CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 15 September, 3050  (Read 3575 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
15 September, 3050
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 15 September, 3050
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »

A FLASH PRIORITY message is sent to the Rangers.

Attn: Numenorean Rangers Command Group
Timestamp: 1000 hours
Re: INVASION

Less than an hour ago, Jade Falcon forces entered the Sudeten System in significant force via a pirate jump point that puts them approximately two hours from landing, at 2Gs.  They are accompanied by a heavy Aerospace Fighter group and a pair of combat JumpShips.  The Jade Falcon commanders, one Khan Chistu and one Star Colonel Abraham Chi-Li, made immediate contact with my command post to negotiate terms for the Falcon Invasion of this planet.

The units we will face include the, "Jade Falcon Keshik", and the "124th Striker Cluster" of a formation called "Vau Galaxy".  I made an effort to abide by the strictures of their peculiar negotiation system, and as a result I am reasonably certain that we will not face bombardment from the combat JumpShips, nor will we face significant air attack from the combined air groups of the Keshik and 124th Cluster.  In addition, we have arranged for an initial meeting engagement outside a town called Braunfield, at approximately 1300 hours local, today.  The Orders of Battle for the units we may face in this campaign are appended below.

As I am commander-in-chief of the Sudeten Planetary Defense, as per our contract with the Federated Commonwealth, I have the authority to requisition any and all combat forces on-world to defend FedCom interests against an "existential threat".  While the Clans certainly qualify as such, and I have included your forces as being under my command - along with the Sudeten Planetary Militia - in the defense dossiers which I sent to Star Colonel Chi-Li, I am not exercising that authority.  It is my belief that simply dragooning unwilling participants into a battle such as this will do far more harm than good.  However, I am asking that you join with the Gray Death Legion in the defense of Sudeten. 

To be clear, I do not have the authorization to offer you a bonded contract on the behalf of the Federated Commonwealth.  However, there are two extremely important points that, if your sense of honor and altruism are insufficient to convince you, need to be taken into account.  First, as you would be fighting outside the bounds of any contractual obligation, as far as I am concerned, whatever salvage you recover, and which can be clearly traced to Ranger fire, is entirely yours.  Second, and perhaps more importantly, the agreement the Jade Falcons made in regards to, "not using combat JumpShips against targets on-planet or in orbit," technically extends only to the defenders of Sudeten under my command.  While I do not know if the Jade Falcons would register such a differential, they may, and I'd personally prefer to have your men and women at my side rather than drifting through space in the form of tiny specs of dust in an otherwise indifferent universe.

I am currently in the process of scrambling and moving a reinforced combined-arms company to the location of the agreed-upon meeting engagement, while loading the rest of the Legion on board our DropShips.  The Falcons are making an unopposed landing nearby, and have communicated their intent to tailor their forces to the strength we are able to move to that location upon short notice.  Once my forces have deployed, my DropShips will move to an isolated wilderness location well away from the spaceport.  If you plan to assist us, please take similar steps; coordinates for the final DropShip destination will be transmitted to your captains once we have made rendezvous outside Braunfield.  Likewise, battle plans will be transmitted once we have confirmation of your intentions.

To that end, please respond with your intentions ASAP.

Sincerely,

Grayson Death Carlyle

Colonel, Gray Death Legion, Commanding
15093050-0958

APPENDED FILE
ORDER OF BATTLE, TURKINA KESHIK, CLAN JADE FALCON
Keshik Command Star - Khan Vandervahn Chistu
Assault Mechs - Elite

Trinary Alpha - Star Captain Jinn Buhallin
Alpha Talon 1 - Star Captain Jinn Buhallin (Assault, Elite)
Alpha Talon 2 - Star Commander Neal Roshak (Heavy, Elite)
Alpha Talon 3 - Star Commander Withyn Koga (Assault, Elite)

Trinary Bravo - Star Captain Ostin Roshak
Bravo Beak 1 - Star Captain Ostin Roshak (Heavy, Elite)
Bravo Beak 2 - Star Commander Hitoon Fischer (Heavy, Elite)
Bravo Beak 3 - Star Commander Quillian Mattlov (Heavy, Elite)

Trinary Charlie - Star Captain Vanna Hazen
Charlie Eye 1 - Star Captain Vanna Hazen (Medium, Elite)
Charlie Eye 2 - Star Commander Tyrne Buhalllin (Light, Elite)
Charlie Eye 3 - Star Commander Pith Viola (Light, Elite)

Trinary Delta - Star Captain Carson Icaza
Delta Strider 1 - Star Captain Carson Icaza (Elemental Star, Elite)
Delta Strider 2 - Star Commander Mon Thastus (Elemental Star, Elite)
Delta Strider 3 - Star Commander Iona Hazen (Elemental Star, Elite)

Trinary Echo (to be used for air cover or interdiction only)

ORDER OF BATTLE, 124th STRIKER CLUSTER, VAU GALAXY, CLAN JADE FALCON
Cluster Command Star - Star Colonel Abraham Chi-Li
Heavy Mechs - Elite

Trinary Alpha - Star Captain Dreeson Pryde
Alpha Talon 1 - Star Captain Dreeson Pryde (Heavy, Elite)
Alpha Talon 2 - Star Commander Fallon Hazen (Assault, Elite)
Alpha Beak 3 - Star Commander Tanya Uston (Heavy, Elite)

Trinary Bravo - Star Captain Jindan Yont
Bravo Talon 1 - Star Captain Jindan Yont (Assault, Elite)
Bravo Talon 2 - Star Commander Daniella Buhallin (Assault, Veteran)
Bravo Beak 3 - Star Commander Maria Roshak (Medium, Veteran)

Trinary Charlie - Star Captain Abbey Icaza
Charlie Nova - Star Captain Abbey Icaza (Heavy, Veteran)
Charlie Strider 1 - Star Commander Kelly Thastus (Light, Elite)
Charlie Strider 2 - Star Commander Junichi Hazen (Light, Elite)

Trinary Delta - Star Captain Kiera Binetti
Delta Nova - Star Captain Kiera Binetti (Medium, Elite)
Delta Strider 1 - Star Commander Arathorn Icaza (Elemental Star, Veteran)
Delta Strider 2 - Star Commander Iona Hazen (Elemental Star, Regular)

Trinary Echo (to be used for air cover or interdiction only)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:39:53 PM »

Topic unlocked for discussion and/or panic

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:50:43 PM »

Seems like its going to be a huge sum of mechs on the board at once.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 09:03:18 PM »

Is anyone besides Dragon and Duendain offline?

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »

Is anyone besides Dragon and Duendain offline?
Dunedain is combat capable, just PC-less for the moment. The question is if my PC will join the unit now. Fluff wise he was displaced in a previous wave of the assault and can be marshalling on Sudeten as easily as anywhere else.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »

Colonel Atayde would quickly pull together the various lance commanders to discuss readiness and options.  "Looking over the Order of Battle provided by the Jade Falcons, we're facing roughly a Heavy Assault Regiment and a lighter weight Hussar Regiment.  Given what we've seen, probably the equivalent worth of a Brigade's worth of firepower all of it Elite and Veteran.  We field roughly a reinforced Battalion worth of Mechs plus support elements.  It'd certainly be a help to Carlyle, especially given that we've fought them before.  The Jade Falcons seem a bit hidebound, so not sure if they'd go after us if we took off.  However, they didn't have any compunction against hitting our evacuating elements so clearly anything military seems fair game.  Midnight is operational except for my Panther that's stripped down for customization.  I know several of your lances are in a similar boat with mechs offline, but the bulk of our fighting forces are ready.  My inclination is to stand with the Gray Death Legion, trade intelligence which we may need in the future and make them bleed for what they did on Somerset.  We won't get paid, but I expect the salvage here will fetch a pretty penny and the companies represented here have subsidiaries elsewhere, so we may not go uncompensated in any case."

"I'll happily take your input and have a spirited debate if needed.  I want this wrapped up though within 30 minutes and a response to the good Colonel within the hour.  So straight and to the point, please."

He looks around to see who has something to share.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:41 PM »

That's the ENTIRE OOB which Grayson has gotten to agree to attack the planet, not what you guys are facing in the single next scenario.  Read the fluff blurb.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 10:08:27 PM »

He looks around to see who has something to share.
Rebecca Ramierez, Dunedain Lance temp CO, Raises her hand.
"Sir, I want another crack at these bird brains. Let's see how they do without this "Khan" of theirs."

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 10:11:18 PM »

Esser has 5 mechs ooc, but 3 in the factory and would request to field the two available units as defense. I will not lose my techs working on current mechs.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

Esser has 5 mechs ooc, but 3 in the factory and would request to field the two available units as defense. I will not lose my techs working on current mechs.

No lance will be put in the field if it's not ready for battle.  If Dragon's only got 2 good mechs to field, it'll sit out until such time it could field it.  If a lance is a mech short and one from the Unit Reserve could fill it, I will consider it.  As it stands, without the Panther, Midnight can't field a 4 mech lance and fit under the BV cap.  I could with one of the two mechs in the reserve.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:37 PM »

***All IC comments to happen after I finish my technical rolls.  Also, having two chainsaws is LOTS of fun***

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »

Faith comes forward I am sorry folks I cant abandon the Legion for undisclosed reasons.

Lynn comes forward as well muttering "I guess we cant let her go alone."

Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 02:00:26 PM »

That's the ENTIRE OOB which Grayson has gotten to agree to attack the planet, not what you guys are facing in the single next scenario.  Read the fluff blurb.
Where is the factory relative to the fight? Basically, is a loss on the field (or even a tactical victory/strategic defeat) going to result in the loss of the factory?

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »

Where is the factory relative to the fight? Basically, is a loss on the field (or even a tactical victory/strategic defeat) going to result in the loss of the factory?

I would assume the stiffest resistance we would put up would be any area that would involve the factory drop port training grounds or any dropships sent into hiding or that's been repositioned

I would assume one loss wont make this a guaranteed loss of any if those as this was the chosen location to fight

I would imagine in between the 2-4 fights would involve these areas if we even get a chance to defend those areas

Die Clanner!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6