CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Solo Mission - Recon Ambush (Midnight) - 12/20/3046  (Read 3101 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Mission - Recon Ambush (Midnight) - 12/20/3046
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 08:32:12 AM »

One other question- what is the 9K variant of the Panther?  I can’t find a reference to it.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »

Maybe it is the 10K? Not even MWO have a variant of 9K.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 08:48:35 AM »

Maybe it is the 10K? Not even MWO have a variant of 9K.

Or the 9R. There’s a big difference between the two. What has me really curious is that AtB is the source of the 9K designation which makes it feel less like a typo.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »

So AtB will have a chance of pulling custom mechs for solo missions depending on the customization of your lance.  They show up just like any other mech, so if you cannot find the mech in any other source (this includes things like Martial Olympiad mechs) you should assume the mech is a custom mech.

The -9K is a DHS/ Blaser if I am remembering the unit correctly.  We fought one in our first campaign against the Dracs.  I am only like 75% sure on this as I do not believe the unit was on the original listing, but go check the archives if you want.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »

Hi Mike. Thanks for the reference. I’ll take a look. There’s a custom Panther listed in the OpFor already so I had assumed this was a standard variant. I’ll go dig to see if I can find it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »

Ok, I looked back at Operation Poley which is the one other contract against the Dracs. Not a single Panther in the 3 missions.  I guess both Panthers will be a mystery.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »

So let me correct myself, in mission 2 rob had a solo mission where he showed all the back end rolls of the star league chache getting a new light mech.  I think it came up there.  Sorry I ws unclear to start off with.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »

Ok, found the reference you were talking about. Rob did mention a custom Panther with a Blazer and DHS. The variant designation did not appear in the post or the tables, so not sure. I’m not sure whether I want to face a blazer or another PPC.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:47 PM »

Either way, good luck and get mad salvage.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 02:34:07 PM »

Either way, good luck and get mad salvage.

Thanks, certainly hoping to. This could get really ugly though if one of my mechs goes down. My CO has a quirk - never leave a man behind. Or I could get lucky. Part of it depends on how nasty the Panthers are. The Jenner’s will be a pain, though the Charger shouldn’t be too bad if I can stay out of physical attack range. I’m hoping for darkness. :)  In any case it’ll be fun. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:53:39 PM by Hat »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »

One other question- what is the 9K variant of the Panther?  I can’t find a reference to it.

Um, that's weird.  I can't find one either.  It might be a bad asset pull by AtB.

Assume it means a PTR-9R standard introtech Panther.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for that.  I guess I'll have to start keeping a tighter eye on designations. Actually...

...got it.  I do have a "-9K Panther" as a custom loadout from my personal AtB campaign that I created pretty recently.  AtB keeps lists of custom Mech designs under "MegaMek/data/mechfiles/customs/[your campaign name]".  I see a bunch of recent stuff from my personal campaign in there; I think I may have pointed AtB to save things into the wrong folder while playing my personal game at some point.  That seems the most likely explanation.  I'm moving my personal campaign's custom stuff back over to my main campaign, and I'll watch the folders over the next few weeks to see if any other customs save into that folder.

Light again please. 

Reroll applied.  You're on Dusk/Dawn. 

1 reroll remaining.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »

+1 to all ranged attacks, unless target has 25+ heat. Probably not what you were hoping for but its a start.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:28 PM »

Let’s go for light with the last roll.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »

So the STG-3R only has 9 total armor and structure in the legs, kick away! Same with the Wasp-1A. That gives you three targets you can kick down in a single hit except for the Clint.
Everything else will require at least some extra damage to the leg for your mechs to kick off. The Panthers and Charger are the only ones that can take 2 kicks without losing the leg.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »

So the STG-3R only has 9 total armor and structure in the legs, kick away! Same with the Wasp-1A. That gives you three targets you can kick down in a single hit except for the Clint.
Everything else will require at least some extra damage to the leg for your mechs to kick off. The Panthers and Charger are the only ones that can take 2 kicks without losing the leg.

Certainly if things get in that close I'll be happy to do that.  The Charger's the only mech I really want to avoid getting into physical range especially as it may be spec'd for melee with only 5 small lasers.  Ideally I'll be able to sit at range 7 from targets and whittle things down with me being in short range with the ER LLs and their weapons generally being in long range or out of range.  The Hussar and the Panthers are the exception having weapons with with a range longer than 9.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5