CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: Campaign Rewards - 3070  (Read 1497 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Campaign Rewards - 3070
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:37:45 PM »

Warriors of the Watch,

You all have performed admirably during the brief campaign to smash the Dark Caste on Barcella.  The facilities taken near the south pole of that planet have raised some troubling questions about the nature of highly-placed members of the Clan Councils, and foreshadow dark times ahead.  The Watch must stand ready to defend the Way of the Clans from all threats, external or otherwise.  I remind you all again of your oaths binding yourselves and your forces to the Watch first and foremost, above even your ties to your home Clan.  We know not who equipped these bandit surats, but it was clearly forces from an existing Homeworld Clan, which in turn means that a Homeworld Clan was responsible for the attempted recovery of atomic devices.  Remember your oath!

All involved commands will undergo a short period of rest and refit.  This period will have the following game effects:

ALL commands will reset their WCP counters to a total of 700, plus three times your Avatar's Logistics bonus, plus an amount equal to (35,000-your force BV)/25.  The latter BV-related value has a minimum of 0 (it cannot COST you BV). No, 35k is not a typo.

In addition, each command may select ONE of the following effects to apply immediately to their force (this will take place *after* the above WCP reset, for BV purposes).  No command is forced to take any of the following options.

1) You may directly swap up to two points for two new points of the same type and mass.

2) You may swap up to two non-infantry points for two new points of a different, non-aerospace type.  These new points must be a lighter mass category than the ones they replace (ie, you can swap 1 Heavy Mech point for a Medium or Light Vehicle Point).

3) You may reduce the mass of one Mech point by one category to completely replace a second Mech point (of any mass ) with a vehicle point of a mass category equal to that of the point replaced. (ie, Rob replaces his Stormcrow [Medium] with a Fire Falcon [light], and then replaces his Hellbringer [Heavy] with a pair of Athena Combat Vehicles [Heavy])

4) You may reduce the mass of two Mech points by one category to completely replace a third Mech point (of any mass) with a Light or Medium Aerospace Fighter point. (ie, Rob replaces his Stormcrow [Medium] with a Fire Falcon [light], and then replaces his Hellbringer [Heavy] with a Stormcrow [Medium].  He then replaces his Summoner with a pair of Batu ASFs [Light])**

5) You may reduce the mass of one Assault and one Heavy Mech point by one category each to replace a third Mech point (of Heavy or Assault Mass) with a Heavy Aerospace Fighter Point. (ie, Rob replaces his Dire Wolf [Assault] with a Timber Wolf {Heavy] and his Summoner [Heavy] with a Stormcrow [Medium].  He then replaces his Gargoyle [Assault] with a pair of Scytha ASFs [Heavy]).**

6) You may directly replace one ProtoMech or Battle Armor Point with a Light Mech or Vehicle Point.

7) You may directly swap up to 6 points as you see fit between your various Stars (swapping Point 3, Star 1 and Point 4, Star 2, would be moving TWO points)

8.) You may add a single point of edge to any two units.  This point will refill automatically every mission.  This may not be given to your Avatar.

I thought I posted this two weeks ago.  Sorry, folks.

**There is a limit of 1 ASF point per force (see Master Rules Thread and Changelog as well).

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Rewards - 3070
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:31:50 AM »

Clarification:

Is 35k BV the new unit cap? Will changes need to bring unit composition into line with 35k?

1. Did you intend that to be mass? So a 60 ton mech must be swapped for a 60 ton mech. Not heavy for heavy. For type, are you getting down to battlemechs vs. Omnimech for type or is that mech/vehicle/etc.?
6. Is that also a LIGHT vehicle point?
7. How does this interact with star commander edge? Min/maxed instincts say to move all edged star commanders to star 1 for best munchkinning.
8. See 7.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »

Clarification:

Is 35k BV the new unit cap? Will changes need to bring unit composition into line with 35k?

No, it's not.

1. Did you intend that to be mass? So a 60 ton mech must be swapped for a 60 ton mech. Not heavy for heavy. For type, are you getting down to battlemechs vs. Omnimech for type or is that mech/vehicle/etc.?

That's correct - the mass and type must be the same.  But it allows you to swap an Omni for a 2nd-liner (or vice-versa) or if you don't like a given chassis or variant, switch it for free.

6. Is that also a LIGHT vehicle point?

As there is no comma between "Mech" and "or", that would be an accurate reading of the English sentence, yes.

7. How does this interact with star commander edge? Min/maxed instincts say to move all edged star commanders to star 1 for best munchkinning.

Each Star is still required to have a Star Commander; that's a global rule.  Since - in the instance of moving a Star Commander to a different Star - this would mean you wouldn't have a Star Commander in the old Star, you'd be in violation of that global rule and wouldn't be able to make the change.  I believe I've mentioned a couple of times so far that if you can interpret a rule as clearly munchkin-y or clearly in violation of the fluff at the same time as being able to interpret it in a way that isn't munchkin-y or violating the fluff, you should always go with the non-munchkin/violating interpretation as the default intent.  This would be another example of same.

8. See 7.

If you want to add a permanent Point of Edge to a Star Commander and not another one of your units, you go right ahead.  In your specific case, I figure you'd want to put it on a pair of Vehicles, so they have some protection against motive or vehicle crits.  Whatever floats your boat, though.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Can we/you modify 1 to allow equal or lesser mass?
For example 1 point of 2x55t enyo for 2x50t eponas.

The Fury

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »

I have a point of vehicles and I was wandering if instead of reducing the tonnage of two mech points(See option 4), if I could replace my vehicle point with a point of aerospace fighters?

Logan

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:07:09 PM by The Fury »

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »

7.  I know we can't move commanders, but can we swap the mech with a mech from another star?

4.  Could I reduce a light mech to a point of proto"mech"s  ;D as one of my mech reductions.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:17:33 PM by Ad Hoc »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »

No to all of the last three posts.

Mainly because most all of those will be future reward options.  You should expect similar reward options every 4-5 games, FYI.

ADHDtv

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »

Along with rewards every few games will there also be the Warchest reset every time to go along with it?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »

Along with rewards every few games will there also be the Warchest reset every time to go along with it?

No, you should not expect that.  This WC reset was largely due to everyone (myself included) figuring out the right ratio of costs and benefits.  The first game was too much WCP, the second was too little, and the last two were more or less on target.  Since I've mostly got a handle on that now, it'll be up to you all to manage your own Warchest.