CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772  (Read 6874 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »

Major, we can we signal the fleet and request 5 tanks crews to man our captured tanks?

YES!!

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

Someone should get on the comms and see if we can wrangle up any artillery support.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »

"Guys I will catch some sleep but is there anyway we can get a few recon teams to maybe put up sensor lines from expected attack areas then have maybe a roaming squad to help keep watch and give early warning?"
Die Clanner!!!!

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

Hawker stares at them, "...Are you people daft?  The only way we got here is by riding a one way roller coaster from hell, and we still almost got shot down.  The only place for reinforcements to come from are the assault column that we want as strong as possible to batter down the gates of that Castle Brian they've got up there, unless you all fancy a go at that too?  Once we check that sensor tower, maybe we can open up a window in the SDS, but chances are still good we're on our own."

"We also probably don't want to telegraph that we're in dire need of things here.  Anything going out is over the air, and they'll be able to pick up on that.  Even if they cant crack it large amounts of traffic would point towards us being the weak link in the chain.  Once we're dug in, I can try to hit the main column, see if they can point some tubes our way, and see what sort of shape they're in, but by the schedule we've seen they wont be anywhere near where we need them for several more hours anyway."

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:27 PM »

Holy crap, Batman. Hawker, are you under a bit of a strain? Chill out just a bit, man. We'll be alright, maybe.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:11 AM »

"No need to get upset I was not the one to say maybe we can get supplies flown down here. I was just suggesting is it possible to get something up as a early warning system. Who knows maybe we can get a estimate of size and strength incoming from some equipment in that tower like seismic readings. Any idea if they have anything in there that can help? I understand we are under stress we know they will counter attack and a general estimate of attack time. Maybe we are being selfish, maybe we forgot how easy it was to get where we are at this moment. Just how many hours ago did we all figure this for a suicide run on entry? Maybe we figured they would fair as well as we did. This was by no means a cake walk getting in, we have been pretty lucky up to this point in almost every battle. We can not keep relying on that luck. We are by far some of the best mechwarriors and soldiers in the Star League.  That is not to say the Rimmies might not have a crack troop itching to take each of our heads as a souvenir. We need to stack the deck in our favor as much as possible. To do that we need all the help we can get and every tactic possible to give us that edge. That is why we are the elite of the elite. Why we received the training we have. We think and fight with our heads and our hearts to preserve this honor and peace. I only am suggesting we have a way to alert us to when they will be to our position I sure do not want to be asleep and wake up to a cold mech under fire. Prime example being this unit we just wiped out.  We really are all on edge for me to rant like this. I am sorry sir I will take my MRE and head off for some sleep
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:18:59 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »

Marshall CHP-1Nb blown off arm which also cleanly lost all IS. It's the gauss side arm, so needs to be replaced if possible.

10 IS from arm
60 armour
Needs 6 gauss rounds

Smythe SPT-N1
71 armour
Down 2 streak 2 rounds. She has plenty left.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »

Okay, here's what going on from the repair end.

1--Hawker, transmits status to fleet command and requests 5 vehicle crews (with LRM and AC20 experience) for captured tanks.  If request for crews denied, see item 3 and 4.

2--Banzai and Callahan start repairs (see previous post for order).  At 3 hr point, Callahan catches zzz's and Moon takes over repairs.  After 6 hrs Callahan up and Banzai gets some zzz's.

3--After repairs started, Banzai gets with Hanney to attempt to rig remote targeting and trigger to tie LRM carriers directly into Archer's targetting system.

4--If item 3 fails, attempt to convert LRM carriers to semi-guided missiles to home in on LAM's or Spartan's TAG. (ooc-could not find rules for semi-guided LRM's in TW, TO, or SO other that a reference that they can home in on TAGs.)

5--Make sure dropship power lines to gun emplacements are secure and redundant.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:27:06 PM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »

Okay, here's what going on from the repair end.

1--Hawker, transmits status to fleet command and requests 5 vehicle crews (with LRM and AC20 experience) for captured tanks.  If request for crews denied, see item 3 and 4.

2--Banzai and Callahan start repairs (see previous post for order).  At 3 hr point, Callahan catches zzz's and Moon takes over repairs.  After 6 hrs Callahan up and Banzai gets some zzz's.

3--After repairs started, Banzai gets with Hanney to attempt to rig remote targeting and trigger to tie LRM carriers directly into Archer's targetting system.

4--If item 3 fails, attempt to convert LRM carriers to semi-guided missiles to home in on LAM's or Spartan's TAG. (ooc-could not find rules for semi-guided LRM's in TW, TO, or SO other that a reference that they can home in on TAGs.)

5--Make sure dropship power lines to gun emplacements are secure and redundant.

A: trust me, Rob, Andy and myself all know SG to death.  But they aren;t around until 3057, so 4 is impossible.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »

A: trust me, Rob, Andy and myself all know SG to death.  But they aren;t around until 3057, so 4 is impossible.

Okay.  (For my info, where are the rules hidden?)

[P.S.  The impossible has just not been tried yet.... ;)]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:45:01 AM by Black Omega »
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 02:12:31 AM »

Okay.  (For my info, where are the rules hidden?)

Page 142 of Total Warfare.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »

OKAY!  Sorry about the delay - all the stuff Leviathans-side kept me away.

Reading over the thread, there's some contradictory stuff that isn't resolved, but I've attached a Master Schedule to this post that shows pretty much everything people are doing.  At midnight Friday of this week, this schedule will be finalized unless I hear from people that something needs changed.  Additionally, a unit Officer (CO or XO) can "lock" the schedule down at any time by saying so.

Once the schedule is locked down, I'll be resolving things a little at a time (there'll probably be several IG hours worth of resolution on the Dec 15th Game Day), until we're up to the point where things really take off.  After each "resolution" post, you'll have 24 hours where you can change what you're going to do next (so, say, if Yamamori gets shot up badly clearing Building Z on Hour 7, he can change his future actions by posting).  I will take into account sanity - of course - if you don't/can't post.  If Yamamori has 1 box of damage left, he won't go onto the next building regardless, for example.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »

Schwepps can accompany the individuals that are checking the buildings after he is finshed guard detail. If his mech is one of the first to go through repairs, he could take his mech and be available to carry any salvage.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »

Rob,

I thought one of the officers cycled Hawker, Yamamori and Marshall through down time. Two of the three were going into each one so that one could sleep. I think the only exception may have been the first hour given the importance of the building.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »

I thought one of the officers cycled Hawker, Yamamori and Marshall through down time. Two of the three were going into each one so that one could sleep. I think the only exception may have been the first hour given the importance of the building.

My mistake.  I'll redo the schedule before it's locked to ensure you both get R&R.

Phil, got it noted.

John, I updated your PC with the XP expenditure listed on the last page, just so's you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4