CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SAPPHIRE Mission 4 - 12/9/3060  (Read 1470 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
SAPPHIRE Mission 4 - 12/9/3060
« on: September 04, 2024, 06:01:38 PM »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 06:40:19 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SAPPHIRE Mission 4 - 12/9/3060
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 06:42:29 PM »

Map Layout

EAST
[] [] []
[] [] []
[] [] []
WEST

1 reinforcement lance.  I believe your available reinforcements are Blitzkrieg and Zeta, as Bryan's Marigold Lance won't be there. 

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 10:10:45 PM »

Salvage sheet

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 09:10:05 AM »

Let's generate and see what happens

Rerolled once

Per DM:
Wooded
Wooded-Hills
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 04:03:49 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2024, 05:47:18 AM »

Please generate

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2024, 08:56:11 PM »

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
River Valley....................Scattered Woods..........Rolling Hills 3
Open Terrain 2 New........Woodland....................Woodland
Rolling Hills 3................Grasslands 3................Rolling Hills 1 New

Deployment
Lyran Alliance Forces: Enter the board on their initiative on Turn 1 into the same deployment zone as the Local CO

Ranger Forces:  Deploys after Wolf Clan OPFOR.  Each Lance may deploy into any of Zones Blue 1-6 (up to 5 full hexes from the north board edge); no more than 1 Ranger lance may deploy into any Blue Zone.

Wolf OPFOR:  Deploys first. One Star (5 Mechs) deploys into any 1 each of Zones Red A-J;  No more than 1 Star may deploy into Zones A *and* B, and 1 Star MUST deploy into one of Zones C or H.  Elemental Star may either deploy into any Red Zone exactly as they were a Mech Star, OR they may begin the game riding the Mech star which immediately preceds them on the force list (ie, Elemental Tracy's Point may begin riding any of the Mechs from Caesar Radick - MechWarrior Christina).  Each Star may choose this individually, but the entire Star either deploys as though it was a Mech Star, or as Mech Riders.

Wolf Reinforcements:  Prior to the game, decide whether the reinforcements will enter from the Southeast or Southwest.  Wolf reinforcements enter the map through through Red Zone SE or Red Zone SW on their designated turn.

Ranger Reinforcements: Rangers may deploy a single lance of reinforcements.  Prior to deployment, the reinforcing player must commit to entering either on its designated turn anywhere desired along the north map edge, or on its designated turn through Zone R1, or on its designated turn through Zone R2.  This decision is written down and revealed on the turn the reinforcements enter.

Environmental Conditions
None.

Battlefield Support
Ranger forces have 50 points of BSP to spend as desired on artillery or air attacks and defenses.

Clan Wolf have a total of 8 Arrow IV artillery attacks, and may fire a maximum of 4 shots per turn, starting on Turn 2 (2 surviving Nagas with 2 AIVs each, resolve as Thumper BSP artillery. May employ HE or Homing Rounds using AIV Homing Rules [simplified] from BattleMech Manual pg 97).  Wolf forces also have 12 BP available to spend on air attacks and defenses.  Wolf Artillery may not be targeted into a Ranger objective zone, but may drift there.

There are no presighted hexes in this scenario.

Victory Conditions
Rangers
1) Destroy, force the withdrawal of, or render incapable of spending MP, 15 total units** from the primary OPFOR
2) Move at least 6 ground units into one of any full hex Ranger Objective Zone Z1, and remain there for 1 full turn, spending only Walking/Cruising MP.  A unit inside the Objective Zone may automatically exit the board once it has "scored", as long as it is capable of spending MP during the movement phase.  Airborne and VTOL units do not count towards this Breakthrough objective, but LAMs specifically do as long as they are not spending Aerospace MP.
3) End the game with at least 1 allied unit still on board and capable of spending MP.
**Reminder that Elemental Points are considered "destroyed" for purposes of scoring when they have lost 4 or more suits.

OPFOR
1) Destroy, or render incapable of spending MP, at least 10 combined Ranger and Lyran units.
2) Prevent more than 4 ground units from scoring in Zone Z1
3) Suffer no more than 10 total units from the Primary OPFOR rendered incapable of spending MP by the end of the game.
**Reminder that Elemental Points are considered "destroyed" for purposes of scoring when they have lost 4 or more suits.

MISCELLANEOUS
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environmental MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it). 

2) OPFOR MechWarriors will ignore any ejected Ranger or Allied MechWarriors in this scenario.  This applies unless a Ranger or Allied BattleMech pilot has scored at least 2 kills during this scenario and has THEN ejected; in which case the Wolf forces will attempt to capture the pilot, unless another hostile target in LOF is equally as close (or closer) than the ejected MechWarrior, or the Ranger BattleMech target is within 8 hexes and subject to a valid LOF in any case.

3) Each time an Allied Mech named in the mission objectives (Wolverine, Hunchback, Griffin) is destroyed or its pilot killed, the other named Allied units may flee.  The Local CO must make a Leadership check TN 8 (+1 for every total Allied unit destroyed) during the End Phase of the turn in which the Allied unit was destroyed.  The Local CO's Leadership bonus applies to this roll, and the CO may spend Edge. If the Local CO is disabled or killed, his replacement must make checks, beginning at TN 9 (+1 increasing as normal). If this check fails, during the following turn, Allied units MUST move towards the closest board edge, unless that movement would put them within 5 hexes of a Clan unit (in which case they move along the edge of that zone to the best of their ability).  The Local CO may make additional checks in future End Phases to "rally" the Allied units, but failing 3 checks in a row, or the Local CO's Mech being disabled/killed while the Allies are in the "fleeing" state, indicates they will not stop under any conditions.  Fleeing Allied units will exit the board once they reach the board edge.

4) Wolf Clan Mechwarriors will not ordinarily use zellbringen, though they will not make physical attacks (they may use the Dodge SPA).  As a GUIDELINE, Wolf Warriors will not combine fire from more than 2 Mechs on a single target, including if only a single target is viable during a turn. Only Wolf Clan MechWarriors with a Bloodname have the option to ask for duels, and will only make a duel challenge against an enemy MechWarrior who has scored at least 1 kill during the game, and who is within their LOF at the beginning of weapons fire.  The primary exception to the prohibition on combining fire is if a duel is broken via use of combined attacks by Ranger players (example below).  In that case, Wolf Clan Mechwarriors will combine fire to the best of their ability on the interfering unit.  Finally, a Ranger player who wins a duel with a Bloodnamed Clan MechWarrior gains +1 bonus XP for the victory.
Example: Star Commander Olivia Kerensky is dueling a Ranger Marauder.  While she is dueling that Mech, other Wolf forces may not fire on the Marauder.  During the duel, a Ranger Panther fires at Olivia's Mech.  The turn after the breach of the duel, ALL Wolf Mechs, to the best of the abilities of the players controlling them, should attempt to combine fire on the Panther with poor decision-making capabilities.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 10:32:18 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2024, 09:12:04 PM »

Only one option for reinforcement from training. Blitzkrieg is up.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2024, 05:44:16 AM »

Hey, why is Ereschuld in a deployable state and Blitzkrieg is in Training, if Hat can't make the game?

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2024, 07:18:22 AM »

Hey, why is Ereschuld in a deployable state and Blitzkrieg is in Training, if Hat can't make the game?

Hat did stay on training for 2 months. If you want to retroactively swap Ehreschuld and blitzkrieg, it's fine. Just in case we have a 2nd Dec game, we should be fine as is.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2024, 12:28:17 PM »

Sheets printed and done

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2024, 04:15:37 PM »

"Each Lance may deploy into any of Zones Blue 1-6 (up to 5 full hexes from the north board edge); no more than 1 Ranger lance may deploy into any Blue Zone."

You only have 4 blue zones shown on map.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2024, 05:54:48 PM »

Wolverine
Hunchback
Griffin
Flashman

Mad Cat
Man o' War
Man o' War
Linebacker
Vulture
Elementals x5 (I have 2 full stars of elementals painted we can use)
Ryoken
Black Hawk
Koshi
Fenris
Fenris
Elementals x5
Daishi
Gladiator
Masakari
Night Gyr
Mad Cat
Highlander
Marauder (IS 75T)
Supernova
Griffin
Rifleman

Fenris
Vixen
Dasher
Koshi
Puma

For mechs I have painted:
Daishi, Black Hawk, and Man o' War in Wolf brown/black
Gladiator in either green CJF or Ghost Bear
Supernova in Nova cat
Koshi and Adder in green CJF
Mad Cat, Vulture, and Ryoken in green Snow Ravens.
Night Gyr in Ghost Bear
Elements (5 points) each of Nova Cat and Snow Raven.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2024, 09:42:48 PM »

While not finished, I have the following units in Star Adder colors:
Mad Cat
Man o' War
Man o' War
Vulture
Elementals x5
Ryoken
Black Hawk
Koshi
Elementals x5
Daishi
Gladiator
Masakari
Mad Cat
Koshi
Puma

I'd be fine to have them used whether I'm there or not.  I haven't checked to see exactly how far each is in the painting process.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2024, 10:34:19 PM »

Let me pull the Wolf stuff I have when I get home from work, and we'll fill out from there.  I do already have 2 full stars of Elementals in Wolf colors.  We should be good on minis this time without any proxies, save for maybe in people's lances.

I haven't checked to see exactly how far each is in the painting process.

*wince*  OK, ok.  You should bring your stuff anyway if you can make it.  I think I'm basically set to start that commission back up.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2024, 04:14:25 PM »

Let me pull the Wolf stuff I have when I get home from work, and we'll fill out from there.  I do already have 2 full stars of Elementals in Wolf colors.  We should be good on minis this time without any proxies, save for maybe in people's lances.

I haven't checked to see exactly how far each is in the painting process.

*wince*  OK, ok.  You should bring your stuff anyway if you can make it.  I think I'm basically set to start that commission back up.

That wasn't a dig, just wanted to offer what I could.  I finally have confirmation of my schedule for next weekend, so I will be there but will need to leave somewhere between 12 and 12:30.  I'll bring the stuff.
Pages: [1] 2