CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Author Topic: IC: 12 Jan, 2767; The spaceport  (Read 1500 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
IC: 12 Jan, 2767; The spaceport
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »

The spaceport is a small one; a pre-fab model and about 120 years old.  There are a pair of DropShips on the tarmac (their start-up power carts are nowhere to be seen), a walled enclosure containing most of the volatile contents that a spaceport needs, and an an-walled HPG station nearby.  Intel from the codes you cracked indicates that reinforcements from Chicago are on their way on the ground (to intercept you in case this was a feint and you break for the better-stocked Chi-town spaceport); you have about 2 days until they'll get there.

Two lances of Medium/Heavy BattleMechs are on-station - one at the spaceport and one at the HPG.  It looks like there's some mechanized infantry swarming around as you approach as well.

During the last few days, you haven't really had time to work on a lot of interrogation.  SGT Venkman, however, has been quite cordial and apologetic about the role he was required to play.  In his mind, it's "just a job", and he bears none of you any real ill-will.  An interesting tidbit he let slip (which has been near-as confirmed by Babcock's - he has NOT been cordial - ranting) is that Babcock is actually a personal friend of one Stefan Amaris.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: IC: 12 Jan, 2767; The spaceport
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:31:01 AM »

BattleMechs and vehicles you can positively ID from sensor ops checks are the following:

x2 Rifleman
Phoenix Hawk

Maxim Hover Transport (x4)

There are about a half-dozen turret emplacements.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:45 PM »

Captain Freund's voice comes over the company comms, "Callahan, what class are those two dropships?  I'm having trouble making them out."

agustaaquila

• Backstabbing Capellan
  • Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

[Internal thoughts of Xin]Lets see, we need to get a message off to the SLDF to come and pick us up.  But we have no way of guaranteeing that the ship will be there to pick us up.  There must be some kind of code that we can send out to represent a SLDF unit in distress,  and pickup is needed.  Now what was that code.....[/ranting]

((GM:  Protocol SLDF check to see if I know any codes to include in a message to indicate distress and pick up needed at some star coordinates.  Also  I do not know if this is one check or two, but another check to figure out where a secret base is to go to to rearm.  SL sourcebook p113))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:54:49 PM by agustaaquila »

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »

Captain Freund's voice comes over the company comms, "Callahan, what class are those two dropships?  I'm having trouble making them out."

And what insignia are they wearing?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »

((GM:  Protocol SLDF check to see if I know any codes to include in a message to indicate distress and pick up needed at some star coordinates.  Also  I do not know if this is one check or two, but another check to figure out where a secret base is to go to to rearm.  SL sourcebook p113))

GM: Pass on the first - you know precisely the code to use.  SOP involves a pickup on the lee side (the one away from Terra) of one of the Sol System's Gas Giants at the first available pirate point.  Both the time and the planet behind which you wish to be picked up are included in the code.

Fail, with an MoF of 7(!) on the second check.  You're simply not of high enough rank - nor stationed on Terra - to have information about secret bases readily at hand.  Banzai would also normally get a roll, as he was stationed on Terra, but lacking the Protocol/SLDF skill, he doesn't get one.  Major Sakic knows of a few...but they're all back near Vancouver in his standard operation area.

The DropShips are a Pentagon-class assault ship, and a Seeker-class Transport.  There is also an Areodyne DropShip hangar with its door closed.  Neither looks especially damaged and neither is powered up at all, nor are there APUs nearby to assist in such an endeavor.  Both ships have open doors, and there is a little bit of foot traffic up and down the ramps of each one.  Both have patches of black primer over where an insignia might otherwise be - but they do not sport a Rim Worlds logo at all...and they've had several days to get that done.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »

GM: Pass on the first - you know precisely the code to use.  SOP involves a pickup on the lee side (the one away from Terra) of one of the Sol System's Gas Giants at the first available pirate point.  Both the time and the planet behind which you wish to be picked up are included in the code.

Fail, with an MoF of 7(!) on the second check.  You're simply not of high enough rank - nor stationed on Terra - to have information about secret bases readily at hand.  Banzai would also normally get a roll, as he was stationed on Terra, but lacking the Protocol/SLDF skill, he doesn't get one.  Major Sakic knows of a few...but they're all back near Vancouver in his standard operation area.

[ooc-Banzai knows where to get those answers. Please see request in IC 8 Jan thread--the weapons lab knows all] 
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »

[the weapons lab knows all]

That is both completely and hilariously untrue.

Yes, I've got the lab in my GM notes.  Yes, it will become important in time.  In fact, it will factor into the campaign in a pretty major way.  No, it is not a "get off Terra free" card.  ;D

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »

:o :o          ;D ;D ;D