CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post contract plans  (Read 1735 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Re: Post contract plans
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 02:01:06 PM »

I could turn it into gauss with 2 ton ammo and  5 ml. it wont have much for crit padding at all though

I was thinking something more in line with what the other is

erppc hatchet 5 ml
Critical padding is not a design requirement. Also, the ER PPC can't head cap. Though it also can't run out of ammo either.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 03:38:41 PM »

well the crit padding in that particular mech would regardless of if it hits 1 spot or multiple spots its taking the xl with it and the mech dies on any kind of tac unless i transfer the gauss to an arm but that still leaves 3 xl all alone in the side torso which if they go it goes anyway - with this move it would take 3 tacs for it to go vs possibly 1 on a single crit slot hit - on that note rolling box cars kills the mech regardless

the headcap is kind of what i want but its not worth taking a single tac on the side torso for it to go - if i do the gauss it goes into an arm which requires me to remove hand actuator
Die Clanner!!!!

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »

I might actually want to throw an xl into the the other Griffin and do the gauss 5 ml build since it has improved targeting long

Would need time to do an xl tho.....that's a long time to do it maybe if we pick up another royal shadow hawk swap then
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:48:40 AM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »

Need to know the following:

Liftoff schedule
Do we plan on going to a factory world for repairs/rearm before next contract
Mech Bay allocation for the trip

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »

Need to know the following:

Liftoff schedule
Do we plan on going to a factory world for repairs/rearm before next contract
Mech Bay allocation for the trip
1. Liftoff will be no earlier than February 1st due to v3.0 rules implementation on salaries and such, which drive contract rates
2. The plan is to not look for a factory world. If a contract is on a factory world, then great.
3. At least 2 of my mechs will probably need mech bays for the trip. Rob is in a similar situation. Once we know how long the trip will be, I will look into allocation.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »

I need up to 20 days in a mech bay to repair Grand dragon. If we are not leaving planet until Feb 1 at earliest, could I have access until then?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

I need up to 20 days in a mech bay to repair Grand dragon. If we are not leaving planet until Feb 1 at earliest, could I have access until then?
As soon as the contracted ended everyone is called back to the DropShip. You aren't on Scout anymore. Everyone has access to the DropShip.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »

At this point in time, Skaraborg will require the use of a dropship bay.  Skaraborg also requests a second drop bay for work on the Highlander to start converting it to a 732 model.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 12:42:13 AM »

At this point in time, Skaraborg will require the use of a dropship bay.  Skaraborg also requests a second drop bay for work on the Highlander to start converting it to a 732 model.
There won't be any major issues until February when we take a contract. While we have a lot of repairs/modifications going on, it's not 36 mechs worth.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 01:03:02 AM »

There won't be any major issues until February when we take a contract. While we have a lot of repairs/modifications going on, it's not 36 mechs worth.

I have a customization going on until April on one Awesome and I'm debating what to do with the Highlander.  I can leave it as is or start slowly moving it over to the 732 model.  (Which will eventually require a factory stop but I'll worry about it when the time comes.  Otherwise I can get tossed into storage

Ice

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »

First -repair stuff, heal pilots ,mark co earned, spend xp, buy parts  - in progress

Second- attempt to hire Keiko - failed ransomed

Third - retirement rolls

Fourth - debate on swapping around stuff on the Griffin- either it needs case or to have its weapons swapped around the ac20 is a scary thing but a big risk although worth it if played right - if it is changed I will swap in a few ml and a erppc flamer hatchet so I can still reach out at range while dealing with infantry

Fifth- debate on what to do with my assault pilot now that I waived the highlander and Dan needed it

Sixth- if we end up on factory world somehow would like to drop in a xl into both/either the Ostsol or the other Griffin
- if we plan to depart to a factory planet I will buy an xl for the griffin and swap in an XL for both then do some other swapping of weapons

Seventh- debate on getting a different mech and gauss rifle
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:20:25 PM by Ice »
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]