CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hammer Solo - Fire Lance - 6/15/3060  (Read 280 times)

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer Solo - Fire Lance - 6/15/3060
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »

Rangers took the day

Salvage ku and Nova (11 total armor on it and 9 of it is the head)

Chalk this up to terrain screen utilization, c3 with isolated firing lanes and some dumb luck. Map was more useful than I originally expected due to the lvl 2+ spires.

Neither side had lights left by end of game

Captured 2/2 Nova pilot with energy spec speed demon edge 2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 12:52:28 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer Solo - Fire Lance - 6/15/3060
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 08:36:24 PM »

Fire Lance tasked with disrupting stability in the upcoming AO were ordered to conduct reconnaissance by fire sorties forward of the staging area. Having been provided a target package they opted to use the provided Intel maps to force an engagement. Arriving at the planned point expecting a large lake some 120m deep a surprise it would turn out to be. The lake fully drained due to drought and water diversion for some time now it would offer really only large rock spires and now settled tree trunks foliage and all as cover. Guess adapt it is the only option now. An enemy patrol now in view little can be done about it.

----

AAR

Rangers hastily set up engagement lanes seeing just how limited space had just became. Opting to deploy the assault units to the north west and the mobile fighters due north and north east.

FRR elements appeared in the south a dispersed echelon wedge. Mood of the day apparently being aggression for both sides based on early battle movement. They would send a mixed role group center and attempt to establish an overwatch. The remainder would attempt to take the open gap and center trees to favor the ranged weapons.

Ranger forces would for the first opening salvos opt for position and telemetry data. This would be used to terrifying impact for most of the battle. By the end of volley two the overwatching Warhammer would crumble headless via gauss slug. Ranged fire from both sides would lean more in favor if the Rangers but quickly became a slugfest both ways.

The brawlers closed drawing a ton of fire and causing havoc. The moto being displace, disperse, and antagonize.
In some cases they would take on well outside the expected and by luck or positioning damage was not enough to bring them down. The Nova would have a fully removed arm or what was once a Nova arm via kick. The brawlers would account for only a single kill but added damage in high bursts to rip away armor or components.

Eventually cat and mouse would be the theme of the battle Multiple positional trades would take place nigh optimal for either side in uncomfortably close quarters in the north. Tending to be more favorable to the Rangers. Fire members would find themselves out gunned 3 to 1 in some cases. Damage from the FRR side would push units to the CLG expected line. Heavy exchanges forced many  Seeing the balances starting to tip Fire would make one final push dropping the sixth FRR mech forcing favorable terms. The liason would attempt to contribute but the result was eventually being run down like a dog and a gyro destruction for the trouble.

Positioning, C3, jumpjets, combat initiative and just well placed shots at the right time were enough to get through the battle. Luck was the final factor and it swung both ways at first but ended with the Rangers. Only the Thunderbolt and Cestus survived from the main force but heavily damaged. The reinforcements were simply not in time to turn the battle and would certainly have also been wiped out.

Fire actual would tally four kills on the day. Two headcaps, severing a leg from an armless Nova, and dropping the gauss on the enemy CO. This would certify him as double mech ace and one of few in the Rangers.

----

« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 06:49:07 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]