CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SAPPHIRE Mission 2 - 10/16/3060  (Read 1984 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
SAPPHIRE Mission 2 - 10/16/3060
« on: June 12, 2024, 09:11:46 AM »

OK, this is now the official Mission 2, scheduled for end of June, 2024.  Changed to something which is not overtly suicidal.  The other mission will be played in July, with a DIFFERENT Ranger force mix.

Map
NORTH
[][][]
[][][]
[][][]

You may select either Fury or Lancer as an additional STARTING force - they will be present on Turn 1.  Depending on total participant numbers, there may or may not be a reinforcement lance available.  For example, if Bryan gets there at 1pm, and we already have a 4v4 game going, I may allow him to deploy immediately as a reinforcement lance.  When I have this much "not present" on my player tracker, we have to improvise a bit.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SAPPHIRE Mission 2 - 10/16/3060
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 09:51:56 AM »

Salvage sheet

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 02:30:01 PM »

I'll be prepared for that, and if the decision is no, then I'll just run a little OpFor.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 11:51:29 PM »

I really want to play as is, or only seeking for worse weather and light. I'm built for that, so feel free to ignore.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 08:34:59 PM »

Additional starting force --- Fury, you're up.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2024, 09:14:02 AM »

Generate as is.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 06:59:42 AM »

Generate as is.

SPAs sent.  Will generate Saturday and get the minis list up.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2024, 07:30:52 AM »

Sheets printed and written down

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2024, 05:09:08 PM »

Sorry. I lost my whole weekend.

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps:
Coast 1..........Rolling Hills 2 New..............Open Terrain 2 New
Coast 1..........Open Terrain 3..................Woodland (new)
Seaport.........City Residential.................City Suburbs

Deployment
Wolf OPFOR: Secretly select Deployment Zones before Ranger Deployment.  Three Mech Stars must deploy onto a separate northern mapsheet, within 4 hexes of the north map edge. One and only one Mech Star may deploy onto an already-occupied map sheet (4 Stars; 3 maps). Units of a Star may not deploy within 4 hexes of a different Star.

Ranger Forces:  Deploys prior to Clan Wolf units being placed on the board, after their mapsheet selection.  Choose one deployment option: 3 Lances North, 1 South; or 1 Lance North, 3 Lances South.  If the former, deploy one lance each into Zones 1-3, and the 4th lance may deploy into any of Zones 4-6.  If the latter, deploy one lance each into Zones 4-6, and the 4th lance may deploy into any of Zones 1-3.

Wolf Reinforcements:  Wolf reinforcements enter the map from the north board edge on Turn 4.

Ranger Reinforcements: At GM's spot option based on player attendance and late arrival, Rangers may deploy 1 lance of reinforcements.  Reinforcements enter the board anywhere on the eastern side of the central or southern mapsheets.

Environmental Conditions
None.

Battlefield Support
Rangers may use up to 24 points of BSP to select aerospace and artillery support options.  Artillery attacks may not be targeted on any Mapsheet containing buildings, and destruction of buildings by Ranger artillery constitutes a Major contract breach (-2 to contract score). 

Clan Wolf has 16 points of BSP available, which must be spent exclusively on air attack and air defense options. 

Victory Conditions
Rangers
1) Destroy, force the withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, 8 units from the OPFOR.
2) Prevent the Wolf Clan Objective 2 from successfully occurring.
3) End the game with at least 1 allied unit still on board and capable of spending MP.

OPFOR
1) Destroy, force the Withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 5 Ranger units.
2) At least 1 unit must move to Zones S-1 and S-2, spend 1 turn stationary in that Zone, and return to one of Zone R-1 and R-2.
3) Either force the attached allied units to retreat off-board, or render all allied units incapable of spending MP.

MISCELLANEOUS
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environmental MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it). 

2) OPFOR MechWarriors will ignore any ejected Ranger or Allied MechWarriors in this scenario.  This applies unless a Ranger or Allied BattleMech pilot has scored at least 2 kills during this scenario and has THEN ejected; in which case the Wolf forces will attempt to capture the pilot, unless another hostile target in LOF is equally as close (or closer) than the ejected MechWarrior, or the Ranger BattleMech target is within 8 hexes and subject to a valid LOF in any case.

3) Each time an Allied Mech is destroyed or its pilot killed, the other Allied units may flee.  The Local CO must make a Leadership check TN 8 (+1 for every Allied unit destroyed) during the End Phase of the turn in which the Allied unit was destroyed.  The Local CO's Leadership bonus applies to this roll, and the CO may spend Edge. If the Local CO is disabled or killed, his replacement must make checks, beginning at TN 9 (+1 increasing as normal). If this check fails, during the following turn, Allied units MUST move towards the closest board edge, unless that movement would put them within 5 hexes of a Clan unit (in which case they move along the edge of that zone to the best of their ability).  The Local CO may make additional checks in future End Phases to "rally" the Allied units, but failing 3 checks in a row, or the Local CO's Mech being disabled/killed while the Allies are in the "fleeing" state, indicates they will not stop under any conditions.  Fleeing Allied units will exit the board once they reach the board edge.

4) Wolf Clan Mechwarriors will not ordinarily use zellbringen, though they will not make physical attacks (they may use the Dodge SPA).  As a GUIDELINE, Wolf Warriors will not combine fire from more than 2 Mechs on a single target, including if only a single target is viable during a turn. Only Wolf Clan MechWarriors with a Bloodname have the option to ask for duels, and will only make a duel challenge against an enemy MechWarrior who has scored at least 1 kill during the game, and who is within their LOF at the beginning of weapons fire.  The primary exception to the prohibition on combining fire is if a duel is broken via use of combined attacks by Ranger players (example below).  In that case, Wolf Clan Mechwarriors will combine fire to the best of their ability on the interfering unit.  Finally, a Ranger player who wins a duel with a Bloodnamed Clan MechWarrior gains +1 bonus XP for the victory.
Example: Star Commander Olivia Kerensky is dueling a Ranger Marauder.  While she is dueling that Mech, other Wolf forces may not fire on the Marauder.  During the duel, a Ranger Panther fires at Olivia's Mech.  The turn after the breach of the duel, ALL Wolf Mechs, to the best of the abilities of the players controlling them, should attempt to combine fire on the Panther with poor decision-making capabilities.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2024, 05:30:15 PM »

Minis

BOTH IN OPFOR CAMO (woodland-ish)
Trebuchet (all my Trebs are in bright purple; I'll take someone else's if I can get it)
Dervish - Rob
Vulcan - Rob

GREYS & GREENS
Shadow Cat - Paul
Timber Wolf - Rob
Loki - Rob
Masakari - Rob
Gladiator - Rob
Ryoken - Rob
Pouncer - Rob
Shadow Cat - Steve
Fire Falcon - Rob
Linebacker - Rob
Lobo - Rob PROXY - Grendel
Ostscout - Rob
Phoenix Hawk - Rob
Phoenix Hawk - Rob
Ice StormRob PROXY - Battleforce Stinger
Hunchback IIC - Rob
Kingfisher - Rob
Flashman - Paul
Griffin - Rob
Guillotine - Rob

Fenris - Rob
Mist Lynx - Rob
Black Hawk - Rob
Vulture - Rob
Puma - Rob
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 05:54:22 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2024, 05:45:26 PM »

I have Shadowcat in Wolf colors and Trebuchet in blue and grey.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2024, 05:47:36 PM »

Shadow Cat in Snow Raven
Flashman in CS white.

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2024, 08:53:01 PM »

Plans have changed and I will be there Saturday.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 07:12:20 PM »

Salvage Allocation:
Lancer: Shadow Cat TC
Marigold: Vulture A
Paladin: Puma Prime
Fire: Pouncer B
Fury: Masakari D
Foil: Mad Cat H
Jazz: Ryoken E
Total C-bills post M2: -4,891,322
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 07:19:38 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2024, 03:04:46 PM »

Since Mission 3 is locked I'm posting this here and in game dates.

Ok I finally got the official family calendar nailed done for July. And I am available for the July game. So Rob Blitzkrieg Lance is available for Mission 3.
Pages: [1] 2