CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050  (Read 4902 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:47:29 PM »

Final Scenario

Warning: possible TPK.  You need to take this scenario extremely seriously.  Any units or personnel left behind are lost, and it is possible for the unit to be wiped out completely during this mission.

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
New Woodland......New Rolling Hills
CityTech...............CityTech
City Ruins............City Ruins

Deployed forces, Gray Death Legion (standard model unless otherwise noted)
CPT Davis McCall, 3/4, Rifleman, Edge 4, Lucky, Blood Stalker, Hot Dog, Tactics +4, CO
SGT Winston Royale, 4/5, Javelin
SGT Philip Ashburn, 4/4, Shadow Hawk
SGT Teresa Stauble, 4/5, Catapult

Lt Tracy Maxwell Kent, 3/3, Phoenix Hawk 3D.  Edge 1, Tactics +2
SGT Tomas Reid, 3/4, Griffin
SGT Carles Lovell, 4/4, Centurion
SGT Dan Romig, 4/4 Rifleman

Lt Gomez de Villar, 3/3, Griffin.  Edge 1, Tactics +3, Tactical Genuis, Jumping Jack XO
SGT Charles Bear, 3/4, Crusader Custom (DHS Swap, lose MGs and MG ammo for torso CASE, short 0.5tons).  EDG 3, Wpn Spec LRM15, Oblique Attacker
SGT Mai Li-Fong, 3/3 Vindicator
SGT Craig Priestly, 4/6, Dervish

Gray Death Air Group
Union DropShip 3/3  (2 ASF bays)
Fortress DropShip 4/4 (2 ASF bays)
Leopard DropShip 5/4 (2 ASF bays)
Mule DropShip 5/4 (2 ASF bays)
Corsair 3/4
Corsair 3/4
Sparrowhawk 4/4
Sparrowhawk 4/4
Lucifer 4/5
Lucifer 4/5
Eagle 3/4
Eagle 3/4

Deployed Forces, Numenorean Rangers
Any 3 lances from the following list: Skaraborg, Crusher, Ice, Bright, Wolverine, Phoenix, Dragon.  The Ranger CO must designate a local commander, who is considered the overall Force XO (after the GDL's Davis McCall).

Dictator DropShip (0 ASF bays)
Triumph DropShip (6 ASF bays)
Any desired ASFs, up to the total number of available bays

Spearhead force, 124th Striker Cluster, Bravo Beak
1 - Star Commander Mangu Roshak, 1/3, Stormcrow B, XO1, Tactics +2, Edge 2, Cluster Hitter, Hot Dog
1 - Warrior Bortai, 3/3, Hellbringer A, Edge 1
1 - Warrior Sinthia, 2/3, Stormcrow Prime
1 - Warrior Iggan 3/4, Summoner A, Jumping Jack
1 - Warrior Edward 3/4, Hellbringer Prime, Edge 1

Hammer Force, Jade Falcon Golden Keshik, Trinary Bravo
Bravo Beak 1 - recycles; as units from this Star are destroyed, they are recycled onto the board from their deployment zone the next turn without Edge or SPAs
1 - Star Captain Ostin Roshak, 1/1, Dire Wolf Prime, CO, Tactics +5, Edge 3, Speed Demon, Hot Dog, Sniper
1 - Warrior Killup, 2/2, Warhawk Prime, Edge 2, Sharpshooter
1 - Warrior Iston, 1/2, Gargoyle A , Edge 2, Cluster Hitter
1 - Warrior Zass, 2/2, Timber Wolf B
1 - Warrior Bendic, 2/3, Black Lanner A, Edge 2, Dodge, Oblique Attacker

Bravo Beak 2
4 - Star Commander Hitoon Fischer, 1/2, Night Gyr Prime, XO2, Edge 2, 6th Sense
3 - Warrior Dash, 2/3, Executioner Prime, Stand-aside
3 - Warrior Crowe, 2/2, Gargoyle, Edge 2, Marksman, Multitasker
4 - Warrior Jessica, 0/3, Night Gyr B, Edge 2, Speed Demon
4 - Warrior Cal, 1/2, Dire Wolf A, Enviro Spec: Hills, Forest; Pain Resistance

124th Striker Cluster, Echo Wing
Visigoth A, 3/3
Visigoth A, 3/3
Turk Prime, 3/4
Turk Prime, 3/4
Sulla Prime, 4/4
Sulla Prime, 4/4
Jagatai C, 4/4
Jagatai C, 4/4
Batu Prime, 4/4
Batu Prime, 4/4

Sudeten Militia
GDL CPT Delmar Clay, 2/3, Wolverine
SGT Starkley, 4/5, Archer
SGT Jones, 4/4, Warhammer
SGT Hernandez, 4/2, Hatchetman
SGT Smith, 3/3, Phoenix Hawk
SGT Rickenbacker, 3/4, Thunderbolt

Deployment
Clan Forces: Units enter along the north edge of the mapsheet on their initiative.  Units from the Golden Keshik may not enter the board within 5 hexes of a unit from the 124th.  Additionally, no unit may enter the battlefield until the turn number listed next to the unit listing.  "4 - Warrior Cal, Dire Wolf A" may not enter until Turn 4 of the battle.

Gray Death Deployment:  Gray Death DropShips are located on the map.  ASFs begin the game stowed in their bays.  Assume the Fortress and Mule can each carry 2 ASFs.  Note which DropShips hold which ASFs.  Gray Death Mech forces are deployed on the northern 2 mapsheets, or on the north "half" of the central mapsheets.

Ranger Deployment:  Ranger DropShips are located on the map.  ASFs begin the game stowed in their bays.  Note which DropShips hold which ASFs. Ranger Mech forces are deployed on the northern 2 mapsheets, or on the north "half" of the central mapsheets (if their movement is 5/8 or better) or anywhere on the central mapsheets (if their movement is 4/6 or worse).

Sudeten Militia Deployment: This force begins the game off-board.  Beginning on Turn 5 or at any point thereafter, it may enter from either board edge along the central mapsheets; this need not be determined until it enters the battle (as historically it was a surprise to both sides of the battle).

Clan Air Group Deployment: Fighters enter play adjacent to the "moon", at Velocity 1, facing away from the moon, starting on the same turn that any DropShip appears on the space map.  Up to 2 Clan ASFs may deploy per turn.

Ranger and Gray Death ASF deployment: Fighters may be deployed by the units carrying them on the turn they appear on the space map.  All NR or GDL DropShips may deploy up to 2 ASFs per turn.  They may chose their facing, and are considered to deploy at Velocity 2 prior to spending thrust.

Space Map DropShip Deployment: When a DropShip appears on the space map, it is placed along the southernmost hexrow, at Velocity 3, in any desired unoccupied hex.

Environmental Conditions
1) No buildings have basements (pre-fab huts)
2) Pavement on the CityTech Mechs are considered to be Clear terrain.  Pavement on the City Ruins maps uses the normal Pavement rules.

Ground Map BSP
None.  The Clans have no access to BSP purchases, and all artillery and ASFs are loaded for takeoff.  As a note: the Fortress DropShip has a Long Tom in the nose which may fire at will using standard artillery rules (indirect fire only) as long as the DropShip is grounded.

Scenario Special Rules
1) The DropShips are not part of the initial bid and so Clan units will not fire at them, unless the DropShips fire first.

2) By leaving the planet before the conclusion of the battle, the Falcons consider the GDL (and you, by extension) to have broken the bid.  As they are no longer bound by it, they are free to dispatch their ASFs to intercept your outbound DropShips.

3) Mechs must occupy a hex adjacent to a DropShip belonging to their mercenary group to board it.  Up to 2 units/turn may attempt to board the Leopard or Mule, up to 4 units/turn may attempt to board other DropShips. The Triumph is incapable of boarding Mech units.  Boarding a DropShip requires 3 Walking MP, spend in the direction of the DropShip's central hex, and a successful PSR.  On a failure, the Mech must try again the following turn.  A failure with a result of 2 ("snake eyes") results in the Mech becoming stuck; it MUST try to board again the following turn, and the PSR suffers a +2 penalty.  DropShips may not lift off with a Mech stuck in a bay door.  Mechs boarding a DropShip do so in the Movement Phase and thus may not fire or be fired upon if they successfully board.  DropShips may lift off at any time during the Movement Phase, with or without a full complement (4 for Leopard, 12 for Fortress Union or Mule, or 36 for Dictator), but from the time the last desired Mech boards the DropShip there is a delay of 1 full game turn.  They then require a delay of 1 full game turn to reach the space map.

4) Any game unit within 2 hexes of the Leopard's Aft or within 3 hexes of the Spheroid DropShips with they take off are automatically destroyed.  Units 1 hex further out suffer 15 damage in groups of 5 and 10 Heat.  Units 1 hex further out than that suffer 5 heat.  Any unprotected infantry (or pilots) within any area of effect are killed with no possibility of using Edge.

5) Any ground unit on board a DropShip destroyed in space are considered lost.

6) Clan Units are not bound be zellbringen dueling rules in this engagement.

7) Delmar Clay has a death wish.  After he enters the board, during Movement, he may declare a duel against a Golden Keshik Clan unit no heaver than 25 tons than his Wolverine, to which he has line of sight.  The Clan unit must accept the duel.  The movement of Clay and the dueling unit occurs first in the round (winner of faction initiative moves last); and no Clan Mechs will approach within 4 hexes of either dueling Mech, or voluntarily end their movement in a manner which directly "blocks" line of sight between the dueling Mechs.  No Clan unit and no Inner Sphere unit may fire into the duel.

8.) DropShips or ASFs which exit the "north" end of the space map have escaped; these units do not require a stationary turn at the board edge.

9) Units from the 124th will continue to attempt Aimed Shots at cockpits to kill any Warriors in disabled or shut down Mechs.  Golden Keshik units will not.

Victory Conditions
GDL/Rangers: Get as many units as possible on board the DropShips and break through the fighter blockade
Clans: Destroy as many enemy Mech units as possible.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »

Dragon requests to take the risk. Can field the atlas, shadow hawk, panther, and vindicator.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:03:44 PM »

Skaraborg actual here.  This is what we're made for.  I'm in.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:29:25 AM »

In guessing this is the who wants a new lance mission?

This could be the hey guys ready for the reset button now that we have a good idea of what rules are
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:31 AM »

Not necessarily.  Although if we were running the original mission it 100% would be, because the original mission in the Day of Heroes scenario pack is completely unwinnable.  Like, embarrassingly so.  And that's ignoring the aerospace side of things (where the original force balance was 3 DropShips and 6 ASF - taking off 1 and 2 at a time, respectively - against a full star of Clan Heavy ASFs).

I strongly believe that the above scenario is *winnable*, though it will require significant thought, planning, cooperation between players, and a possible willingness to sacrifice some Mechs or pilots.

But with that said, any sort of space game is high-risk to the units involved, and yes a TPK is possible.  That is what representing the actual events of the timeline requires, since this situation you are in did in fact happen here and now.

Side note: I am writing a short rules packet to make everyone's life easier for the space combat game.  However, I'm also typing this message while literally waiting on Calloway Cleaning and Restoration to get here and tell me why I had a literal river of water flowing through the exhaust fan vent in my 2nd floor bathroom last night, so it may not happen on short notice.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:47:10 AM »

Not necessarily.  Although if we were running the original mission it 100% would be, because the original mission in the Day of Heroes scenario pack is completely unwinnable.  Like, embarrassingly so.  And that's ignoring the aerospace side of things (where the original force balance was 3 DropShips and 6 ASF - taking off 1 and 2 at a time, respectively - against a full star of Clan Heavy ASFs).

I strongly believe that the above scenario is *winnable*, though it will require significant thought, planning, cooperation between players, and a possible willingness to sacrifice some Mechs or pilots.

But with that said, any sort of space game is high-risk to the units involved, and yes a TPK is possible.  That is what representing the actual events of the timeline requires, since this situation you are in did in fact happen here and now.

Side note: I am writing a short rules packet to make everyone's life easier for the space combat game.  However, I'm also typing this message while literally waiting on Calloway Cleaning and Restoration to get here and tell me why I had a literal river of water flowing through the exhaust fan vent in my 2nd floor bathroom last night, so it may not happen on short notice.

I mean I have no qualms on this one I'm surprised the unit wasnt dropped to 60% by now

Well semi surprised considering our old co lance has a death wish and skaraborg keeps nearly sacrificing his assault demi lance drawing fire and then replacing his losses with yet more assaults lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:52:13 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »

Point of clarification for the clan ROE: Does 1 DropShip firing make all DropShips fair game, or all DropShips of that unit, or just that DropShip?

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 09:59:18 AM »

Point of clarification for the clan ROE: Does 1 DropShip firing make all DropShips fair game, or all DropShips of that unit, or just that DropShip?

They're all fair game - I asked this question over the phone to DW earlier.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »

Okay.  We need to be taking this deadly seriously.

I'm volunteering Skaraborg lance for this task.  Evacuation under fire is one of my main roles, and I can take the hits the rest of the lances can't.  I don't mind losing the ancestral Awesome if it means we get everyone out alive.  Hell, I'll sacrifice damn near all of the equipment.  That's what this group does.

Do we have any prepared positions or emplacements, or time to get anything ready?  *anything* to get us time.

Does anyone have thoughts on the other two lances?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »

Dragon will have 6 mechs ready (after actually calculating the time of customs now that its really needed).
Atlas-Range and short range damage
Thunderbolt- ranged support
Shadow Hawk- ranged support with melee capabilities.
Vindicator- ranged support
Cicada- fast hitter with high mods.
Panther- fast hitter with high(er) mods.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »

Dragon will have 6 mechs ready (after actually calculating the time of customs now that its really needed).
Atlas-Range and short range damage
Thunderbolt- ranged support
Shadow Hawk- ranged support with melee capabilities.
Vindicator- ranged support
Cicada- fast hitter with high mods.
Panther- fast hitter with high(er) mods.

*takes deadly seriously*

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 12:27:07 PM »

In regards to the GDL and Sudeten Militia mechs. What variants are they? Or is this sort of a pick and choose kind of thing?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »

In regards to the GDL and Sudeten Militia mechs. What variants are they? Or is this sort of a pick and choose kind of thing?

Scenario writeup says "standard model unless otherwise noted".

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 12:40:39 PM »

Found it. Never mind then.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »

Aerospace Rules Reminder Packet is attached below.  You NEED to download it and look it over.

Note that we are running some things somewhat more simplified; aerospace has a lot of optional rules.  This is not intended as a comprehensive rules packet; it's just there as a reminder about the most common questions we're going to have, in verbiage a lot easier to read than StratOps.  Just because Random Movement isn't in the packet, for example, doesn't mean that we aren't using Random Movement.  In general, if it's in Total Warfare and has to do with space combat, we're using it (and it may be clarified in the packet; for example, the movement described in the packet precludes using true vector movement, so we're not using that).  Alternatively, if it's a StratOps rule specifically mentioned in the packet, we're using it.  Otherwise, we aren't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8