CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Operation JUSTICE Mission 2 - 21 October, 3051  (Read 2949 times)

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Operation JUSTICE Mission 2 - 21 October, 3051
« on: November 11, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Operation JUSTICE Mission 2 - 21 October, 3051
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »

CO: do you need Skaraborg services this mission?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:07:11 PM »

Dancer: This means you.  :)

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:41:58 PM »

Not gonna lie.... I'm thinking Dragon or another fast lance goes in.  my deployment time is too poor for this, and much as I want a 4th Awesome to fill out the MemeLance this is much more than we can chew if we decide to stick around.  In an out.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »

As much as I would like to get any of my pilots to have ace finally, may be best to let a heavier lance go in. I am lacking in firepower atm.
Also Salvage sheet is done.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:50:11 PM by deadlyfire2345 »

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »

I'd strongly recommend considering Phoenix as reinforcements.  Crusher's got a LAM and both Dancer and Wolverine have speed.  Firepower is what you're going to be looking for.  Skaraborg has a solo mission.  Phoenix can bring 2 MAD-5D Marauders (4/6/4) with PPCs and pulse weaponry (2 MPL, 1 LPL) that can help out against the infantry as well.  Add to that a 4F Ostsol (5/8/0, 2 PPCs) or a MAD-3D Marauder plus a Panther and he pulls in quite a bit of firepower.

Where possible, I'd like to try and even out the playing time across lance commanders.  This is by no means to say that it has to be Phoenix as the reinforcements.  Ice's Config 2 would also fit for long range firepower arriving Turn 4 for example.

Just some options.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 08:39:06 PM »

Freya Lance's Hot Take:

To be totally honest, I don't think that getting in a shootout with that reinforcement group is a good idea.  We have an opportunity against the lighter opposition to get in, do our recon, give our secondary pilots some valuable combat experiences (ie, farm them some XP) against lighter opposition, and get the hell out before the reinforcement group can really get in and put the hurt on us.  Neither Dancer nor Crusher is really equipped for a shootout against assault-class Mechs being driven by veteran and elite pilots.  We're supposed to be a cavalry command, right?

I mean, if you want to push, we can push, and we can probably control the battlefield if we really want to.  But we're going to take losses doing so, and they're losses we don't have to take in order to complete the mission.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 08:59:34 PM »

Freya Lance's Hot Take:

To be totally honest, I don't think that getting in a shootout with that reinforcement group is a good idea.  We have an opportunity against the lighter opposition to get in, do our recon, give our secondary pilots some valuable combat experiences (ie, farm them some XP) against lighter opposition, and get the hell out before the reinforcement group can really get in and put the hurt on us.  Neither Dancer nor Crusher is really equipped for a shootout against assault-class Mechs being driven by veteran and elite pilots.  We're supposed to be a cavalry command, right?

I mean, if you want to push, we can push, and we can probably control the battlefield if we really want to.  But we're going to take losses doing so, and they're losses we don't have to take in order to complete the mission.

Fair enough.  Then Freya's the logical reinforcement.  With 2 LAMs far corner scouting becomes much easier and greatly increases the likelihood of getting off the board before the reinforcements show or spend much time on it.  Midnight would be another option but just got finished with Mission 1 and have a solo.

Black Omega

• Unrepentant Kell Hound Fanboy
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 05:07:46 AM »

Yes, I know.  I will be considering options.  Give me a couple of days.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 08:19:59 AM »

Yes, I know.  I will be considering options.  Give me a couple of days.

It wasn’t meant to rush you, I was just clarifying it wasn’t me.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »

Rob,
Please re-roll terrain.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 09:15:48 AM »

Rob,
Please re-roll terrain.

Terrain: Flatlands
Map: Town-ruin

1 reroll remaining

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »

Generate please.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »

NORTH

SOUTH

Maps
Open Terrain 1........Battletech
City (Suburb).........City (Suburb)
Battleforce 2..........Battletech

Deployment
Ranger Deployment: Prior to OPFOR deployment, Rangers must secretly select either the south-east or south-west corner in which to deploy.  This is considered their "deployment area" for purposes of victory conditions.  The deployment area is 5x5 hexes, and Ranger units may deploy anywhere in this zone prior to Turn 1, after OPFOR has finished deploying.

OPFOR Deployment: OPFOR must deploy anywhere on the center two mapsheets.  Only infantry units may deploy into buildings.

Ranger Reinforcement (1 lance): Enter the board anywhere along the edges of the Ranger deployment area.

OPFOR Reinforcements: Prior to the game, the OPFOR must secretly nominate either the eastern or western side of the battlefield.  OPFOR reinforcements may enter the board anywhere along that side of the battlefield, but not within 5 hexes of the Ranger deployment area.

Environmental Effects:
Light Snowfall: Conventional Infantry suffer a +1 to hit penalty if deployed outside a building.  Conventional vehicles suffer a -1 Cruising MP penalty.  Conventional Infantry may not be deployed outside a vehicle or building.  All heat-tracking units gain +2 heat dissipation.

Battlefield Support
Rangers may select up to 24 points of Battlefield support.  The FWL gains 18 BSP, plus 75% of the BSP the Rangers select.

PC Victory Conditions:
1) Each non-starting corner of the battlefield must be scouted by at least 1 unit, and the scouting unit must return to the Ranger deployment area. By the end of the game all 3 corners must have been scouted and the information returned to the deployment area.
2) Destroy or cripple at least 50% of the opposing force
3) Have 4 units or fewer rendered incapable of spending MP

OPFOR Victory Conditions:
1) Prevent all board corners from being scouted
2) Prevent the information from at least 1 board corner from being returned to the Ranger deployment area.
3) Render at least 4 Ranger units incapable of spending MP

Misc Rules
1) Exiting the battlefield requires a unit to remain stationary at the board edge for 1 turn.  Only a single spent MP is required to move offboard (ie, the environments MP penalties doesn't apply; or, more specifically, the Minimum Movement rule overrides it).

2)The FWL forces will attempt to capture ejected MechWarriors for ransom instead of shooting them.

3) Scouting a corner requires a Ranger unit to be stationary (not immobile) for 1 FULL turn within 3 hexes of the board corner.

Black Omega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »

Is a reinforcement unit allowed to complete one of the scouting objectives?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5