.

For reference, if we ever have to outright cancel a roll, any effects of that roll are canceled.  Those effects do include the application of Quirks.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »

The Archer was not done in a factory to begin with. However, with you mentioning with the previous roll for the thunderbolt, it sounded like the bays needed to be open for this mission, which is why I wanted to clarify.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]