CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050  (Read 4929 times)

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: SUDETEN October 3rd, 3050
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2019, 11:16:05 AM »

I have a Gray Rifleman that will work.  I can also supply a Dire Wolf and Gargoyle.  I can also supply a Green Rifleman for the other GDL one.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »

OK, that should take care of everything (trying to minimize the amount of minis being transported, so I went with Dan in all possible cases).

Next issue: Record Sheets

There are the following Record Sheet Groups

Gray Death Ground Forces
Gray Death Air Group

Ranger Air Group

Sudeten Militia

Jade Falcon Ground Forces
Jade Falcon Air Group

I would like a *positive* confirmation on who has which sheets.  Hat, there should be sheets for the Dictator and the modified Triumph in the black rules binder I gave you.  Please confirm.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »

I can do all the clan sheets, including the air group. Do you need me to make extra sheets for Bravo Beak 1?
Also Bravo Beak 2 has a Gargoyle without a model designation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:03:59 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2019, 02:18:19 PM »

Also, that Black Lanner pilot has an SPA (Oblique Attacker) that does not work with the weapons it has (ERPPC, 2MPL). Just making sure this was intended.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »

I will do GDL Ground.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »

I can do all the clan sheets, including the air group. Do you need me to make extra sheets for Bravo Beak 1?
Also Bravo Beak 2 has a Gargoyle without a model designation.

Yes, please make 1 extra set of sheets.  Also, whoops.  Gargoyle is a "C" model.  The 80-ton Stormcrow B.

Also, that Black Lanner pilot has an SPA (Oblique Attacker) that does not work with the weapons it has (ERPPC, 2MPL). Just making sure this was intended.

Yes, that happens sometimes.  Not the first time, won't be the last.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »

Making sure. All sheets printed.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2019, 05:35:12 PM »

Proposed Teams (if everyone can make it):

White Hats
Deadlyfire2345
ItsTehPope
Serrate
The Fury
Darrian Wolffe
Battlemaster

Black Hats
Timber Wolf D
Black Omega
Ice
Hat
Ad Hoc
Phoenix05

This feels like a roughly balanced set of age, skill and experience, assuming everyone can make it.  Serrate captains the White Hats, Timber Wolf D the Black Hats.  Thoughts?

OK, there's been no significant commentary or objections here, so this is now locked in.  If there are any additional attendees (Steve was asking Vinnie and other Steve if they wanted to come), we'll split them on an as-needed basis.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

OK, there's been no significant commentary or objections here, so this is now locked in.  If there are any additional attendees (Steve was asking Vinnie and other Steve if they wanted to come), we'll split them on an as-needed basis.

At this point, Vinny and Steve are available and planning on coming.  We will meet at my Mom's and come over in one car to reduce parking congestion.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 09:52:47 PM »

At this point, Vinny and Steve are available and planning on coming.  We will meet at my Mom's and come over in one car to reduce parking congestion.

Cool. They're probably both going to end up on the PC as things stand, given the disparity in force sizes.  That's also going to be pretty close to our total player cap.

Finally, as a general note, I talked with Mike at Origins, and you should expect this game to go to ~6pm.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »

Black Hats can expect to see a  coordination PM in the next day or two to discuss tactics.

Hopefully i don't end up channeling General Reynolds...

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2019, 01:03:29 AM »

I have a Gargoyle, Dire Wolf and Hellbringer.

I'll look into printing a Leopard and see if I can get it going soon.
Leopard printed.
If a Leopard is printed in clear resin, is it still incapable of changing its spots?

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »

Boarding a DropShip requires 3 Walking MP, spend in the direction of the DropShip's central hex, and a successful PSR.

If a mech no longer has 3 walking MP, due to damage, is it incapable of boarding or does the minimum movement rule override?

Gray Death players - on the day of the scenario - will be given a packet regarding their tactics.  It will not be irreconcilable with your battle plan, but they will have their own priorities as well (no, they aren't going to form a shield and all valiantly sacrifice themselves so the Rangers get away scot-free).
To that end, Crusher will be mission CO for the Rangers. I’ve talked with him and he’s willing to do it.

Point of order, I believe that makes me the XO on this mission. And some other random person will technically be the CO, playing as Grayson Carlyle. Is that correct? And if so, to what extent will the true PC's be able to exert pressure on the GDL to follow any sort of plan?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »

If a mech no longer has 3 walking MP, due to damage, is it incapable of boarding or does the minimum movement rule override?

Minimum movement always overrides.  Incidentally, this is also how an infantryman - or ejected MechWarrior - could also board the DropShips.

Point of order, I believe that makes me the XO on this mission. And some other random person will technically be the CO, playing as Grayson Carlyle. Is that correct? And if so, to what extent will the true PC's be able to exert pressure on the GDL to follow any sort of plan?

Davis McCall, actually.  And to make things easier, I'd just hand you McCall's Mech.  The GDL will have their own orders packet - which will be mostly in line with your own goals - that they will be required to follow. 

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2019, 09:02:08 PM »

Everyone post which dropships your forces are on.  I used blank squares in Google doc
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8