CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New CO Nomination Thread  (Read 1276 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
New CO Nomination Thread
« on: April 15, 2019, 10:44:48 AM »

This thread is for people to self-nominate if they wish to be considered for the CO slot.

Please post a clear and definitive statement indicating you either wish to be considered for the CO position or do not. Please post here with either a positive or negative statement so that we know when everyone has seen the thread.

It will help future discussion if you send me a PM with your PC stats for the poll that will be following soon (TM).

Rob, please post any pertinent rules, etc. Players, be aware that lurking the boards on a frequent basis is required to keep response times prompt.

(I do not wish for my PC's corpse to be considered for CO. My new PC hasn't joined the unit yet, so he isn't eligible.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:46:57 AM by Timberwolfd »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New CO Nomination Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:01 AM »

We do need a Weekend at Bernies Three...thousand.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:23:43 AM »

For rules, the unit commander can command a number of lances equal to (Admin OR Bueaucracy skill x 3) + 3 or we suffer significant penalties. We have 12 lances so the unit CO would need at least a 3 in one of those skills to not generate a penalty.

I’m nominating myself for unit CO. I have enough saved XP to upgrade my skill to +3 and will do so if selected.

I need to look at the details for impact on unit rating and will post that and relevant skills to the unit when I have time.

From a Dragoon Rating perspective compared to Col Saltier, Atayde has one more negative trait, has a Cha of 7+, and 2 more points in skills. I’m guessing a net +2 to Dragoon Rating, but at a minimum shouldn’t go down.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:29:59 PM by Hat »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »

I nominate Midnight Lance for unit CO as well. Was looking into it and saw he was best suited for it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »

We do need a Weekend at Bernies Three...thousand.

MST3K can do the review.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »

As Drake wishes to go give the good prince info on this situation we found ourselves in he is not going to be around. My new PC has.not even been named yet so....I'm out of the running
Die Clanner!!!!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »

For rules, the unit commander can command a number of lances equal to (Admin OR Bueaucracy skill x 3) + 3 or we suffer significant penalties. We have 12 lances so the unit CO needs at least a 3 in one of those skills to be considered.

... Anyone could be considered. As you said, not having the requisite skill-set will result in penalties, which many merc units actually did face.

Crusher Lance has terrible command stats in-game, but far more importantly, does not have the necessary OoC time to spend on running the unit. Claus Breisacher withdraws his name from consideration.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »

For rules, the unit commander can command a number of lances equal to (Admin OR Bueaucracy skill x 3) + 3 or we suffer significant penalties. We have 12 lances so the unit CO needs at least a 3 in one of those skills to be considered.

... Anyone could be considered. As you said, not having the requisite skill-set will result in penalties, which many merc units actually did face.

Very true. Quick typing on my phone, not trying do discourage interested parties. I’ll clarify my comment above.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »

I am assuming we also have over 15 admin still within the lance. The admin score affects how many we can employ at one time. I am unsure how having a low admin would affect the excess admin, but I do not think it will be good to lose them.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 12:58:34 PM »

Lt. Kronwall does not have the necessary time to perform the duties of the office and removes himself from the consideration of office.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »

I am assuming we also have over 15 admin still within the lance. The admin score affects how many we can employ at one time. I am unsure how having a low admin would affect the excess admin, but I do not think it will be good to lose them.

You are correct. # of Admins is capped at Admin skill * 5 + 5. Right now Atayde is Admin +1, Bureaucracy +2, with 33 XP. I need 2 more XP to get Admin to +2 and one of them to +3.   :/

If I end up being the unit CO, I could either avoid penalties for unit size and lose 5 admins, or keep all 15 admins and have us take penalties until I get 2 XP. I think the former makes more sense than the later, but I’d be open to suggestions.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »

LTSG Wilhelm withdraws from consideration. (I don't have time in real life to do do the necessary task).

Phoenix05

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:55 PM »

LTSG Malthus withdraws from nomination.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:57 PM »

You are correct. # of Admins is capped at Admin skill * 5 + 5. Right now Atayde is Admin +1, Bureaucracy +2, with 33 XP. I need 2 more XP to get Admin to +2 and one of them to +3.   :/

If I end up being the unit CO, I could either avoid penalties for unit size and lose 5 admins, or keep all 15 admins and have us take penalties until I get 2 XP. I think the former makes more sense than the later, but I’d be open to suggestions.

I'd rather have all the admins for all of the passive bonuses they provide to the lances - replacing them all could be difficult.  What would the penalties be for being over unit size?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »

I don’t recall. I’ll try and find the thread the details are in. I’ve been through the question thread and another without success.
Pages: [1] 2 3