CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: OOC: 17 September, 2772  (Read 6877 times)

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: 17 September, 2772
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »

We've got mechs, with hands. Burying the dead is a very quick process. I propose that I take care of that personally in my Griffin, and allow the captured techs to mark the graves, say goodbyes, etc., as they choose.

1 hour for this.

Between this and Hannay's kind speech, and the basic desires for survival and good treatment, I'd expect we've earned some loyal service from these technicians. Please have Reed negotiate with them for their services in repairing mechs. Reed, please also provide bonuses for useful intel, including anything regarding likely incoming forces, or hidden assets at this location. Any that seem reluctant will be incarcerated until the end of this operation. Also, ask if any of these techs have medical training, and if so, assign 1 person to care for the injured RWR mechwarriors.

1 hour for this. Rob, based on the results we achieve, please have tech crews start working 2 hours after the end of this battle.

======================
Banzai and Moon, please begin working on mech repairs immediately, check the schedule for sleep. Anything else you want to do, please let me know.

======================
Have all RWR mechwarriors put under guard, while receiving care. We've got dropship crews that should be sufficient to handle this task using sidearms.

edit - Just realized the dropship crews are already busy with power grid task. We'll need to task our team with security until we discover a place we can stash these prisoners and ensure they stay put.

======================
If you've got specific skills or a specific mech/load-out that makes sense for you to occupy one of the mech bunkers, please post here and claim one.

======================

<continuing to work through administrative duties via comms while grave-digging>

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:19:45 PM by serrate »

Death or Glory

• Showers
  • Command Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »

Rob, I'll spend 50 XP to acquire Artillery +3 and 40 XP to acquire Tactics/Land +2.

Updated.  11/28
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:32:17 PM by Darrian Wolffe »

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »

Yamamori, please take lead on scouting the buildings with Marshall, starting with building E as has been suggested. If you run into a security system that needs circumventing, let Freund know; he can be there within 2 minutes.

WO Hawker, you're the only person with medical skills, so once that building has been cleared, please triage the wounded while you develop a plan for whatever you've got in mind.

=====================
We've got 4 pristine LRM carriers with no crews. I want to know two things:

1) Is it possible to use the explosive warheads within some of those missiles to create mines? This seems like a good question for Banzai (Science/Engineer - 6) and Schwepps and Marshall (Demolitions - 4). Since Marshall is busy scouting, have Schwepps assist.

2) Is it possible to get these LRM carriers sighted in on specific hexes, and rig up a remote firing control? Reed (Artillery -3) or Yamamori (Support Weapons - 3) should be able to help get these turrets locked in on specific hexes. The obvious choice again to rig the remote firing control is Banzai (Science/Engineer - 6, Advanced Computers -3) with assistance from Hawker (Comms - 6, Computers - 4). Maybe this wouldn't even help, as LRM's aren't aoe weapons, so perhaps the only way this is viable is to actually have some sort of remote targeting.

Other suggestions for using these vees?

=====================
Do we also have 1 or 2 Hetzers still available? Suggestions?

=====================

Guys, I'm just throwing some stuff out there. If you've got other suggestions or things you'd like to roll for, go for it. As for intel we should be trying to acquire, I'm particularly interested in finding out if there are any other exits from the Castle Brian tunnel system in our area. I'd like to possibly blow up the closest tunnel exit as well, depending on how far away it is.

We should try to find out if the RWR actually plans to hit the flank of the SLDF attacking force. If so, we've likely got 12 hours before we're engaged. However, this is an assumption, so if the RWR plans a frontal attack to blunt the SLDF advance, we'll have much less time. After scouting has been completed, I'd like Yamamori (perception) and Reed (negotiation) to talk to the RWR mech pilots and see what we can get (we've got no one with interrogation skill, RIP Xin). Of course, we should also be on the lookout for documents and plans as the buildings are searched, but we have limited time for detailed searching and we need to focus on stuff that improves our immediate tactical position.

Also, Rob, could you let us know what mechs are included in the reinforcement force that crash-landed at the end of the scenario? Some of them might be good fits for the mech bunkers.

I'll also throw this out there, I think we should have a goal to have all critical actions complete within 10 hours, not 12. We can use those last couple hours if we actually get them, but we need mechs repaired and defenses shored up asap.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

Yammori acknowledges the Major's orders and motions for Marshall to get going.

=============================
Question: Where will we put all of the prisoners especially when the fighting starts?  With the large # of techs, having the skills to figure out how to break out of wherever we put them is pretty much a given even without tools.

Intelligence to figure out:
1. Supply depots and caches in the nearby area and beyond
2. Any training / staging areas for infantry that could make life difficult
3. Inventory of available supplies
4. Little used roads / passes that could provide concealed routes into and out of the area
5. predesignated fallback positions, muster locations and procedures

Question: With the captured RWR mechs, can we figure out comm frequencies (including encryption for scramblers)?  Also any way we can use the enemy IFFs to ping us as friendlies to both sides and confound the RWR targeting systems?

If there are any Brian tunnel exits nearby is it better to blow them or mine them?  I'm guessing still the former given our limited resources, but it's a thought.

Do we need to worry about signal strength for communications with other SLDF units?  If so, can we make use of the equipment in building three?

Could the downed mechs be turned into IEDs?  Active fusion reactors set for overload, perhaps buried under "rubble" that would function as effective shrapnel when the overload sequence was triggered?  I understand we cored most of the mechs we dropped, so the number of options are limited, but thought I'd ask.

If we can get the LRM carriers to target specific hexes for remote fire, I'd recommend building a barricade / barrier on the bridge 2 hexes high and potentially a couple deep and then setting the firing pattern for the hexes behind it.  Station our guys at our end of the bridge to shoot mechs trying to go over the pile.  Also put shaped charges in it if possible.

phlop

• Painting God
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »

Major, has anyone tried to contact higher command and let them know our status. Bridge intact, casualties, situation, requests for support?

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »

I'll get on it right away Major.  By the way, Major, I need the status of YOUR mech so we can prioritize the repairs.

Orlov, I take it your Guillotine is toast?  I'll try to work that captured Griffin into the rotation so you can have a ride if you need it.

Marshall! Smythe!  Where the hell are your status reports.  If you want your mechs fixed, get them over to your dropship in 2 minutes.

Moon, I see you're on first snooze.  Get some zzz's and we'll get you in 3 hrs.  Come on Callahan, we've got a lot of work to do.

Banzai's thoughts on mech priority are..
1 reload and minor armor (Archer, Osprey, LAM, Moon's Griffin, Starslayer, Ostsol)
2 moderate damage (captured Griffin, Cahallan's Shad, Freund's Griffin?, Champion?, Spartan?)
3 major damage (PHawk, ?Guillotine?)

Unless some of you are willing to go without armor repair so we can work on the more damaged mechs first....If anyone has any other ideas on priority please sound off

Once the repairs are underway, Banzai will talk to Hanney about rigging the LRM carriers and remote triggers. 

"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

I'll get on it right away Major.  By the way, Major, I need the status of YOUR mech so we can prioritize the repairs.

Orlov, I take it your Guillotine is toast?  I'll try to work that captured Griffin into the rotation so you can have a ride if you need it.

Marshall! Smythe!  Where the hell are your status reports.  If you want your mechs fixed, get them over to your dropship in 2 minutes.

Moon, I see you're on first snooze.  Get some zzz's and we'll get you in 3 hrs.  Come on Callahan, we've got a lot of work to do.

Banzai's thoughts on mech priority are..
1 reload and minor armor (Archer, Osprey, LAM, Moon's Griffin, Starslayer, Ostsol)
2 moderate damage (captured Griffin, Cahallan's Shad, Freund's Griffin?, Champion?, Spartan?)
3 major damage (PHawk, ?Guillotine?)

Unless some of you are willing to go without armor repair so we can work on the more damaged mechs first....If anyone has any other ideas on priority please sound off

Once the repairs are underway, Banzai will talk to Hanney about rigging the LRM carriers and remote triggers. 

I had Smythe.  She had a fair bit of armor damage but no crits/IS damage.  I think Brent has the overall sheet though.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 12:48:47 AM »

"Alright i will catch some sleep would be nice to get a bite hot coffee and a shower when i wake up though if that is not to much of a issue if it is i can always catch one less hour of sleep I do wonder though how long will the repairs take on the minor damage compared to the other mechs how long in hours for each mech or mechs"
Die Clanner!!!!

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »

Freund, Griffin 2N
-Armor Damage: 40 points
-No IS Damage
-No Engine/Gyro Hits
-No Misc Critical Hits
-Left Arm was completely destroyed (not figured in above totals)
Also one empty ammo bin (SRM6). If we find ammo, I'll want a reload. If not, I want to move the ammo from bin2 to bin1.

If Orlov is going to drive that Griffin, that's good; but if not, I'll take an arm from it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:39:59 PM by serrate »

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »

Major, we may need the Griffin for Lt. Reed if the PHawk can't go.  What would you say to trying an arm from the Shadowhawk that blew up?  [Unless the entire mech is in little pieces from that ammo explosion that is...]
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Knightofargh

• Semper Senex Morosus
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

OOC been busy and away from sheets when I check these forums

I'll get Smythe and Marshal up tomorrow.

Marshall's champion is missing an arm (blown off by crit) and had something like 50 points of armour. Needs a ton of gauss. Spartan has about 80 points of armour missing.

Marshall would be searching buildings for holdouts and anything that explodes. First priorities would be mining the bridge after setting cutting charges on the span.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »

ooc.   Thanks Brent.  The arm should go right back on with little trouble.  It looks like we might have time to get to Reed's PHawk.  I hope we have enough spare gauss slugs for you and Travis.

Riegien

• Unicorn Clan Triumphant
  • Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »

If we don't, Marshal has priority.  If we have none at all, he can have the half spent ton of mine to shore up his, should be 3 shots left I think there.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »

We'll check how many slugs survived in the Highlander.

Major, we can we signal the fleet and request 5 tanks crews to man our captured tanks?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:35:23 AM by Black Omega »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »

We'll check how many slugs survived in the Highlander.

It was pretty close to full when it went down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4