CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Advancing time for the Rangers  (Read 705 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Advancing time for the Rangers
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:35:58 AM »

I am planning on updating the unit history to reflect the time jump. I am happy to include updates for your character as well. Is there anything you want reflected?  Steve’s character will be leaving the unit during that time and he was the XO, so there are opportunities for changes in leadership. Because your character is officially retired from the campaign you have the flexibility to become a noble somewhere, strike out and form your own mercenary unit, have great and/or tragic things happen. Let me know if there’s anything I should account for. Thanks.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Advancing time for the Rangers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »

Lynn stayed on as XO after several arguments across Moons hospital bed. Moon came back to active service after healing but took almost up until this time to get back physical shape etc from the nuking. Faith moved on to work in secret with (redacted) taking an alternate identity. Booth stayed on as did Ribert. Can fluff more later.
Die Clanner!!!!

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Advancing time for the Rangers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 12:29:30 PM »

July 3054, Capella, Numenorean Rangers HQ
A knock sounds on Col. Atayde’s office door.  “Colonel, got a minute?  We need to talk,” asks LtCol Mudd standing in the open doorway.

“Sure Benton,” replies the Ranger’s CO.  “Or is it Roger, today?  I’m having trouble keeping it all straight.”

“Roger will do today, Kato.  In fact, that’s one of the things we need to talk about.”  Benton closes the door and stretches out on the couch in the corner of the office.

“Make yourself at home, number one”, kids Kato as he pulls up a chair.

“First, Kato, repairs are continuing on schedule and radiation treatments are continuing for everyone exposed to the nuke.  I still can’t believe Comstar would stoop that low.”

“There is going to be a reconning someday, I promise you, Roger”, states Kato simply.

“Okay, other matters then”, Roger continues.  “After all that has happened lately, I need to make some changes in my life.  First and most important, Benton Mudd dies today.  The deception has gone on long enough and it’s time I returned to who I truly am.  The assassination attempt by members of my own government has upended my reality.  I need to return to New Avalon and dig out the corruption and rot that is infecting the FedSuns government.”

“That’s a tall order, Roger.  How can I and the Rangers help?”

“For now, I’m not sure, Kato.  But there is something you can do in the short term.  I am resigning as XO of the Rangers and I will be returning to the fold of Team Banzai.  My father is retiring from active duty running the unit to concentrate on teaching at NAIS.  My older sister Anna, has taken command of Team Banzai and she will need my help.  Short term, Jade [Sgt Lewis] and I are getting married before we leave, and we were wondering if you would perform the ceremony?”

“Well, it’s about damn time!” grins the Ranger’s CO.  “It would be an honor.”
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."