CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: October 3rd Contract Market  (Read 978 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
October 3rd Contract Market
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:56:40 AM »

For purposes of signing a contract (and reintegration of the campaign with AtB) your contract signing date is October 3rd.  While you cannot normal interact with the contract market during transit, I'm allowing an exception this time.  You will not have "taken off" from Sudeten as far as AtB is concerned until after a decision on which contract to take has been reached.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: October 3rd Contract Market
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:28 AM »

Liber would be my first choice (assuming we can get better salvage rights), even if we do not get much salvage, roughly 1.5m per month for each lance is a pretty good. Next would be Compass, assuming we get better salvage. Also the dates are off entirely. The start date on one is 10/3/3050, despite it being 184 days out.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »

Quick question.  How many lances do we have that are ready to go?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:24:29 AM »

If by ready to go you mean can field a full lance, I believe everyone. We’ll be adding lance commanders I believe for Ice and Dragon.  We need to figure out what the official in universe status is for Dunedain.  I expect combat damage from the most recent fight should be repaired by the time we’d make planet fall.

If any lance isn’t field capable, please say so ASAP.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:27:22 AM »

If by ready to go you mean can field a full lance, I believe everyone. We’ll be adding lance commanders I believe for Ice and Dragon.  We need to figure out what the official in universe status is for Dunedain.  I expect combat damage from the most recent fight should be repaired by the time we’d make planet fall.

Also don't we need an XO?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »

Going to roll out my character today to make sure we can proceed in a timely manner.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »

Yes. I need to review the chain of command and make sure we’ve got an XO and a 3IC.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »

Yes. I need to review the chain of command and make sure we’ve got an XO and a 3IC.

I'm kind of tempted to have Kronwall try for one of those positions so the good colonel can get some pitching practice whenever I open the door.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 11:03:22 AM »

On a serious note, I'm thinking Compas or Liber.  Compass gets us working faster but a longer contract.  Liber takes longer to get to but a short fast contract.  Added bonus of we are technically on a factory world at the end.  We're also raiding a capital world though...

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »

While we are floating in space, how will the new COs come in? Are we to assume they just get dropped off right on the ship after a contract is signed?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »

While we are floating in space, how will the new COs come in? Are we to assume they just get dropped off right on the ship after a contract is signed?

Don't worry about it.  (Also, yes, I saw your thread, but the answers to your questions were too complicated for 2am, which is why I did contracts instead and didn't answer them.)

LT Hartmann: I would personally prefer Liber or Compass.  I don't think we want to deal with any more of these Clanners, so Remus is out, and Ten-Go sounds like suicide.  A relief mission against the Clans, and did you hear about Turtle Bay?  Just on the news, some other group of Clanners called the Smoked Leopards or something broke the Ares Conventions and wiped out the planet from orbit or something, and I don't particularly want to go up against them right now.  

Trachtenburg is ok (what kind of name is that for an operation anyway), 90% salvage is nice, but it's the Rim Collection so it's going to be 90% of crap.  The other Drac op, Whatever-Ron, is against the Lyrans, which isn't a deal-breaker but I don't think they're going to appreciate us for it, and the BLC is garbage.  Plus, what happens if the Clans push in that far?

Compass looks like it gets us out of the path of the Clanners, they're saying it's against a decent force for a Periphery planet, the pay is decent, and they're open to negotiations about the salvage and BLC.

Liber puts us WAY out of the path of the Clans, the Leaguers are willing to negotiate everything, and again, the pay is decent.  It also gets me personally far away from Lori Carlyle.  I think she's mad at me for some reason.  It's a long travel time, but if we have to work out in the Periphery, I can think of worse places to end up than in Canopian space in general, and on Canopus IV in particular.

EDIT:
Freya is combat capable, but with no reserve.  Current maximum fieldable BV2 is 5,375.
Elsa Hartmann (elite) - Grasshopper
Maria Riebera (elite) - Crusader
Elizabeth Vicious (vet) - Pixie LAM
Leigh Montgomery (vet) - Javelin

Grace Park - Elite Tech
Jasmine Lehman - Vet Tech
Angela Constantino - Regular Tech
Tawnee Stone - Green Tech

Sasha Grey - Elite Doc
Jessica Stoyadinovich - Vet Doc

No reserve Mechs, minimal spare parts count for the Crusader and LAM.  Unlikely to have any retirements; everyone will be 32 or less during the next cycle, and I have plenty of cash on hand for retention bonuses.  I personally want to prioritize picking up a 5th MechWarrior and Mech, and 1 or 2 more Regular or Veteran Techs ASAP.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:42:06 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »

No worries. If you have an answer to question 2, that would be all I require. Thank you either way.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »

Not field capable.

Crusher can field the CO in the custom Catapult, the LAM with a vet pilot, and a Wolverine II with a pilot barely better than a technician. I also have a Firestarter with no pilot.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »

Skaraborg Lance is ready to go outside of the BV cap.  I'm a little awkward parts wise, but nothing too terrible unless operational tempo gets crazy.

Awesome Kronwall
Awesome Oduya
Phawk Goalie
Turkina Kronwall
Royal Highlander

1 PC, 1 assault rated, 1 medium, 1 assault/medium rated pilot.  Technical staff is good, but I may space Bobrovosky for signing with Florida.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »

No matter what I volunteer for bullet catcher duty as usual.
Pages: [1] 2