CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: First game scheduling  (Read 2918 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
First game scheduling
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »

Are we doing this on the 30th?  Rob, does that give you enough time to post the first scenario?

Do you need volunteers for first game OpFor, or will you be using some sort of lottery method?

Let's get this thing rolling!  ;D

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: First game scheduling
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:57 AM »

I too, am looking forward to getting this started. A game date would be good.
On another front, has anyone heard from Jarod? Usually he posts regularly, haven't seen a thing.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »

I talked to Jarrod recently - his daughter is doing a bunch of stuff that interferes with his ability to be here.  No worries or drama or anything; he's just been too busy to be playing BT.  He'll be back as soon as he can manage.

First game is, unfortunately, looking like mid-May.  I really wanted May 7th as the start date, but it's Free Comic Book Day and the game stores are going to be packed with game folks doing demos of games and miscellaneous stuff, so there's not going to be room for us.  I could theoretically do the 30th, but I believe Dan is planing a scrapyard grinder that weekend.  If that gets canceled in the next day or so, we can start then.  Otherwise, we're looking at the 14th.

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

The 14th wouldn't work for me at all.  That's the day I walk across a stage, and get to start adding pretentious titles after my name.  So with hooding (graduation for those of you not very pretentious and ego driven) that day, and a bunch of my family coming into town, I cannot play on the 14th.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »

The 14th wouldn't work for me at all.  That's the day I walk across a stage, and get to start adding pretentious titles after my name.  So with hooding (graduation for those of you not very pretentious and ego driven) that day, and a bunch of my family coming into town, I cannot play on the 14th.

Will you be requiring us to address you as "agustaaquila, esquire" from now on?   :)

Does Dan have an event planned for the 30th, or was that just an "in case we had nothing else going on" sort of plan?  If given the choice, I'd prefer a campaign game to burning through some old sheets, regardless of the height of the stack.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »

If it is mid-May, then I don't forsee any conflicts. Would like to maybe get in a game at the end of the month.

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »

Although I don't know anything for sure yet, there's a decent chance that I won't be available on the 14th.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:46:16 PM »

Campaign begins on 30 April!

Sci-fi City, 10:45am start time.  

Appropriate threads will start going up this week.  Pretty much all the characters are in (Dan, Jarrod, and Jon all have spots, but aren't in the running for this as they don't have PCs in yet), so what you need to do is start a thread and figure out who your company CO is.  Do so ASAP.  

Mission Briefings are scheduled for Monday.  That's how long you've got.

Future games are tenatively scheduled for May 21st and June 11th.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:10:29 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:08 AM »

May 21st is good for me.  I don't anticipate any conflicts on June 11th, but it's too far away for me to accurately say at this point.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 07:24:28 AM »

Those 2 dates should be alright for me.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

I'll be on the road heading to Florida on May 21st, but if that date works for everyone else, it's no problem.

WOOT!!!  ;D 

I'm glad to see this campaign getting underway, I even did a little painting last night.  Star League is just OD right?  No highlight colors or anything?  Anyone have a Star League decal for sale or trade (or two)?  I do have a sheet of Heraldry Shields 01 from FPG, which seems appropriate somehow for an old-school Royal regiment, so I may use those to add a little color.  Any suggestions welcome.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »

30th is good here.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

maddyfish

• Corporal
  • The sword and hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »

Hey,

I have been exceptionally busy with school and all the kids activities, in fact my daughters and I will be out of town almost every weekend from mid May to late August.

I'd like to play, but it is hard to say when I can make it, should I generate a character (of which I have basically no idea how to do)?
Have Wasp, will travel.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »

Hey,

I have been exceptionally busy with school and all the kids activities, in fact my daughters and I will be out of town almost every weekend from mid May to late August.

I'd like to play, but it is hard to say when I can make it, should I generate a character (of which I have basically no idea how to do)?

Hey man, good to see you back. 

At this point, while I'd love to have you in and playing, if your scheduling is going to be that hectic I'd say come in and play opfor whenever you can make it.  We can always add a character for you if the opportunity to play regularly arises - there's plenty of opportunity within the scope of the campaign.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »

Thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. Nice to hear from you.
Pages: [1] 2