CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2376 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: July 05, 2022, 07:26:33 AM »

We had a general thread back in the other campaign, seemed like a good thing to have here.  For the Order of Battle sub-forum, I have a few questions.

1. Is the intent that there will be current "cards" for all unit personnel there?
2. Is there anything we will be maintaining or adding to those threads?  For example, is that where we would put character / lance backgrounds, write ups, etc.?
3. If there are things that aren't updated there, how do you prefer for us to let you know (only matters if the intent is that the cards will be kept current)?  After you clarified about the Doctor skill on Ramsden I'd asked to have it converted to 1 point of EDG.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:39:05 PM by Hat »

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »

Buying prepodded stuff posed a question.The warehouse section in rules shows the erppc vs erppc podded to be same price. The .25 applies to converting to podded from the way it reads of normal non podded items. So for clarification purposes is it base cost new is the same as its non podded base or is it at accumulative net x1.25 at all times for podded regardless of converting or new.
Die Clanner!!!!

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 08:00:46 PM »

Do mechwarriors and doctors that transfer to new unit get the possibility of rolling for experience for the last 3 years?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 08:01:48 PM »

Do mechwarriors and doctors that transfer to new unit get the possibility of rolling for experience for the last 3 years?

For the sake of sanity (and because I don't want to go through and adjust up to 40 personnel in AtB), no.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 08:04:24 PM »

Are "field gunners" considered "conventional infantry"?
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »

Are "field gunners" considered "conventional infantry"?

Evidently they are not.

EDIT: To be more clear, according to AtB, they are a type of conventional infantry, but do not seem to suffer the environmental-related penalties of conventional infantry, nor do they take doubled damage in open terrain (although they suffer conventional infantry damage from anti-infantry weapons).  FWIW, unlike conventional infantry, they may also not shoot and move in the same turn.  EDIT2: They DO take doubled damage from Area-effect attacks, by the way.  Dropping a 10 point HE bomb on them in AtB resulted in 20 casualties.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 05:43:46 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 10:09:58 PM »

Ok.  I looked at Strat Ops, the old question thread and the current ruleset and I still have some questions on repairs.  Reworking original post for clarity:

1. Scrapping a damaged limb/component - Mod: N/A, Time: 0 (per previous question thread)
2. Attaching a new limb after carefully removing/scrapping an old one - Mod: ?, Time: ? (blown off limb would seem harder and it's a +2, 180 minutes)
3. Removing a head or side torso - Mod: ?, Time: ? (breaking down a mech for parts may certainly have intact pieces that can be removed)
4. Attaching a side torso or head after a previous one carefully removed - Mod: ?, Time: ? (not sure if this counts as "destroyed" location for torso, or "blown off" for head)

Once answered, I suggest rolling these into the main rules thread / next rules revision.

Ryan's wanting to do more of his own stuff this campaign, so when he repairs the Black Hawk-KU and replaces the left leg that got hip actuator damage I want to make sure the process is clear.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:19:42 AM by Hat »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »

1. Scrapping a damaged limb/component - Mod: N/A, Time: 0 (per previous question thread)
Modifier: n/a
Time: n/a*.  Removing a destroyed component or location doesn't require time or a roll.  For example, a medium laser or hand actuator which takes a critical hit can simply be outright replaced (at the normal modifiers/time) and don't have to be removed prior to installing a new one.  I feel the need to point out that hips and shoulders are the exception here, requiring *removal* of all intact components in the limb as per the normal rules, and installing a totally new limb.  Note that you CAN scrap a limb without removing components, with the caveat that it'll scrap all the components, too. Scrapping the intact left arm of a Wasp 1A?  You'll also lose the armor, and the upper arm, lower arm, and hand actuators.

2. Attaching a new limb after carefully removing/scrapping an old one - Mod: ?, Time: ? (blown off limb would seem harder and it's a +2, 180 minutes)
As it's not listed elsewhere on the Master Repair Table, it would quality as replacing Miscellaneous Equipment.
Modifier: +1
Time: 120.

3. Removing a head or side torso - Mod: ?, Time: ? (breaking down a mech for parts may certainly have intact pieces that can be removed)
As it's not listed elsewhere on the Master Repair Table, it would quality as replacing Miscellaneous Equipment.
Time: 120.  *However, you have to remove EVERYTHING removable on the old location before removing it.  Taking off the left arm of a Wasp 1A?  Remove the armor, and the upper arm, lower arm, and hand actuators.

4. Attaching a side torso or head after a previous one carefully removed - Mod: ?, Time: ? (not sure if this counts as "destroyed" location for torso, or "blown off" for head)
Time: 120.  *Attaching a new location only gets you the location, not the components in that location (as a corollary to the requirement above that everything attached to the location has to be removed prior to removing the location itself). Attaching the left arm of a Wasp 1A?  You've just installed the internal structure and shoulder actuator; you will subsequently have to install the armor, and the upper arm, lower arm, and hand actuators.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 02:23:38 PM »

Rob: do you have to be present at a game to get salvage?  The rules say you don't have to be, but I've talked to a couple of people who think you do.

p.50 ruleset 5, "1) Salvage and Pilot Capture. Immediately following the game, salvage will be assigned to players by the Unit CO. The relevant record sheets will be assigned to the player receiving the salvage and from then on will be that player’s sole responsibility. Enemy pilots may be picked up by friendly Mechs during the game (end the turn in the same hex as the pilot and it happens automatically). These pilots are made prisoner by the Lance Leader whose lance member captured them. Prisoners are dealt with at the conclusion of the contract (see below). Any pilots uncaptured at the end of the game escape, regardless of battlefield control status."

Nothing in this thread nor in the rules thread contradict the above.  There's not always enough salvage to go around and people who may have missed out on salvage in a previous game may not be around for when there's salvage available.

I'm ok either way, but if you have to be present to get it, that feels like a rule that needs to be clarified.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 03:02:36 PM »

Ok.  I know the general subject of customizing damaged mechs has come up before and the rule has been "thou shalt return it to pristine condition before thou breakest it."  In the case where parts may be nigh impossible to get a hold of (ClanTech), a mech with a single weapon could sit forever waiting for a part that even boxcars won't deliver.  I have no ClanTech, so doesn't inherently impact me for this case, but using it as an example.

Would it be possible to "customize" a mech back to a stock variant?  It would for example allow for someone to "customize" a Marauder 5D to a 3R because they've got that Std. Engine and SHS sitting around, but not the XL engine, jump jets and other L2 weapons.

If it's a custom unit that has say 5 individual customizations and one is destroyed and can't be replaced, they would all need to be ripped out to convert it back to a standard chassis and would then have to go through a full customization process again to put the 4 remaining custom parts back in.

Thoughts?

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 05:01:12 PM »

Is the google TO&E up to to date with current unit assets? Lucas needs to know for BSP calculations.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 07:16:21 PM »

Is the google TO&E up to to date with current unit assets? Lucas needs to know for BSP calculations.
Already answered via discord, but minus possible mech customs I missed to update, if anything needs to be altered please let me know.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2022, 11:09:13 PM »

With Aerospace critical hits, is that item destroyed or damaged? How would it work with a bay door? I was using the master repair table for the bay door to repair it and the numbers to repair and replace are different.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

Related to customizations, it's common to pull components out of a mech as a step completely separate from the customizations.  Do you have to have free space in the warehouse to put everything away before pulling out the components to put in?  If you combined it all into a single process, arguably it would naturally ebb and flow.  Just want to make sure I make allowances in the future.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Major
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 09:51:14 AM »

Rob an idea for opfor considering the last mission. When we run into missions where an opfor player gets stuck playing basically just infantry tanks and turrets maybe give that person an xp to use in non combat skills for their pc. Taelor kind of got the short end on the last one. Now an addendum for that however. Had the air bsp stopped the wraith in those last 2 turns I would have given my vote for MVP to Taelor same for Hat with the daring wolverine regardless. Theoretically the tanks could have done the deed as well but its just not super likely to see a defensive mvp for this type of situation for that player unless they have arty turrets and even then its iffy. This shouldn't come up that often with amount of players we have but gaps do happen and opfor gen is randomish.
Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5