CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Operation LIBER Mission 2 - 6/17/3051  (Read 2541 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Operation LIBER Mission 2 - 6/17/3051
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »

Final Scenario

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
Open Terrain 3
City Ruins
Battleforce 2

Deployment
Ranger Deployment: Deploy within 3 hexes of the southern board edge

OPFOR Deployment: Deploy within 10 hexes of hex 0909 on the City Ruins map

Ranger Reinforcements (1 lance maximum): May enter from the southern edge of the map during their Initiative Phase, or may airdrop up to halfway up the map after a 2-turn time delay.

OPFOR Reinforcements: Enters on their initiative count from either the eastern or western side (decided BEFORE game start) of the southern half of the Open Terrain map.

Environmental Effects:
Farm Silos: A face-down card with "explosive" or "non-explosive" should be randomly assigned to each silo (neither player should be aware of which type of card is assigned to any silo).  If a silo is struck with weapons fire (whether intentionally or not, using the Tactical Operations "missed shots" rules), roll 2d6 at the end of the weapons fire phase.  On an 8+, flip the card.  If the card revealed is "non-explosive", nothing happens.  If the card revealed is "explosive", the silo detonates as an improvised fuel-air explosive device**.  Each unit within the hex suffers 40 AE damage (groups of 5) and instantly adds +5 heat (or +1d6 additional damage) and is automatically knocked prone (or crashes and suffers an automatic motive critical hit, if a hover unit).  Each unit adjacent to the hex suffers 25 AE damage and must make a PSR at a +3 penalty or be knocked prone (hovers will crash instead, as described above).  Each unit 1 hex further out than that suffers 5 AE damage and Mech units only must make a PSR at no penalty.  As this is AE damage, it is doubled against any buildings in the affected area (ie, the buildings go away).

A silo destroyed by another silo does not cause a chain reaction (there's no thermal effect to ignite the grain).

**Warning: IRL math content: For an 18-meter tall grain silo to detonate, its stoichiometric ratio is approximately 15% fuel to air.  An 18-meter tall (3 levels) silo is generally 15 meters in diameter, producing a volume of 3180 cubic meters.  Therefore, ~477 cubic meters of grain is required to achieve a 15% fuel-air ratio.  Grain weighs about 550kg per cubic meter, which we'll just call 0.5 tons/cubic meter.  With ~477 m-3 of fuel, this results in about 235 tons of grain.  A grain explosion has roughly 1/3rd the yield of an equivalent mass of TNT, thus we should expect a perfect yield of approximately 78 tons of TNT, but in practice this never happens (the grain isn't perfectly distributed within the air of the silo) and for estimation purposes we usually assume this is halved.  A silo should therefore be equivalent of ~38 tons of TNT, or given the known yield of existing BattleTech thermobaric weapons (a "Large Thermobaric" is equivalent to a 10-ton device), therefore one should expect a silo explosion to have a roughly a 90/60/30/10 damage pattern, though not the resultant thermal effects.  However, we're rounding down from there to the listed effects for gameplay purposes.

Battlefield Support
Rangers may select up to 20 points of Battlefield support.  The MOC gains a minimum of 10 BSP, and may select up to 90% of the Rangers' point value (rounding up).  The MOC has full access to air and artillery units in this scenario, but may not deploy minefields.

PCs Victory Conditions:
1) End the game with at least 8 units (which began the scenario on-board) within 3 hexes of the north board edge. 
2) Destroy or cripple at least 6 MOC units.
**Each Ranger Unit which actually exits the northern board edge grants 1 Random Bonus to its controller.

OPFOR Victory Conditions:
1) Prevent the Rangers from achieving Victory condition 1.
2) Destroy or cripple at least 6 Ranger units.

Misc Rules
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environments MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).

2)The MOC forces will attempt to capture ejected MechWarriors for ransom instead of shooting them.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2019, 06:31:29 PM »

Whose going to be reinforcement and when shall we make a plan?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 05:33:35 AM »

Minis?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »

Which lances are available for reinforcement?  I know a few of them have been torn up on solo missions right now.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 05:03:46 PM »

I believe because of the missions that have happened and is to happen that there is only 3 Lance's ready and available. Bright, Reaper, and Freya. One of Freya's pilots still has a pilot hit. Also, it looks like most likely these are the ones available for the next mission also maybe adding Crusher and Wolverine to that list.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »

Crusher wont be there and wolverine has a second solo if he takes it. I'm leaning towards reaper to fit everyone in

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »

Crusher wont be there and wolverine has a second solo if he takes it. I'm leaning towards reaper to fit everyone in

I was listing Wolverine and Crusher as possible additions for Mission 3. We played Wolverine's solo mission over the weekend.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 05:32:31 PM »

His second solo happens 2 days after this mission.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »

Minis?

I'm getting that together now.  Logistics posts imminent.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 05:35:14 PM »

Sheets are printed and Maps I do have. Had Jon print me a sheet for each map, including those 8 from the other game.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 06:01:04 PM »

His second solo happens 2 days after this mission.

Correct. He is not in mission 2 and we played his second solo Monday because we had the time and it doesn't affect this mission.

So for mission 2 it looks like Bright. Reaper, or Freya for reinforcements.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 06:14:25 PM »

Sheets are printed and Maps I do have. Had Jon print me a sheet for each map, including those 8 from the other game.

Got it.  Sheets (incl. Laision sheet) confirmed printed.

Minis

Marauder II - Rob (MOC colors)
Banshee
Warhammer - Rob (MOC colors)
Catapult - Rob (Generic Camo)

Awesome- Rob (MOC colors)
Archer- Rob (MOC colors)
Guillotine
Thud - Rob (Generic Camo)

Griffin - Rob (Generic Camo)
Phoenix Hawk - Rob (MOC colors)
Rifleman - Rob (MOC colors)
Shadow Hawk - Rob (MOC colors)

Cicada - Rob (Generic Camo)
Clint - Rob (MOC colors)

I have a Banshee in Blue/White, and I have a Guillotine in WoB Black/white fade.  I'd prefer someone else had better colors for them, though.

Also, Dan, are you missing a Jade Falcon Black Hawk?  I evidently have one on my shelf that's clearly one of my paint jobs (in Green/Yellow), but the base color doesn't match up and I think it might be from the Star I did for you.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »

Deadly has a Banshee is generic colors.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »

I have a Guillotine in olive drab (Orlov lives again!)  Dunno about the Hawk, just bring it.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

Reaper, whats your lance status?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5