CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Communication To CO and GM for Lance Readiness and Changes  (Read 30089 times)

Phoenix05

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Communication To CO and GM for Lance Readiness and Changes
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »

If someone can say what condition my marauders are in, can they please take a picture and send it to either my dad or I?

Thanks.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 04, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »

Just a heads up, I talked to Ryan about what he wants his lance to become.  He’s planning to upgrade to a 4 mech lance after the end of the current and wants to follow more in Dan’s footsteps - lots of tons, weapons and armor, far less in the way of speed.  I wouldn’t expect him to stay in the Scout group.  :)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »

With the loss of my heaviest mechs, I will probably be cheap and gear myself towards the scout path.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 04, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »

With the loss of my heaviest mechs, I will probably be cheap and gear myself towards the scout path.

I wouldn’t rush to any conclusions yet.  Let’s wait until the end of the contract and see where we’re sitting.  We’ve got a BLC influx coming and the unit has over 50MM saved up in part with the expectation of taking significant losses with the Clans.  I’d figure out what role you want to work towards and as much as reasonably possible the unit should be able to help move you that direction.  If your goal is a Juggernaut or Brawler lance let’s see where things net out.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 04, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »

And the number of lances per official role (Scout / Fight / Defend) is going to vary by contract.  Midnight’s first role was Defend, and you’d never mistake any configuration I’ve played as being a Defend focus.  :)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2019, 08:40:21 PM »

Keep in mind that banked money for unit was for dropship so we kind of need that

Unless your saying the.banked 50 mil from our clan salvage because its more than that I would think from last game

Not even sure how that's going to work right now
Die Clanner!!!!

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »

Keep in mind that banked money for unit was for dropship so we kind of need that

Unless your saying the.banked 50 mil from our clan salvage because its more than that I would think from last game

When I talked to Jon, part of the reason for banking the money for the dropship was an excuse to build up a war chest against significant losses to the Clans.  I'm not suggesting that we spend most of the 50MM on replacements.  BLC for the contract is 40% and Salvage is 70%.  I'm not sure what salvage we're getting from the last Mission.  I expect we'll get nothing but losses from the final mission.  We have 2 'Mechs still in the unit reserve we can consider allocating as well.  We'll see what shape the unit is in after that. 

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »

When I talked to Jon, part of the reason for banking the money for the dropship was an excuse to build up a war chest against significant losses to the Clans.  I'm not suggesting that we spend most of the 50MM on replacements.  BLC for the contract is 40% and Salvage is 70%.  I'm not sure what salvage we're getting from the last Mission.  I expect we'll get nothing but losses from the final mission.  We have 2 'Mechs still in the unit reserve we can consider allocating as well.  We'll see what shape the unit is in after that. 

after this game and contract I can agree there will be losses to fill since its the clans - I was just saying its going to be hard to fill the void that is the dropship fund - we will have to see who ends up with the co position since our CO now has died so I guess its up to the unit to decide the best use now for the dropship fund
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 05, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »

The funds were intended for a dropship for the simple reason that no configuration of the unit will be transportable with all lances in mechbays until we have more mechbays. We have 36 bays, which means at most 9 lances can be drop ready. Since we have been growing, that poses a minor problem. Now losses are alleviating our over crowding problems, somewhat.  But it doesn't change the base math on transport.

As far as spending the money on replacement mechs, it will be very tempting to go "Yay! We have 50 million to buy mechs!" and spend it all. I would recommend against that for many reasons. Obviously, if a unit needs to be reconstituted, that is important, but go to Crazy Achmed's Quasit dealership instead of Five Diamonds Atlas II Emporium. Especially since you are likely to see a couple of more cycles of losses over the campaign.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2019, 06:23:34 AM »

unless things were truly dire I was not suggesting dipping deeply into unit reserves. We’ve been fortunate to avoid that so far and the lances involved in the final mission could take comparable losses to their units and still be viable. I’m not sure how much if at all we’ll need to dip in. Once we’re past the end of the contract, have settled all final dispersements and retirements we can make some decisions. Assuming the savings to be sancrosanct under all conditions isn’t appropriate either.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »

As a general consideration for everybody, be warned that mech prices will skyrocket with the invasion. So plan to be flexible and run non-ideal mechs. It would be a good idea to hoard a little wingman XP for class changes. You may not be able to get your hands on mechs that fit the classes you built your lances on. A pinch of prior planning will prevent pitiful and painful performance post purchase.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2019, 01:35:12 PM »

As a general consideration for everybody, be warned that mech prices will skyrocket with the invasion. So plan to be flexible and run non-ideal mechs. It would be a good idea to hoard a little wingman XP for class changes. You may not be able to get your hands on mechs that fit the classes you built your lances on. A pinch of prior planning will prevent pitiful and painful performance post purchase.

ffs lol guess its a good thing that I planned to cross train already - that is if any of my pilots live
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2019, 11:36:48 PM »

This is now ready for battlefield deployment.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »

This is now ready for battlefield deployment.

Yessss
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2019, 10:57:29 AM »

The 6 Billion CBill Highlander has been rebuilt, better than it was before. Better. Taller. Faster.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32