CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: OOC: 28 Dec 2766  (Read 18407 times)

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 28 Dec 2766
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »

Thanks for the replies and CONGRATULATIONS.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »

Sorry guys, I got cast in The Avengers yesterday, so I'm dealing with a trip of Cleveland for shooting all next week.  BT will be on hold until I get back.

Whoa!  You got cast, or did you get hired to do fight choreography?  Either way, nice job!!

Mission rewards:
30 XP per participating PC
100 WP from salvage
700 WP from warehouses
You have a Jackrabbit that can be salvaged and a Griffin.  Other Mechs are effectively beyond repair.  These Mechs may be assigned to PCs or NPCs as you see fit.

I'm going to assume that Brett wants the Griffin.

You may refuel Areospace Fighters for 10 WP per fighter.  All other WP costs remain as published.  You have time to choose up to TWO (2) Mechs for which you can make Engine and/or Gyro repairs, due to the short time you have before enemy units airdrop on top of you in Battalion+ strength (you need to be gone by the time they get there).

Refuel all the ASF's.  Mike, can you provide us with a list of mechs that have either engine or gyro hits so that we can prioritize/cannibalize where needed?  Rob, are there any other time-related restrictions on spending our WP for repairs, other than the two Engine/Gyro repairs, and one potential weapons modification?

You may make modifications to either the Griffin or the Jackrabbit.  These modifications may only involve weapon swaps.  A weapon swap may involve a weapon or ammo bin only.  The cost will be x3 the WP cost of the new weapon or weapons (so adding a large laser would be 15 WP), and adding or subtracting an ammo bin would be 5 WP per ammo critical modified.  This may be done on ONE (1) Mech only (also due to time).  You have access to pretty much any TW-tech SLDF weapon equal to or under 10 tons.

Let's face it, as much as I like that Jackrabbit, it's basically a Savannah Master w/legs.  The obvious choice here is to modify the Griffin, if Brett desires.  Mike, please let us know what model Griffin that was.  Obviously, modifying a ride takes second place to getting everything else as healthy and repaired as it can be, so let's wait on spending these points until we know we've got a surplus. 

Finally, you can ask questions of the prisoners.  Due to time constraints (I'm assuming you don't want to take them with you...if you do there'll be less food and water room for everyone else) you can ask one question per Interrogation roll.  The TN will scale upwards per question (and be modified based on the question...so asking extremely detailed questions right off to take advantage of a low TN is right out) until you miss a roll.  You'll then be out of time to question that prisoner.  You have, I believe, two prisoners available...a Lieutenant (LT Melissa Kim) and a Sergeant (SGT James Mardsen).  The lieutenant is mildly wounded, the sergeant is heavily concussed.  I'll do the interrogations the week after next once I'm back in town.

I don't intend to take the prisoners with us, but it's a shame we don't have more time because it's entirely possible that one or the other has more loyalty to the SLDF than to Amaris.  If, in the course of questioning, you find out that a prisoner has some extremely valuable skill, and also seems loyal to the SLDF, we might need to consider making use of those skills and taking that person with us (under guard).  I'm guessing the Kanga crew could probably handle it.  As to the nature of the interrogation, these people are soldiers and PoW's, and will be treated as such. 

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »

For starters, I only wanted to spend 400 points, and I spent every single one of them.  I had a lot of tough choices to make, and I think that this is the overall the best thing to do.  With that said.....

|Cpt Freund        | Griffin-2N-1 ton SRM6 ammo

Hey Mike, I missed this before the last game, and since I expended so little ammo in the scenario before, I actually played the most recent game as though no ammo had been reloaded; so if the GM allows, you should get those WP back.

There is also technically a quad set of Vedettes, but have had some interior redecoration done on them...

I wasn't clear on what happened to these.  While I'm sure the crews attempted to scuttle them all, were they successful, or are any of them salvageable?

You may refuel Areospace Fighters for 10 WP per fighter.

How far will a full tank get them?  Will they make it to our eventual destination on a single tank?  Would they also be able to fly CAP or participate in another scenario and still make it, or would we be looking to find more fuel for them?

...also rob if you could take a look at my character i created and let me know if it was a viable character for this scenario and if so if it could be added to the list of people also the other questions i asked in the thread i made and lastly congrats should be a fun time

I'm curious to know how the new PC will join us, will the GM be hand-waving this or will it be scenario-based?  Glad to see we're getting another PC though, and welcome to the group Brandon. 

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »

1) Refuel all the ASF's.  Mike, can you provide us with a list of mechs that have either engine or gyro hits so that we can prioritize/cannibalize where needed?  Rob, are there any other time-related restrictions on spending our WP for repairs, other than the two Engine/Gyro repairs, and one potential weapons modification?

2) Mike, please let us know what model Griffin that was.  Obviously, modifying a ride takes second place to getting everything else as healthy and repaired as it can be, so let's wait on spending these points until we know we've got a surplus. 

3) I don't intend to take the prisoners with us, but it's a shame we don't have more time because it's entirely possible that one or the other has more loyalty to the SLDF than to Amaris.  If, in the course of questioning, you find out that a prisoner has some extremely valuable skill, and also seems loyal to the SLDF, we might need to consider making use of those skills and taking that person with us (under guard).  I'm guessing the Kanga crew could probably handle it.  As to the nature of the interrogation, these people are soldiers and PoW's, and will be treated as such. 
Note: numbers for my convenience

1)  The NPC pixie took a gyro hit.  The charger took 5 engine hits, and has a destroyed gyro.  It is my recommendation that we burn the corpse, as there is really not much left of this mech.

2)  The griffin is a -1N, the PPC/LRM10 model.  It is possibe for Brett to modify it if she desires.  For that matter, if she wants the jackrabbit, we can modify that also.  So Brett, which mech do you want, and how do you want it tricked out?

3) So noted.

4) load the SRM ammo into your mech now Bryan.

In order to update/repair stuff, I am waiting on Brett's choice.  Also Rob, do you have any crits to your mech center torso.  I have some odd notation about your CT, but its the only thing I cannot read.  Thanks all for the quick info.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »

thank you on the welcome and as far as my character goes im unsure if rob will say yes or no I do have somethings I dont quite know on caracter creation yet because the only books I have are the master rules and the stuff in the starter set but would be cool to be able to come in. I would imagine it would be something in the scenario maybe finding a random prisoner if we attack a facility or maybe I pulled a keith andrews from mw3 ducking and dodging patrols. As far as the jackrabbit I dont really see a good use for it with just te ac2 srm2 be more use to us if we mod it. the griffin already has a ppc and lrm10 and jumpjets jackrabbit doesnt have anything close to it. also i think the veds are good although rob did mention heat flares of the tank crews doing something in the tanks. Its also sad to see the crockett didnt salvage talk about a beast with a guass.
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »

thank you on the welcome and as far as my character goes im unsure if rob will say yes or no I do have somethings I dont quite know on caracter creation yet because the only books I have are the master rules and the stuff in the starter set but would be cool to be able to come in. I would imagine it would be something in the scenario maybe finding a random prisoner if we attack a facility or maybe I pulled a keith andrews from mw3 ducking and dodging patrols. As far as the jackrabbit I dont really see a good use for it with just te ac2 srm2 be more use to us if we mod it. the griffin already has a ppc and lrm10 and jumpjets jackrabbit doesnt have anything close to it. also i think the veds are good although rob did mention heat flares of the tank crews doing something in the tanks. Its also sad to see the crockett didnt salvage talk about a beast with a guass.

The interior of the Vedettees and the barrels of their AC's have been torched with thermite grenades.  They're good for armor plating, gas and the ration bars in the wilderness kit, thats it.

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »

anyway we could still use them as transports? maybe make them cargo holds? Or by torched u mean they scuttled engine as well?
Die Clanner!!!!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

anyway we could still use them as transports? maybe make them cargo holds? Or by torched u mean they scuttled engine as well?

If the interiors were "torched", they're not moving unless we tow them.  Towing tracked 50-ton vees isn't worth it.  They're a write-off, as far as I can see.

Mike, could you post an interim TO&E, updated to show which mechs we lost, any ride-less pilots, and any pilot-less rides?  I remember losing the TBolt, Talon, Charger, and Stinger, but I wasn't sure if that was it, or what the pilot situation was.  Thanks!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

Depending on where the grenades were placed in the interior of the track, it will be going somewhere after a moderate amount of repair, a major amount of repair, or never.  If you're at home go look up what thermite does....

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »

If the interiors were "torched", they're not moving unless we tow them.  Towing tracked 50-ton vees isn't worth it.  They're a write-off, as far as I can see.

Mike, could you post an interim TO&E, updated to show which mechs we lost, any ride-less pilots, and any pilot-less rides?  I remember losing the TBolt, Talon, Charger, and Stinger, but I wasn't sure if that was it, or what the pilot situation was.  Thanks!

I agree if the engines dont work then we dont need them, also we lost a griffin if u check 28 Dec 2766 will give details as to what happened to it lol ;) as far as i knew all the pilots got out except for the grif pilot and i think the tbolt pilot was hurt but alive
Die Clanner!!!!

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »

Did anyone end up running Duncan for me on the 13th?  If so, what state is my mech in currently?

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »

Some armor damage, he participated in a couple of kills.  Will PM you the damage more specifically this weekend.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

Rob, did we get xp for the game on July 30?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Juniantara

• What do you mean my PC died again?
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »

The Griffin will work fine. Let's leave the weapons as is for now - we don't have a lot of time and can worry about it later if we need to switch.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:57 AM »

Rob, did we get xp for the game on July 30?

I believe so, yes.  It should have been a standard 30 XP award.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9