CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Tukayyid Randomization Rolls  (Read 741 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Tukayyid Randomization Rolls
« on: January 12, 2020, 02:05:00 AM »

Good news!  I can't sleep (too charged from the hockey game), so I'm doing this now.  Note that you can still access the marketplace and make acquisition rolls until the post goes up that the group has lifted off from Cap Rouge.

Opposing Clan
1. Smoke Jaguar
2. Ghost Bear
3. Wolf
4. Jade Falcon
5. Nova Cat
6. Steel Viper
7. Diamond Shark

Rolled 1d7 : 4, total 4

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Tukayyid Randomization Rolls
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 02:13:46 AM »

Rangers assigned to army:

11th Army
3rd Army
1st Army
4th Army

Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 08:44:06 PM »

For reference, the 4th is normally in the vicinity of the Cappellan and Sarna March's, with a division or so usually sputtering around in St Ives

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 11:24:33 PM »

For reference, the 4th is normally in the vicinity of the Cappellan and Sarna March's, with a division or so usually sputtering around in St Ives

As it relates to us, this doesn't matter.

The 4th Army on Tukayyid fights against the Bears first, and then the Falcons as a reinforcement unit.  Since I rolled out the Falcons as your OPFOR, we'll be focusing on that portion of their engagement on Tukayyid.  The 4th is a largely green army, so having a merc unit experienced in the fighting the Clans in general and the Falcons in particular makes sense.

I'm doing a little bit of more in-depth research on Tukayyid, and have come to a couple of irritating conclusions.  Primarily, no day-by-day timeline exists for the Battle of Tukayyid.  Additionally, specific events seem to be mutually-contradictory, for example, it's pointed out in Lost Destiny in a conversation between Ulric and Focht that it took ComStar ~2 weeks to drive off the Bears to get reinforcements into the Falcon combat zone.  However, reading the Falcon Guard novel, it's possible to count the rough number of days between the time the Falcons landed (100% certainty on May 1st), and when they fled the planet...that number is somewhere between 4 and 8, but certainly no more than 8 days.  The Bears and Falcons landed both on May 1st (every Clan but Wolf did), and so the time simply doesn't and cannot synch up. 

Here is a brief list of sources examined:
Jade Falcon and Wolf Sourcebooks
Tukayyid Scenario pack (has no dates at all!)
Comstar Sourcebook
Invading Clans Sourcebook
FM: Warden Clans
FM: Crusader Clans
Era Report 3052
Lost Destiny novel (has dates; only applicable to a small subset of Clan Wolf)
Falcon Guard novel
Sarna

Thusly, I will have to conclude that while we will be adhering to canon in "broad strokes", this game will be necessarily less canonically-accurate than, say the events on Sudeten.  Apologies.  I personally blame FASA.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:31 PM »

Rob, thanks for the effort but don't sweat it.  You obviously did more research than they did.  ;)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »

I doubt you will ever be 100% on this one if this is the case. If we go forward with this there would be two options.
1. To change our clan target to something with more data on.
2. Be as accurate as possible.
Us being there will automatically change the lore for us in general, regardless in the end.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »

I doubt you will ever be 100% on this one if this is the case. If we go forward with this there would be two options.
1. To change our clan target to something with more data on.
2. Be as accurate as possible.
Us being there will automatically change the lore for us in general, regardless in the end.

There can be some extrapolation on this. The accurate as possible is the easier route to go and we know obviously typo was made on either falcons entry or the dates used for one side or other. Its easier to explain that the times took longer than expected vs shorter considering the battles themselves.
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »

I'm doing a little bit of more in-depth research on Tukayyid, and have come to a couple of irritating conclusions.  Primarily, no day-by-day timeline exists for the Battle of Tukayyid.  Additionally, specific events seem to be mutually-contradictory, for example, it's pointed out in Lost Destiny in a conversation between Ulric and Focht that it took ComStar ~2 weeks to drive off the Bears to get reinforcements into the Falcon combat zone.  However, reading the Falcon Guard novel, it's possible to count the rough number of days between the time the Falcons landed (100% certainty on May 1st), and when they fled the planet...that number is somewhere between 4 and 8, but certainly no more than 8 days.  The Bears and Falcons landed both on May 1st (every Clan but Wolf did), and so the time simply doesn't and cannot synch up. 
An easy interpretation of the contradictory statements would be that it took 2 weeks to get COMGUARD reinforcements to the Jade Falcon front. They could have easily detached the associated merc commands at an earlier time. The Ghost Bears could have been completely encircled in a few days with even the green troops of the 4th able to maintain the encirclement. Then Focht would be correct in that it took ComStar 2 weeks to finish them off while still having the Rangers fight the Jade Falcons before the majority of their forces withdrew.

Interesting side note question: Do any of the sourcebooks mention if there were diehard clanners who just wouldn't accept defeat short of death? I could easily see the Khans of some of the clans calling their troops back and having them say "Lolwut?! Neg, khan."

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 02:02:45 PM »

No matter the case, we may get our revenge for what they did to us not once, but twice in the FC region. Our patience paid off.