CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hat's Character Creation - Shadow Lance  (Read 448 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Hat's Character Creation - Shadow Lance
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 03:39:37 PM »

All personnel added to AtB.  Lance is ready for action.

Berserker

Lancelot

Cataphract

Trebuchet

Techs

Doctor

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 04:39:00 PM »

Rob, a few questions/corrections:

1. I'm confused about the Doctor stats.  Xiao has First aid +3, and so should have a 7+, correct?
2. For SGT Ramsden, he's equivalent to a Veteran Doctor.  Can I use him as such?
3. For SGT Zhao, as a Medium pilot she should be 3/3 rather than 3/4.
4. Dr. Walker is a Veteran rather than a Regular, so should be +6 rather than +7.
5. Promote SGT Ramsden to LTJG, please.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 04:46:42 PM »

1. I'm confused about the Doctor stats.  Xiao has First aid +3, and so should have a 7+, correct?

I think AtB might have changed the base scores around on some skills, because you've got a +3 skill rating which is producing a 6+ rating.  I can't do anything about that, so play it as it lies.

2. For SGT Ramsden, he's equivalent to a Veteran Doctor.  Can I use him as such?

No, but he can heal himself in the cockpit with that skill the same way anyone else with First Aid can.

3. For SGT Zhao, as a Medium pilot she should be 3/3 rather than 3/4.

My mistake.  Corrected.

4. Dr. Walker is a Veteran rather than a Regular, so should be +6 rather than +7.

See issue #1.

5. Promote SGT Ramsden to LTJG, please.

Got it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 04:52:51 PM »

One other correction - I'd forgotten to list his small arms skill when I consolidated.  It's +3 and added to the character write up.  It's in the Excel worksheet.  Sorry about that.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 05:26:09 PM »

Clearly failed quality control as I'd forgotten to put down Negotiation too.  Added to character.  For easy reference Small Arms +3, Negotiation +1.

Also, small change, replaced the first enemy who was the CO of the 15th Dracon Regiment to the Planetary Diem on Ares.  Still a 2 point enemy, still on Ares.  Also still needed to specify the scope of the Good Reputation - it's Capella.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:39:32 PM by Hat »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 04:59:16 PM »

Ok, needed to add the base level of Well Equipped back in which is 2 Trait points.  Based on the enemy I came up with, it's a 3, the extra 1 point being used for a Contact for the individual he helped. Story below.

Xiao Lixin's family worked for a commercial trader on a jumpship and merchant dropship.  In April of 3039 they were in Kessel in the DC when the LCAF forces appeared at a pirate jump point and invaded the planet.  Being foreign nationals they kept their heads down, but the invasion slowed the commercial activities and so they were stuck.  After dealing with poor treatment by the Lyrans who had a hard time telling him apart from the native population, he was out and about when there was a lot of shouting and it was clear that something big was happening.  He caught sight of a disguised Combine officer whose disguise had been damaged, revealing the uniform beneath.  Thinking quickly he ran grabbed the man's hand and pulled him along a side street, leaving him briefly before returning with his father's shirt, hat, coat and shoes.  While not a perfect fit they were good enough.  Xiao discovered the man's name was Tai-sa Anthony Fanhorn, commanding officer of the 12th Sun Zhang.  When the two were accosted as the Lyran troops continued seeking the officer, the father and son had not seen the man in question, talking in Mandarin briefly before answering the troops in English.  Xiao's natural charisma helped them believe the story and they moved on.  Once gone, Xiao asked if there was more he could do to help and the two hatched a plan.

It was less than half a day later that Xiao approached a Lyran officer in the 4th Skye Rangers, asking about a reward for the whereabouts of the Draconis forces.  He shared enough descriptions of individuals and mechs to validate that he'd seen them and knew where they were staging.  Wasting no time they dragged him along as they rapidly chased down the lead arriving in time to see the 12th's dropship take off.  Xiao was very convincing when questioned about what he had seen loading and in queue, and eventually the CO of the 4th Sky Rangers Hauptmann General William Harrison von Frisch was sold.  Though it was odd to pay a 12 year old for information, the Lyran's damaged the departing dropship and confirmed that the 12th had retreated.  They took his name and information and provided him with the reward, more than 10,000 C-Bills.  Xiao would come to von Frisch's mind a couple of weeks later when it was revealed that the 12th hadn't left and were actively raiding the Diverse Optics plant.  The fact he'd been outplayed by a 12 year old was a source of embarrassment and whispers that ensured if he ever had the chance to repay dear Xiao Lixin, von Frisch would certainly take it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:06:49 PM by Hat »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2022, 09:30:00 AM »

Please convert Doctor 6+ to 1 point of EDG for Ramsden.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]