CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SAPPHIRE Mission 3 - 11/1/3060  (Read 5104 times)

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: SAPPHIRE Mission 3 - 11/1/3060
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2024, 09:07:56 AM »

Maps - all accounted for

Minis: updated.  Still missing a few.  Seriously, does anyone have any smaller turrets?

Sheets - Deadly has them, including Turret sheet.

SPAs - printed. 

We should be generally good to go, as long as we can get an answer on the last few minis.  I could NOT figure out how the hell none of us seem to own a Pouncer given all of the plastic crack we've all bought over the last 5 years, and I had to go look up which Clan box it came in.  Turns out, the Pouncer is *only* available in the Alpha Strike box, which I never bought for myself.  So I just broke into Eli's copy of the box and stole his for the game.  I'll probably end up going on ebay at some near point and buying singles of the Alpha Strike box exclusives, because they're actually relevant units and I'm not buying more copies of an $80 box.

I have the smaller turrets from a decade or so ago that we usually live in my box

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2024, 09:23:05 AM »

Naga will have to be proxy. Dans been on one hell of a week. He was going to ship them off but hasn't even had time for that. I haven't either so longbows and unpainted naga it is.

Also I mean I have some smaller turrets but Dan also has the smaller turrets.

Also deadly dropped off a naga which means we should have enough with the 2 listed proxy as is. I have wyvern iic as well.

- edit DEADLYS NAGA IS ALREADY AT ROBS
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 11:15:39 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2024, 10:09:15 AM »

Naga will have to be proxy. Dans been on one hell of a week. He was going to ship them off but hasn't even had time for that. I haven't either so longbows and unpainted naga it is.

Also deadly dropped off a naga which means we should have enough with the 2 listed proxy as is. I have wyvern iic as well.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2024, 10:09:33 AM »

I HATE YOU CLOUDSTRIKE.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2024, 01:56:39 PM »

I've got a few small turrets as well, I'll bring them.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2024, 05:19:01 PM »

I will be bringing my Pouncer as well.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2024, 06:49:32 PM »

Well turrets have been misplaced. Someone bring theirs
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2024, 08:51:13 PM »

Game on the 20th is canceled. It will be rescheduled for August.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2024, 01:30:14 AM »

OK, guys, thank you all for your understanding.  I'm hugely sorry, and I owe you an explanation for what happened.

Saturday evening was Elessar's debut as a soloist in an opera.  Paul McCartney's Liverpool Oratorio is having its world premiere at Music Hall, and Eli's opening night was Saturday.  Unfortunately, the Friday Cloudstrike outage that screwed up the internet everywhere also hit the Music Hall ticketing system.  Anyone who didn't have season tickets suddenly no longer had a ticket at all.  Including our Comp Tickets.  So the solution Music Hall came up with (in fairness, under hideous time pressure) was that if you wanted a ticket to the performance, you had to show up at the Box Office - first come, first served - starting at 2pm on Saturday, to get a brand new ticket.  You had to have an ID, because they recorded everyone's ID so that if there was another outage they'd be able to verify your purchase when you came back that evening.

All this meant that we had to stand in line to get our tickets for a good chunk of the afternoon, and I couldn't pawn it off on Maria since they needed my ID.  I saw no alternative but to cancel the game to make that possible, and, while I appreciate you all, I was not sacrificing seeing my kid's professional debut as a soloist in favor of a poorly-balanced tabletop wargame about giant fighting robots.

This scenario will be played on August 24th.  There will be an opportunity to swap out Spectre Lance for someone else's force (at no in-game penalty) because Ryan is heading to college.  I will also TRY and arrange a moderately-sized scenario for Ryan before he leaves, but with the reality of GenCon scheduling that may not happen.  Thank you all again for your patience and understanding. 

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2024, 12:00:54 PM »

OK, guys, thank you all for your understanding.  I'm hugely sorry, and I owe you an explanation for what happened.

Saturday evening was Elessar's debut as a soloist in an opera.  Paul McCartney's Liverpool Oratorio is having its world premiere at Music Hall, and Eli's opening night was Saturday.  Unfortunately, the Friday Cloudstrike outage that screwed up the internet everywhere also hit the Music Hall ticketing system.  Anyone who didn't have season tickets suddenly no longer had a ticket at all.  Including our Comp Tickets.  So the solution Music Hall came up with (in fairness, under hideous time pressure) was that if you wanted a ticket to the performance, you had to show up at the Box Office - first come, first served - starting at 2pm on Saturday, to get a brand new ticket.  You had to have an ID, because they recorded everyone's ID so that if there was another outage they'd be able to verify your purchase when you came back that evening.

All this meant that we had to stand in line to get our tickets for a good chunk of the afternoon, and I couldn't pawn it off on Maria since they needed my ID.  I saw no alternative but to cancel the game to make that possible, and, while I appreciate you all, I was not sacrificing seeing my kid's professional debut as a soloist in favor of a poorly-balanced tabletop wargame about giant fighting robots.

This scenario will be played on August 24th.  There will be an opportunity to swap out Spectre Lance for someone else's force (at no in-game penalty) because Ryan is heading to college.  I will also TRY and arrange a moderately-sized scenario for Ryan before he leaves, but with the reality of GenCon scheduling that may not happen.  Thank you all again for your patience and understanding. 

I am actually already working on said scenario.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2024, 12:28:37 PM »

Very understandable, and very cool for Elessar !

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2024, 01:46:56 AM »

OK, checking back in.  I did not die from Covid.  I just really, really, wanted to.

So. Does anyone have any questions or concerns about the game on the 24th?  We know we won't have Ryan there, so I'd like the Local CO (who IIRC is Paul) to pull a lance in from Training; this won't hurt or affect the contract because it's about an IRL issue, and the lance pulled from Training will be fully combat-capable (or, at least, as capable as their current repair status indicates).

I've picked up another Naga, so in theory we should now have enough to actually run the scenario.  Can people give their collections another look-through and see if they have anything else we may be missing, please?

Finally, I'd like to request people arrive at my folks' place around 0900 if possible, so we can start a bit earlier.  I'm thinking another group pizza order as well so we don't have to break for an hour while people make food treks.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2024, 08:19:03 AM »

Sorry you went through it, glad you're on the mend.  Pizza's fine and 9 AM works.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2024, 08:20:03 AM »

Paladin will start, Jazz reinforcement.

The Harmacist

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2024, 09:36:31 AM »

I have a painted pouncer if you would like to use that instead of an unpainted mini, i also have a thunder hawk, jenner & stinger if you do not want to use proxies
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 09:38:12 AM by The Harmacist »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4