CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050  (Read 4928 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »

Hey, quick side question.  Does anyone have a Leopard (or Broadsword) Dropship in map scale for this game?  I've accounted for minis for all the spheroids and the Triumph, but not this one.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »

I have cardboard tokens from Battlespace set if need be.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 10:42:03 PM »

<snip>
Scenario Special Rules
1) The DropShips are not part of the initial bid and so Clan units will not fire at them, unless the DropShips fire first.

2) By leaving the planet before the conclusion of the battle, the Falcons consider the GDL (and you, by extension) to have broken the bid.  As they are no longer bound by it, they are free to dispatch their ASFs to intercept your outbound DropShips.
<snip>
Victory Conditions
GDL/Rangers: Get as many units as possible on board the DropShips and break through the fighter blockade
Clans: Destroy as many enemy Mech units as possible.

Ok. Rangers up - Skaraborg, Crusher, Dragon.  Good luck.
The Rangers can field 5 ASF for the combat once we make it to the Space Board (2 Stingrays, 2 Transits - 1 down 2 MLs, and a Shilone)
No BSP as per scenario.

Question: Are the 3 Ranger Phoenix Hawk LAMs eligible for ASF space deployment?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 10:57:38 PM »

Dragon Confirmed. What type of lance should I use? I am assuming range support, or do you want one or both the fast hitters as well?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 12:14:48 AM »

They absolutely are, if desired.  LAMs are not especially good against other ASFs, but they are available for deployment.

Also, don't forget that there are other ASF pilots and ASFs in the October Marketplace if you so choose to make those purchases.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 07:37:00 AM »

They absolutely are, if desired.  LAMs are not especially good against other ASFs, but they are available for deployment.

Also, don't forget that there are other ASF pilots and ASFs in the October Marketplace if you so choose to make those purchases.

Using the LAMs is not my first choice, but if it’s deploy them or watch them get blown up with the drop ship they’re on it’s clear.

A few other questions,

1. All mechs not in bays are considered to be on the Triumph, correct?
2. Based on 1, all lances should specify which mechs are where in case 1 dropship is lost but not the other, right?
3. Are the Sudeten militia attempting to assist and fade, assist at all cost (so someone can go for help), or trying to leave with us?  If they’re looking to leave, what are the rules for which dropships they can board?
4. Can the LAMs be deployed on map to the battle without being considered a breech of bid?  I’m assuming not, just want to understand options.
5. Do we need to specify which dropship all unit assets are on?  Equipment should be clear, but there are a lot of medical, technical and administrative personnel to account for.

For the aerospace fighters and pilots, the unit’s already picking up 1 of each. I’ll think on a second. Cash reserves would be really tight to pick up the dropship after the battle, though of course if we don’t have a unit, the money is moot.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »

Okay. Dragon has decided on his lance configuration:
Atlas BV: 2026, piloted by Herbert Esser (Wpn spec-LL, Marksman, Sniper, EDG 5, Tactics +4)
Thunderbolt BV: 1496, piloted by Ben Miller (Oblique attacker, EDG 1, Tactics +5)
Panther BV: 912, piloted by Abdul-Fattah Jadoon (Tactics+3, Melee Spec, EDG 1)
Shadow Hawk BV: 1424, piloted by Lamar Leese (Melee Spec, EDG 2)

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »

Also, we should figure out now who will be there so we can divvy out players to both sides. This will give both sides time to come up with ideas and prepare as best they can.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »

I shall be there
Die Clanner!!!!

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »

I'm planning on being there.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 04:49:33 PM »

In canon, the militia fought to the man to buy everyone GDL time to escape, and by extension us.  We can try to evac as many of them as we can, but our priorities need to be ourselves, the GDL and the milita in that order.

I'm presuming that the FedCom has issued the "Withdraw to waypoint Zulu" command and since we're drafted by the GDL, that order falls to us as well

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »

We should put down a turn limit to evac. Like try to get as many of us in turn 9 leave turn 10 something of that effect.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 05:58:20 PM »

We should put down a turn limit to evac. Like try to get as many of us in turn 9 leave turn 10 something of that effect.

That sounds like good plan, but should probably discussed among the lances in the mission as part of their strategy?. Also, it probably shouldn't be disclosed to the opfor players.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »

That sounds like good plan, but should probably discussed among the lances in the mission as part of their strategy?. Also, it probably shouldn't be disclosed to the opfor players.

I was thinking the same thing.  I think it's certainly safe for the PCs to start discussing strategy privately.  Depending on numbers or how things work out, I could see adding maybe one more to the strategy discussions as a confirmed Ranger-side player.  I don't think it's a good idea to fully divide in advance in case something comes up that would force a change.  Strategy is certainly critical for the PCs to figure out to give the unit the best chance of surviving the encounter.  There is no compelling reason for the OpFor to do the same in advance given their objectives.  If people disagree and want to have a core group of dedicating OpFor players designated in advance that's fine.

Both Ryan and I should be at the next game.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:34 PM »

I'll claim a black hat spot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8