CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread  (Read 7169 times)

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772 Task Resolution Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

Schwepps has some experience with demolitions. He can help with setting charges on the bridge.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:29 PM »

I was distracted last night and so was unable to get to the task resolution.  Folks have until midnight tonight to issue orders and make decisions.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »

Okay,
Marshall and Schwepps should start trying to wire the bridge to explode.  Yamamori should try to sneak into building B and figure out if there are any armed guards there without starting a firefight (I think Freund can pick the lock).  If there are armed guards, then we give them five minutes to surrender (Reed can make the check to attempt to get them to surrender) before blowing up the building (unless there are hostages or something like that in there).  We should ignore the civilian buildings in the town as clearing them out is a job for the infantry once they catch up with us.  Callahan and Moon can be back up for Yamamori if he does get pinned down inside the building and is unable to safely exit.  Hawker should try to get into contact with the SLDF force passing behind us in an attempt to get them to lend us some artillery or air support.  If Hawker is successful, then Reed can begin to work on plotting hexes for artillery fire.  Anyone with freetime who is not scheduled to sleep or be on watch should help dragging barricades onto the bridge or help Banzai and the techs repair the battlemechs depending upon whether or not they have any technician related skills.  Once Building B is cleared out, priority for everyone shifts to rigging the bridge to explode if you have the demolitions skill, repairing mechs if you have the technician skill, or creating barricades if you can't figure out anything else worthwhile to do.  After Hawker determines whether or not we can get any air or artillery support, then he should shift to reprogramming the turrets, so they come online for us on turn 1 instead of turn 3.  If Reed doesn't get stuck in a hostage negotiation or is needed to plot artillery hexes, then he'll help with barricades.  Priority for remaining tasks is as follows:

High Priority: Clearing out Building B (Yamamori, Moon, Callahan, and Freund and Reed for at least a little bit), wiring the bridge to explode (Schwepps and Marshall), getting into contact with SLDF and plotting artillery hexes (Hawker, Reed, and anyone else with the artillery skill, but no technician skills if we actually get artillery/air support (if a hostage situation develops and we get artillery support, then Reed works on plotting artillery hexes while Hannay takes over as lead negotiator).
Medium Priority: Reprogramming turrets (Callahan).  Patching up wounded PCs (Hawker).  Repairing all mechs (Banzai, the techs, anyone with technician skills).
Low Priority: Constructing barricades (only do this if you can't do any of the above tasks)
Not Going to Bother: Clearing out the civilian buildings.

Any objections?

Edit: Updated after feedback from Travis.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:35:24 PM by Death or Glory »

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »

Sounds good to me, Lt. Haven't seen much of the Cap'n lately.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 07:29:20 PM »

Not sure which Captain you're referring to, but the Major's been busy.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »

The one that has been promoted to Maj. and I forgot about it.  ;D

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:21 PM »

Do you want me reprogramming the turrets, or duct taping Marshall and any other injured back together, sir?

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »

Do you want me reprogramming the turrets, or duct taping Marshall and any other injured back together, sir?

Good point, Callahan can work on the turrets while you patch people up, which we'll start doing as soon as we finish trying to get artillery support, clearing building B, and wiring the bridge to explode.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08:31 AM »

Hanney walks into the common area, with a full set of bagpipes.  "I just think before I get into my mech cockpit I would take a moment to musically uplift everyone's moral."  With that he fully inflates the bag,

throws the bagpipes on the ground, pulls a pistol and shoots them.  "There, everyone;s spirits are brighter not having to listen to bagpipes.  Back to my mech."

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 12:12:59 AM »

how much more armor is needed repaired on the mechs as well as how much time would be needed to make those fixes

some mechs are in worse condition than others we do not want to prepare all this and only have swiss cheese for armor

no objection on the building clearing
Die Clanner!!!!

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:04 AM »

[
TASK RESOLUTION POST

HOUR 9
Callahan, Yamamori, Freund, Reed, Moon
-Team moves to Building B.  The door is unlocked, and no sound emenates from inside.  The building is empty, and consists primarily of administrative offices and warehousing for spare parts being transshipped from the SDS facility to Strade, and vice versa.  Most parts are simple mechanical systems to keep the facility itself operational (door seals, keypad spare parts, new computerminal systems, and so forth).  You begin searching the building.
EDGE Check: Callahan MOF: 3 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Yamamori MOF: 1 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Freunde MOF 3 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Reed MOS 5 - finds a mis-shipped crate containing an airborne target designator.  In the hands of an infantryman on a tall location, it will allow you to clearly designate targets for air-to-ground attacks with very little chance of blue-on-blue fire.
EDGE Check: Moon MOS: 1 - finds a stock of excellent-quality rations that will significantly improve the disposition of the technical staff

Hawker
-Attempting to establish communications with landing forces.  Communications Roll: MoF: 4  No contact is made.

Hannay
-Attempting to create additional barricades
Piloting Skill Roll: MoF 1

Banzai
-Working on LRM Carrier Modifications.
LRM Carrier 2: Engineering Check MoS 5
LRM Carrier 2: Computer MoS 2

Marshall
-Scouting the bridge to determine how best to bring it down.
Demolitions Check: MoS 4

Captured Technicians
-With no PCs to direct them, enter R&R

HOUR 10
Callahan, Yamamori, Freund, Reed, Moon
-You finish searching the building.
EDGE Check: Callahan MOF: 3 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Yamamori MOF: 1 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Freunde MOF 3 - finds nothing helpful
EDGE Check: Reed MOS 5 - finds a mis-shipped crate containing an airborne target designator.  In the hands of an infantryman on a tall location, it will allow you to clearly designate targets for air-to-ground attacks with very little chance of blue-on-blue fire.
EDGE Check: Moon MOS: 1 - finds a stock of excellent-quality rations that will significantly improve the disposition of the technical staff.  Freund sends the rations around to all parties.

Captured Technicians
-With no PCs to direct them, continue R&R, and consume the rations.  Disposition is much improved (REED EDGE CHECK: MoS 2) and they agree to help repair Reed's Phoenix Hawk.

Hannay
Piloting Skill Roll: MoS 4  Success = 1 Barricade Hex

Banzai
LRM Carrier 2: Technician/Mech roll: MoS 1
LRM CARRIER 2 COMPLETE

Marshall, Schwepps
-Begin improvising explosives in order to bring down the bridge, primarily using spare AC/10 shells.
Schewpps Pilot/Mech roll (moving the shells around): MoS: 3
Demolitions Check: MoS 5

HOUR 11

Moon
-Continues repair work, assisted by the Technical Teams.  Technician/Mech roll: MoS 6 (sufficient roll to reattach the missing arm on Marshall's Champion.).

Marshall, Schwepps
-Continue wiring the bridge with improvised explosives in order to bring down the bridge, primarily using spare AC/10 shells.
Schewpps Pilot/Mech roll (moving the shells around): MoS: 1
Demolitions Check: MoS 4
You believe that the bridge is sufficiently wired to bring down the 2 hexrows closest to your shore.  This will not collapse the entire bridge (you'd need another 3-4 hours of work to be able to generate enough explosives), but it'll sever the bridge from all ground-bound enemy forces.

HOUR 12

Freund, Moon, Reed
-Direct the technical teams to make repairs to damaged Mechs.
Freund: Technician/Electronic MoF 1
Moon: Technician/Mech: MoS 2
Reed: (Leadership to try and inspire the technical teams now that they aren't about to put a spanner through his head) MoS 1

Schwepps
Piloting Skill Roll: MoF 2

HOUR 13

Freund, Moon, Reed
Freund: Technician/Electronic MoF 3
Moon: Technician/Mech: MoS 6 (Reed's engine crits are repaired)
Reed: (Leadership to try and inspire the technical teams now that they aren't about to put a spanner through his head) MoS 2

Hawker
-Attempting to establish communications with landing forces.  Communications Roll: MoF: 2  No contact is made.

Schweppes & Smythe
-Continue preparing barricades
Schwepps: MoS: 2.  Success = 1 Barricade Hex
Smythe: MoS: 1 Success = 1 Barricade Hex

HOUR 14
Freund, Moon, Reed, Callahan
Freund: Technician/Electronic MoS 1
Moon: Technician/Mech: MoS 2
Reed: (Leadership to try and inspire the technical teams now that they aren't about to put a spanner through his head) MoS 1
Callahan: Technician/Mechanics: MoS 6 (The arm of Marshall's Champion is replaced!)

Banzai
-On Watch.  Untrained Sensor Ops check.  MoS 3 (you lucky bastard).  You've got incoming.  Range approx 25km (good thing LAMs can avoid that whole "limited by horizon" thing, right?).  Time to arrival, approx 45 min.

Schweppes & Smythe
-Continue preparing barricades
Schwepps: MoF: 1
Smythe: MoF: 1

Hawker
-Attempting to establish communications with landing forces.  Communications Roll: MoS: 5  Comms established!  You inform them that you have incoming OPFOR and request support.  Areospace units are being routed to you.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:47 AM »

SUMMARY

1) All PCs have had at least 3 hours R&R.  No penalties.

2) PC Damage.  Yamamori has suffered 1 pilot hit.  Marshall has suffered 2.

3) Your efforts have generated the following defensive bonuses:
-*7* Barricade Hexes (rough terrain), allocated as you see fit, (may only be on your side of the river or on the bridge).  BRING AN APPROPRIATE HEXPACK!!!
-*2* LRM Carriers slaved though defense turrets.  These Carriers carry a full ammo load (12 turns of fire), and are treated as though they are Gunnery 4.  They need not fire at the same targets as the Turrets, but may not employ indirect fire.
-*3* Defense Turret Mounts.  Each Turret mounts x2 AC/10 and x2 Large Laser, with an effective Gunnery of 3.  The Turret on the far side of the river will activate on Turn 1, the others activate on Turn 3.

4) The destruction of the air-defense tower means that you will have air support available.  You will receive air support on 4 turns of your choice, directed where you choose (by Orlov, who is standing on a roof with the target designator).  2 turns will involve high-explosive bombs (10 total bombs dropped per turn, 5 at a time), and 2 turns will involve a strike or strafe at your choosing (6 LPLs, 6 MLs will fire during each turn's worth of attack).  All air-to-ground attacks are at Gunnery 3.

5) The State of your Mechs is as follows (if you have outstanding damage, you may CHOOSE which specific armor/IS boxes were not repaired; have your sheets done BEFORE game day, please; except Brandon):

Hanney, Stevenson LRM reloaded
-No damage whatsoever
-needs 2 tons lrm ammo

Banzai, Shad LAM LRM RELOADED
no damage
needs lrm-10 reload

Hawker, Osprey-15 all armor repaired, only GR ammo reloaded
24 armor damage
1 int struct. damage
no crits
needs ammo reload (gauss and lrm-10)

Yamamori - Starslayer STY-3C  12 armor points still gone, no reload
Armor - 80 points of damage
No IS damage
No Engine / Gyro hits
No Misc Critical hits
Jump Jet in Left Torso though is non-functional
Needs 5 ammo refill for the SRM 4

Schwepps, Ostroc 7 ARMOR POINTS STILL GONE
57 external armor
no internal damage
All damage is upper torso and right arm.

Reed, Phoenix Hawk -1b 17 armor points still gone, 5 IS points still gone, engine crits repaired, LA Actuator repaired
-Armor Damage: 77 points
-IS Damage: 13 points
-Two Engine Critical Hits
-Left Arm Shoulder Actuator Destroyed
-One Critical Hit to Guardian ECM

Moon, Griffin -2N  FIXED
-Armor Damage: 10 points
-No IS Damage
-No Engine/Gyro Hits
-No Misc Critical Hits

Callahan, Shadow Hawk -2Hb FIXED
-Armor Damage: 10 points
-No IS Damage
-No Engine/Gyro Hits
-No Misc Critical Hits
-Both Arms were completely destroyed

Freund, Griffin 2N FIXED, No ammo reloaded
-Armor Damage: 40 points
-No IS Damage
-No Engine/Gyro Hits
-No Misc Critical Hits
-Left Arm was completely destroyed
-Also one empty ammo bin (SRM6).

Marshall CHP-1Nb   RA reattached & repaired, 8 armor gone, 3 GR rounds reloaded
-RA blown off (crit 12)
10 IS from arm
60 armour
Needs 6 gauss rounds

Smythe SPT-N1 11 ARMOR POINTS GONE, NO RELOAD
71 armour
Down 2 streak 2 rounds.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:41:14 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »

PRINT LIST FOR SATURDAY

All Pilots are 4/4 unless otherwise specified.  Each Mech printed with an incorrect variant will better the pilot/gunner scores of its parent lance by 1 point.

Mongoose -66b
Stinger 3R
Falcon Hawk -9K
Falcon Hawk -9K

Stinger LAM STG-A1 (TRO 3085) This pilot is 4/3
Wasp LAM WSP-105 (TRO 3025) This pilot is 4/3
Cicada -2A
Cicada -2A

Black Knight -6-KNT
Hunchback -4G
Griffin -1N
Spector -5F

Battlemaster -1G This pilot is 1/2
Cyclops 10-Z  This pilot is 2/4
Warhammer -6R
Warhammer -6R

Marauder -3R
Marauder -3R
Warhammer -6R
Rifleman -3C

Phoenix Hawk -1
Centurion CN9-A
Crusader  -3R
Stinger -3R

Shadow Hawk -2H
Enforcer -4R
JaegerMech JM6-S
Clint 1-2R

This lance is 3/3
Devastator DVS-2 This pilot is 3/2
Marauder -2R
Thunderbolt -5S
Warhammer -7A

ALLIES (the "incorrect variant" rule above does not apply to this lance); all Mechs in this lance are 3/4
Warhammer -7A
Warhammer -7A
Archer -2Rb
Thunderbolt -5Sb

DAN
I need you to bring your tray O Turrets.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:29:06 AM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

Rob, two items I'd like to cover.

1. I've changed my mine about the XP allocation, I'd like to buy back just 1 of the 2 points of Edge which should leave me with 40 XP and 1 Edge to spend.

2. Did the Jump Jet get fixed and if so, when do you want to determine what the new glitch is?  I'm fine with you determining it prior to the session to save time when we get there.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

I have all the mech printouts, my printer is back at 100%
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4