CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SUDETEN Solo Mission (Ice) - Prison Break - 09/28/50  (Read 1545 times)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: SUDETEN Solo Mission (Ice) - Prison Break - 09/28/50
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »

No trolls needed we shall see what the fates decide

Awwww.

LOL damn auto correct
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 08:23:47 PM »

No trolls needed we shall see what the fates decide
Awwww.
LOL damn auto correct
Or is that auto incorrect?
At least it has a sense of humor.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »

You need to perform a perception roll to make sure there are no trolls about. Then follow up with a constitution to see if you are mentally prepared for it.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 08:52:23 PM »

You need to perform a perception roll to make sure there are no trolls about. Then follow up with a constitution to see if you are mentally prepared for it.

well considering the amount of posts so far I would say perception roll auto passes
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »

just going to ask this now the level 1 to go prone restriction is only for lvl 1 going to submerge in lvl 2 is fine?

I mean one of the mechs has enviro sealing so....
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »

just going to ask this now the level 1 to go prone restriction is only for lvl 1 going to submerge in lvl 2 is fine?

If you're submerged in L2 water, that's not prone.

It's also probably suicide if a Clan Mech jumps into the water right next to you, but hey, you do you.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 06:11:10 AM »

If you're submerged in L2 water, that's not prone.

It's also probably suicide if a Clan Mech jumps into the water right next to you, but hey, you do you.

Well there's a chance I take the clanner with me lol

It was more a question of willingness to submerge vs prone to clarify if needed
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:46:49 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »

5 v 3

Initiative should be on IS side win 1-2-1-2-1-1 and on IS loss is 2-1-2-1-1-1
Die Clanner!!!!

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019, 01:53:22 PM »

End of mission: ice victory.
Units survived:
APC, quasit.
No salvage.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »

Congrats!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »

End of mission: ice victory.
Units survived:
APC, quasit.

2 Random Bonuses, then.

Rolling:

Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7

Rolled 2d50 : 41, 16, total 57

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 03:11:32 PM »

Bonus 1
On board the APC is the pilot's family.  One of them, a young boy, relates to you a story of when he was exploring a nearby cave.  Deep into the cave he says he found an ancient Battlemech, but nobody believes him.  Dispatching your salvage team (since the Clan forces egressed the area and the drowned Clan Mech is beyond the capabilities of your salvage team in the time available), they find that the kid is telling the truth.  Deep in the dry cavern you find a BEL-1X Bellerophon.

Quirks:
Cowl
EM Interference
Unbalanced

Bonus 2
Alongside the Mech there are several crates, with unintelligible labels.  Cracking them open, your team finds several spare parts, possibly intended to keep this ancient machine running, and even somewhat upgrade it from its Primitive status.  You recover:
x1 Pitban 240 XL fusion engine, circa 2760 (no heat sinks)
x2 lower leg, x2 Foot Actuators for a 60-ton Mech
x1 60-ton Mech Sensors
Several sub-containers of various myomer lubricants, cooling hoses, and so forth.  (Enough has survived to offset maintenance costs on 1 standard Mech for 1 month)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:13:22 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »

Here is a rough after action report

POWs and SGT Booth lost initiative turn 1 and all but 1-2 other turns which heavily dictated the pace of engagement

turns 1-3 were used to get into semi useable positions negating any clan range advantage had there been one. The mercury broke north pulling the parking brake behind a small hillside and sat there for 4-5 turns. The apc and Tiger made a break north splitting off after a single turn of northern movement ending slightly above the middle of the AOE. The tiger chose a small hill in which to position itself as a bunker forcing clan units to get well within its optimum range. Booth chose to position herself in the middle using trees and some hills to give cover but allow fire to try and support the tank.The clanners in response made push north north west along the lake using the treeline. The pilot of the Quasit raised his.mechs hand and promptly closed all but the thumb, middle finger and walked into the water in front of him slowly submerging himself.

The clanners would attempt to ignore this submerged unit and remain calm. They did so for several turns but by turn 5-6 the clanners realized they couldn't let him just hide in the water and sent the mist lynx bounding into the air toward the lake. Landing in the water in front of the mech a small exchange took place. The Mist Lynx scoring to lasers while the single ML in the Quasit missed. The pilot however redeem himself with a kick placed squarely through the kneecap of the Mist Lynx. Although it didnt outright remove the leg water filled the gaping hole essentially removing the mech from the mission. Garbled under water yelling could be heard as the Quasit existed the water the way he came hand and fingers still raised in the direction of the.Mist Lynx. And promptly layed in some heavy woods for the last 2 turns using trees for cover.

This ended up as the final resting place of the tiger. Within 2 turns a falcon dragonfly had used the max extent of its jumping ability to land in the rear of the Tiger and that turn truly making it a pillbox bit not without taking the full salvo possible from the Tiger. The following turn the dragonfly and Goshawk switched places and the Tiger with near unmissable shots practically everything as it tried ttacking the dragonfly still only to find the Goshawk in its place. The Tiger didnt have much other choice if he were to draw in the clan units but to stay there. The Goshawk made short work of the tank staying on its wounded and ravaged side.

The apc after splitting from the Tiger had made a hard turn west then southwest driving full bore into the fog like a crazed man. His eventual change from western border of the AOE turned into a mad dash toward the southern bridge the clan units to occupied to give chase. Successful in his gamble the apc parked himself among the trees and buildings on the far side of the bridge practically our of reach and would almost have appeared to just have been on a stroll the lakeside had it not been a battle.

While the clans had engaged the poor Tiger tank the mercury made a mad dash along the northern border of the AOE in an attempt to lose the clanners among the hills and force a contingent to break off to follow or allow his eventual escape. He was successful in evading clan units for a turn but the clan dragonfly was having none of it scoring a hit on the mercury on a freak shot but not enough to cripple it. The cat and mouse game lasted another 4 or so turns until the mercury had enough losing its leg and falling removing the ragtag part of what was left of its CT. The dragonfly had enough chewing on the downed mech and tried to reposition himself but had been drawn to far north to help the remainder of the game which was 2 turns by that point.

The remaining display of the battle would be face to face knife fighting between the Goshawk and Ostsol. The ostsol time.and time again having to fight a defensive battle when circumstances failed to give an opening. Many a shot went wide or gave no more than grazing damage during the exchanges to the ostsol. This mostly due to last second moves and the odd shape of the ostsol. This battle would see action in the center, west and then south of the AOE. As the battle reached the hill overlooking the lake the fairly beat up clanners gave the withdrawal signal in disgust and pulled back to the outer edge of sensor range. This allowed the time the remaining POW needed to exit the AOE. Reason for the clans withdrawal is unknown.
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »

Bonus 1
On board the APC is the pilot's family.  One of them, a young boy, relates to you a story of when he was exploring a nearby cave.  Deep into the cave he says he found an ancient Battlemech, but nobody believes him.  Dispatching your salvage team (since the Clan forces egressed the area and the drowned Clan Mech is beyond the capabilities of your salvage team in the time available), they find that the kid is telling the truth.  Deep in the dry cavern you find a BEL-1X Bellerophon.

Quirks:
Cowl
EM Interference
Unbalanced

Bonus 2
Alongside the Mech there are several crates, with unintelligible labels.  Cracking them open, your team finds several spare parts, possibly intended to keep this ancient machine running, and even somewhat upgrade it from its Primitive status.  You recover:
x1 Pitban 240 XL fusion engine, circa 2760 (no heat sinks)
x2 lower leg, x2 Foot Actuators for a 60-ton Mech
x1 60-ton Mech Sensors
Several sub-containers of various myomer lubricants, cooling hoses, and so forth.  (Enough has survived to offset maintenance costs on 1 standard Mech for 1 month)
Out of curiosity, at what point does a mech stop being primitive?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »

Out of curiosity, at what point does a mech stop being primitive?

IIRC, when all primitive components are removed.  It's like "Advanced Tech"; if you have even one piece of FoundTech on your Mech, it gets counted as being Advanced Tech for purposes of Dragoons Ratings and unit listings.

Also, I'm wondering if they remembered the damage reduction for physical attacks which take place in water.  The description of the kick against the Mist Lynx certainly doesn't sound like it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3